PDA

View Full Version : Watch dogs ctOS mobile app FAQ and download

Mr_Shade
05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Play in real time from your phone or tablet. Play anywhere you want, with anyone you want. And play for free.

That’s the philosophy behind the Watch Dogs ctOS Mobile app. And, having tested the app during a recent hands-on session, we can also affirm the most important thing it offers: ctOS Mobile is a ton of fun.

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Watch_Dogs_ctOS-Mobile_CompanionApp_TrafficLight_Tablet_Collage_61 8x348.png

But we had some questions. And we’re fairly sure you have many of the same questions. So we cornered Philippe Baude, Lead Gameplay Designer for the Watch Dogs app, and pulled him away from his own tablet long enough to grill him on every last detail of ctOS Mobile.

More details, supported devices and links to download at the UbiBlog!

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-ctos-mobile-companion-app-faq/

If you have issues with the quick match options in the app - or long waits for games - please read the following;
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=52&brandid=1979&productid=2841&faqid=kA030000000efdXCAQ

Memory_Kill
05-26-2014, 09:58 PM
It's a great idea, but for the mobile player, there is no incentive to play, why play if you don't earn anything in the actual game? Where as the console/pc player can still earn xp and online rewards.

Why does it not work both ways? It's seems more like a 1v1 with your mates mess around kinda thing rather than anything worth investing time on (if you are the mobile player) where as if you are actual game player, you can reap the rewards for the actual game with ease.

mattyink
05-27-2014, 01:26 AM
It's a great idea, but for the mobile player, there is no incentive to play, why play if you don't earn anything in the actual game? Where as the console/pc player can still earn xp and online rewards.

Why does it not work both ways? It's seems more like a 1v1 with your mates mess around kinda thing rather than anything worth investing time on (if you are the mobile player) where as if you are actual game player, you can reap the rewards for the actual game with ease.

I have to say i kinda agree with my bud there. I will prolly try it and enjoy it from time to time anyways tho. i guess the rewards for the mobile player are for the mobile app but a little something for the real game could have been nice.

When you try something new for the first time i guess not everything can be perfect. Picking up my copy tomorrow but having a super busy week, wont play much.
Sitting at the PC here reading all the kids rants loll i know this would happen. lolll

jsoftcheck
05-27-2014, 01:29 AM
So disappointing that the co-op or assist mode we saw at the E3 live demo was never implemented. That was a really cool idea and I was looking forward to it. Any comment on why it was cut? Too problematic to implement?

killerdecoy-X-
05-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Did they ever say why they removed the co-op or if they would be adding it back? And when will it go live? I was hoping to get to try it out while installing the game.

RealoFoxtrot
05-27-2014, 11:08 PM
ctOS doesn't seem to want to connect to the PC players

redjason36
05-28-2014, 05:49 AM
Well so far I have had all 7 app users rage quit on me right before the last check point. So that is really getting old already.

PsykoNL
05-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Well so far I have had all 7 app users rage quit on me right before the last check point. So that is really getting old already.

Same here man mission abortd when ever im getting close to a win or half way its horribly annoying

sarcasm83
05-28-2014, 12:16 PM
I haven't been able to even try the ctOS mobile app on my ipad.. The first time I tried, it let me connect and but couldn't find any players no matter how long I waited and ever since I haven't even got past the login screen.

So some people quitting on mobile might be due to connection issues aswell.

Anderslash
05-28-2014, 08:59 PM
I can't connect to a friend from my list, nor quick match.

DracoBengali86
05-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Really, the only reason it didn't even cross my mind that the other player rage-quit was because I have been having and horrible time getting the app to connect. In addition to not connecting, or disconnecting, what the HELL is the point of saving my password if you're just going to delete it and make me retype everything when the app says the the servers "are down"??? I think it will be fun...once it's fixed.

On another note, why is it that developers (managers/bosses/what ever) never seem to think that anyone would ever intentionally disconnect? That never crossed anyones mind?

DOOMLORD420
05-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's just me but I find it awfully strange that the game would be released on Windows but the ctOS mobile app does not have a Windows Phone counter part.

sarcasm83
05-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Really, the only reason it didn't even cross my mind that the other player rage-quit was because I have been having and horrible time getting the app to connect. In addition to not connecting, or disconnecting, what the HELL is the point of saving my password if you're just going to delete it and make me retype everything when the app says the the servers "are down"??? I think it will be fun...once it's fixed.

On another note, why is it that developers (managers/bosses/what ever) never seem to think that anyone would ever intentionally disconnect? That never crossed anyones mind?

Yeah, I still haven't been able to even try how it is.. Did manage to log in today.. Oh and yeah that login screen does NOT save your login details.. ever. Weird.
Every time I try finding a player, I also have to manually login to the playstation network.. Just to get a notification that the service isn't available.

So far their mantra "Everything is connected" haven't really worked that well. :P

Also disappointed at the fact that the co-op is missing.. Only realized it after reading this thread :/

digitalFatteh
05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah i read the blog and wondered what happened to the CO-OP aspect of it, being able to call a friend in to help escape etc. Dunno what happened to it. The iOS app at the moment takes a while to find players in Quckmatch and then its hit and miss if the connections stays and either one of us just ends up disappearing. At the moment I just put it down to UPlays 'special' features.

Maybe they'll release the coop side of it as an In-App purchase :P

dilbertino
05-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I still haven't been able to even try how it is.. Did manage to log in today.. Oh and yeah that login screen does NOT save your login details.. ever. Weird.
Every time I try finding a player, I also have to manually login to the playstation network.. Just to get a notification that the service isn't available.

