PDA

View Full Version : Temperature problems

Cawn123
05-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Watch Dogs has been causing me all sorts of problems currently. The game sits at 101c on both medium and high settings with the GPU fans running at max. (GTX 660 TI).
This is the same card that runs battlefield 4 on high at 80c. No other game reaches these temps. Can someone help me reduce these temperatures?

William.jpg
05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Run BF4 again and check the temps and GPU clocks, if it's still at 80 with the same clock speeds that W_D runs with, have you updated to 337.88?
If the temp on BF4 is different (and the clocks are the same) then you might have to clean your card with some compressed air and check the rest of your rig for naughty business too.

DracoBengali86
05-27-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm only running 660's (not the TI) and I'm getting 80C, I'm used to seeing a "normal" run of 50 with particularly intense scenes/games running about 70. But 101...dang. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Maybe a 2nd day 1 update for game and/or driver? (already running 337.88)

Fir3wulf
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Well i'm not seeing those high temps, but my fans do tend to spin up alot. Even when I just started the game and it's still at the loading screen I hear my fans go up in rpm, which is strange.

You mentioned BF4, my fans rarely spin up in bf4, actually usually only when I quit the game to cool off.

guest-eQk0dkAB
05-29-2014, 06:52 AM
I am also experiencing the same temperatures. I have the following specs.

PNY gtx 560's SLI'd
i7-2700k 3.5ghz
8gb ram
1TB HD

Finaldeath89
05-29-2014, 07:30 AM
The game itself will does not directly cause your hardware to overheat. Your problem is inefficient cooling, you may have never noticed it before because you probably never played a game that pushed your hardware enough. The more your video card (or any other computer part) has to work, the hotter it will get.

One of the easiest ways to help (however, won't completely fix it) is to get a fan and face it towards your intake fans (not too close and not on high as it could cause problems) and/or a second one behind you case facing away sucking the hot air that is being pushed out of the case and pushing it elsewhere. Another thing to help with cooling is to NEVER and i mean NEVER put your case in a compact space, keep your case in the open so it has full air circulation, having in an area that is partly or fully closed off is just keeping the hot air around and just keeps getting recirculated back into the case making it worse. Other little things you can do to help is to make sure the cables in your case are held down with cable ties and not bunched up in the middle of the case, the more clear space in the case the easier the air can be circulated and more efficiently cool your case, if you have a bunch of stuff in the way in the case the air can't circulate properly and thus will not cool off properly. Also make sure your case is as dust free as possible, specially your fans, if they are caked with dust they will slow down and move less air.

Dave_id87
05-29-2014, 08:24 AM
check your fans and everything, make sure case has good air flow

YazX_
05-29-2014, 09:38 AM
the game stresses GPU(s) down to the throat, while its a good thing to see your video cards are being fully utilized but i have never seen my GPU(s) go over 65 in any game, in this game primary GPU hits 80 which is ok but i dont like it. (i have 7 fans on CM HAF-X case)

this was not the case with driver 337.50, i think something is off with the new driver, it feels like doing the same thing with StressGPU testing software, GPU is always stressed which is hard to believe that any game would that in all times..

Dellers
05-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Since the summer has arrived I have to play this game with the side panel of my case off, lol. I haven't looked at the GPU temps, but the CPU temp went down 15 degrees, from too high to fine.