PDA

View Full Version : Where is my game Ubisoft?

Lac3y1988
05-27-2014, 12:07 AM
I got a copy of Watch_Dogs through the Nvidia promo. Received an invoice from Ubisoft 3 weeks ago. The release date is the 27th (6 minutes ago) and the game has not appeared in my Uplay account. What's going on Ubisoft?

piethief
05-27-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm quite confused right now. I know NZ / Auz are playing through UPlay, and some in the UK / Europe are suggesting that they are too, but, like you, Watch_Dogs isn't showing in my library right now.

There's a lot of conflicting information out there.

Edit - According to this post it's 0900 GMT:

You get a confirmation email when activating the game and then you are good to go. It will appear in uPlay on release date/time which is 10am CET/9am GMT acording to Ubi support.

NOOBIFIER1337
05-27-2014, 12:14 AM
I got a copy of Watch_Dogs through the Nvidia promo. Received an invoice from Ubisoft 3 weeks ago. The release date is the 27th (6 minutes ago) and the game has not appeared in my Uplay account. What's going on Ubisoft?

The 27th is a 24 hour day...

It does not have to happen "Exactly At The Turn Of The Day"

Dizzyegg05
05-27-2014, 12:15 AM
your game will be available at 10am UK time. :)

Lac3y1988
05-27-2014, 12:17 AM

10am? What is this ****?

piethief
05-27-2014, 12:18 AM

More conflicting information! What the hell is going on?!

Joking aside, this has actually been quite frustrating. This is the first time I've preordered through Uplay, and I'll probably try to steer clear in the future. That said, many years ago, I remember my first memory of Steam was poor too.

April-Rain
05-27-2014, 12:20 AM

apparently 10am on the 27th, I too stayed up to download it as weighs in around 15gb, was looking forward to it and thought ubi would release early for us as its been available to the folk that dont pay for around 2 days now :(

Basekid
05-27-2014, 12:25 AM
10am? haha what a joke. Seems like we are getting punished for buying it at ubisoft itself.

Lac3y1988
05-27-2014, 12:27 AM
10am? haha what a joke. Seems like we are getting punished for buying it at ubisoft itself.

It is precisely this kind of crap that leads to piracy. Pirates have already been able to play for days. Legit customers have to wait until some arbitrary time hours after release day...

Piracy is a problem of service, Ubisoft, just like Valve says. Instead of more useless DRM how about improving your service?

sharktejo
05-27-2014, 01:17 AM
This will be the most pirated game of the century, and i'm a fool who decided to pay so i can support the gaming industry, and for that i'm treated like trash.:(

LoGAReTM
05-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Ubisoft, next time when you bundle a game with Nvidia hardware, do it on steam please, we can preload, check game files, install files from other sources instead of having to download them, a better overlay system and a better community hub for the game (no offense guys).

all I see is punishment and more punishment for using Uplay at all, if it was my call I would go to steam, I do understand that uplay might be somewhat immature compared to steam, but again what matters is what the customer needs and who can deliver it better.

utack
05-27-2014, 01:39 AM
This will be the most pirated game of the century, and i'm a fool who decided to pay so i can support the gaming industry, and for that i'm treated like trash.:(

I am so glad I did not pay a single cent on top with the Nvidia bundle.
4-5 days early for pirates is normal, that is acceptable. But 10 hours late for legit customers on release day? Hell no!

mattyink
05-27-2014, 01:44 AM

oh get off you high horse....
so you have to wait a bit more big deal...
Man this forum has gone way too childish lately it's pathetic.

rhonjura
05-27-2014, 02:05 AM
He has a legit reason to be upset, every other digital platform has released the game for him. Steam, Amazon, GoG have all released the game for play while those of us who were stupid enough to go through UPlay have to wait up to an extra 12+ hours to play the game, which makes literally no sense at all. I am one of those people affected by this as well. It is upsetting because literally almost everyone in the world who ordered this is already playing, crackers have been playing for 5 days.... yet those of us who were stupid enough to go through uplay get to sit here and twiddle our thumbs. In most cases people are going to be waiting up to 20 hours if they have poor download speeds which only adds insult to injury.

Shigeruken
05-27-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm from NZ, the game unlocked for me at 2.08am on the 27th
Expect arbitrarily delayed release times

rhonjura
05-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm from NZ, the game unlocked for me at 2.08am on the 27th
Expect arbitrarily delayed release times

Did the game just show up in the uplay client or did you get a email?

Saiteck619
05-27-2014, 03:44 AM
Same problem here: I have received the receipt email some weeks ago. I still can't see Watch Dogs in my Uplay.

jeffies04
05-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Look on the bright side... I think this could possibly encourage them to add preloading to uPlay.

Sorrry I know that's not what I would want to hear. Hang in there, it's still the 26th for me :)

dalt0nfury
05-27-2014, 05:17 AM
just showed up in my uplay games

downloading now...

I have a buddy that got it through steam and already pre-loaded earlier today so he is playing right now

DGMockingJay
05-27-2014, 05:57 AM
not showing up for me either. I am in India. Its 10:30 here, its already half way through 27th

Ubisoft is a french company, even in France its well past 27th