PDA

View Full Version : [PC] can't even start watch dogs Error 0xc00007b

HexDoctrine
05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
does anyone know how to resolve the 0xc00007b error code?

i have updated
net frame 3.5 4.0
c++ visual
direct x
clean sweep the driver, and thn reinstall driver for gpu.
i honestly dont know what to do at this rate.

solution here
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-solve-error-message-%22the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-(0x000007b)-click-ok-to-close-the-application%22-1106.html

credit goes to YAZ_H

Rivo07
05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm getting the exact same thing.
I opened a ticket with ubisoft and I've been getting replies, but nothing is working so far.

tomislav0x
05-27-2014, 02:12 PM
It's a Microsoft Windows NTSTATUS code, it refers to a broken executable image. If you don't trust me:

0xC000007B
STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT

{Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Reinstall the game.

Rivo07
05-27-2014, 02:17 PM
It's a Microsoft Windows NTSTATUS code, it refers to a broken executable image. If you don't trust me:

Reinstall the game.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice already.

HexDoctrine
05-27-2014, 02:30 PM
same here, reinstall the game twice already, i like how my friend already beat the game on his pirated copy and i havent even be able to begin the damn thing on my paid copy, oh the irony,

HexDoctrine
05-27-2014, 04:05 PM
update. a buddy of mine told me it could be a possible bad sector error, switching to a 2nd drive for installation and see how that goes. will report back for any progress

Rivo07
05-27-2014, 04:11 PM
update. a buddy of mine told me it could be a possible bad sector error, switching to a 2nd drive for installation and see how that goes. will report back for any progress

Please let me know if that works. I currently have Watch_Dogs installed on my SSD which is my C drive, but have a 2TB HDD which is my E drive, so it could go on there.

angelomichel
05-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Anyone has a proper solution for this?

YazX_
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
This is usually caused by Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, try the suggested things here (yes i know its bitdefender but this error is common for x64 processes):

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-solve-error-message-"the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-(0x000007b)-click-ok-to-close-the-application"-1106.html

HexDoctrine
05-27-2014, 05:10 PM
YEP THAT SOLVED IT

thank you very much Yaz you saved ubisoft from me b****ing them out :D

guys follow yaz's direction, download the dll files, restart in save mode, replace it and restart again and wahla it works!!!

cheers mate and a thousand thanks Yaz_h

Dark0Vador
05-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Hello,
I had the same error but not with the same cause.
I used http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to look up for dll dependencies and it warned me that the watch_dogs executable loaded a x86 dll instead of a x64 (in my case it was xinput1_3.dll).
I simply replaced it in C:\Windows\System32 by this one: http://fr.dll-files.com/xinput1_3.dll.html .

aaronstrout
05-29-2014, 04:22 AM
the problem is that the installer has not finished updating the direct x and vc++ redistributables. when you click download again, it should do that and everything might then work,

thesorinus
05-29-2014, 05:10 AM
No need to download xinput1_3.dll..because can be a file with undetected spyware inside !
You need to have all runtimes installed. Here is a guide. (http://www.techgzone.com/index/w-dogs/error-0xc000007b-when-launching-the-game-watch-dogs.html)
Cheerz.

YazX_
05-29-2014, 08:49 AM
if anyone still having this error and cannot replace the files in safe mode manually, do the following:

All necessary prerequisites are located inside [Game Installation Folder]\Support,most probably its because of VC++, so start by installing it from that folder, if that didnt solve the problem, move to installing dotNetFramework and other ones located there.

Erimines
06-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Apart from looking on this forum for a solution I have also been looking elsewhere... so far nothing has helped and I still get the same stop error. I have also been unable to post a question onto the ubi support page under my account as everytime I fill in all the boxes and submit, when I review my questions there are none listed... making it very frustrating to consider just how the heck am I supposed to contact support in order to get help with this?

Going for a fourth complete uninstall of game and all redistributables and starting again now but seriously ain't holding my breath.

Many thanks for the posts and hoping for a solution soon.

Erimines

DaSmileFace
06-07-2014, 08:14 AM
I try this method but i can't put those files to system32 please help !

DaSmileFace
06-07-2014, 08:18 AM
This is usually caused by Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, try the suggested things here (yes i know its bitdefender but this error is common for x64 processes):

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-solve-error-message-"the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-(0x000007b)-click-ok-to-close-the-application"-1106.html

It doesn't work for me because I can't put those files to system32 it says that i don't have permissions for that. HELP

YazX_
06-07-2014, 11:39 AM
It doesn't work for me because I can't put those files to system32 it says that i don't have permissions for that. HELP

you need to run windows\file explorer as admin, if you are on windows 7, just right click on windows explorer and select run as admin, if you are using windows 8/8.1, you need to run cmd as admin, then type explorer and hit enter.

DaSmileFace
06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
you need to run windows\file explorer as admin, if you are on windows 7, just right click on windows explorer and select run as admin, if you are using windows 8/8.1, you need to run cmd as admin, then type explorer and hit enter.

I still can't move files to system32 i have windows 8.1
BTW When I tried other methods and i see that my GameLauncher_x64 doesn't work because it is broken
If you can't help i can post you a video if you wont