So far their mantra "Everything is connected" haven't really worked that well. :P

Also disappointed at the fact that the co-op is missing.. Only realized it after reading this thread :/

Wow, after waiting so long for this game on PS4 and iOS I cannot believe how dissappointed I am in so many simple things bugged at the moment (Logins).

After 4 hours I've managed to pull of a total of 3 "Quick Matches"....while they were "fun"....the fun is gone when I have to login to UBI, login to PSN, wait for match, fail, network error, retype UBI password, login, login to PSN, wait for match DISCONNECT, is a bit much

At least fix the damn "Remember password" bug....all my PW are in LastPass and consist of RuHr78i743# non-sense, just typing the thing on the iOS keyboard is a pain in the *** every 15 minutes.....

cdrichei
05-29-2014, 04:16 PM
I cant even install the app anymore. I had it installed but since I kept getting network errors, I decided to re install it. so after uninstalling it from the app store, it now tells me that it cant install to a usb or sd card. I tried rebooting the phone and completely shutting it down. no luck.

Tenebral.Gaming
05-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Great game mode if you can finish the race w/o rage quitters. Again, we need something like this:

... If a player cancels a mission then the player through ctOS should score a win. The player rage-quitted and should also count as a penalty for quitting. Managed to score a win today without the host quitting.

Right now, each time i try ctOS Mobile in game i need to be mentally prepared for 90% rage quitters and zero points. :(

Freyar
05-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Great game mode if you can finish the race w/o rage quitters. Again, we need something like this:

Right now, each time i try ctOS Mobile in game i need to be mentally prepared for 90% rage quitters and zero points. :(

Unfortunately it is much the same way on the other side too. Attempted for ctOS Mobile challenges, only one actually completed, the others disconnected.

anTastico
05-30-2014, 11:47 AM
So disappointing that the co-op or assist mode we saw at the E3 live demo was never implemented. That was a really cool idea and I was looking forward to it. Any comment on why it was cut? Too problematic to implement?

Yet another feature that has been cut from the game without anything been said.

I don't think all of them will have rage quit, I've played 5 games and disconnected from all. 3 of them were my mates that i was talking to at the time and they didn't quit. The amount of times I've seen my mates online tied to get a game, failed and not seen them again for ages. Also times when they have been online and i just cant see them at all.

Once again, disappointment followed by more disappointment.

adrien-44300-33
05-31-2014, 01:19 AM
Bonjour,
Pourquoi jouant sur pc, l'application demande de me connecter au psn pour jouer ?

Blasman13
05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
I've spent about six hours with the app in the last few days. I've had to enter my logon info about a dozen times. I get constant errors about the Ubisoft servers being down. I get extremely long wait times up to half an hour before I give up. Twice the app has just closed randomly while searching for a player. I've been fortunate to have about 7 or 8 players found and a game started, half of those games ended up having connection issues almost right away and disconnecting. The other half of the matches quit immediately after I ended up destroying the players car. So far, I am still at 0 points.

The app looks extremely promising, but the connection issues and rage quitting so no one gains points really needs to be fixed. It's day five now and these issues have been present from day one and there's still no improvement.

CptnSpandex
05-31-2014, 10:15 PM
The app works and is fun and if completed you do get the points linked to your game, but the thing ive noticed is if you are doing well in game and it looks like you are going to win all of a sudden OOPS lost connection so you get no points, this needs to be changed as i am now avoiding doing the challenges as they keep accidentally on purpose losing connection, if they lose connection they should lose points and you should have a win and gain them, what do you think guys is this fair?

Smerch_UA
06-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Is Ubisoft workers are all ******ed? Why don't u make every single Dissconect to add points?
I've spented about 4 hours playing with ctosMobile and 9\10 = result is disconect from users with tablet-pc and no point's awarded.
So u just driving for 5 minutes for those chekpoint and than Bam Bam Bam and user dissconecting and you are left with empty hands
Just facepalm to those ppl who decided it will be great to not Punish for the dissconect's

Hakaari
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Is Ubisoft workers are all ******ed? Why don't u make every single Dissconect to add points?
I've spented about 4 hours playing with ctosMobile and 9\10 = result is disconect from users with tablet-pc and no point's awarded.
So u just driving for 5 minutes for those chekpoint and than Bam Bam Bam and user dissconecting and you are left with empty hands
Just facepalm to those ppl who decided it will be great to not Punish for the dissconect's

well, it`s not the player`s fault that the disconnects happen.
seen from a Players point of view, you Drive around for 5 minutes and winning, then Wham, the opponent is gone and you are left with no points there either.
so from both sides these disconnects are VERY annoying.

The fact is that Ubisoft has created another Beta test they have handed to players, pretending it is groundbreaking.

if you sprinkle sh*t in gold, it is still sh*t

Racist_Cowboy
06-02-2014, 01:39 AM
As long you connect to PC/PSN folks, you'll have lots of fun i unlocked alot of upgrades with a couple left to unlock and made it to lvl 30 since... i'm doing great on it even typing to folks i beat bad. lol

Only bad thing about it is i can't connect to Xbox players for some reason wont let me log on to Xbox.
But since connecting to PSN, i've been getting tons of players found..

PS. Also looking for players to beat on cToS.. so add me or pass me your name and i'll add you..

Strebs84
06-02-2014, 05:25 AM
It is not the app players that are disconnecting nor do I think it is the watchdog players either. It is just a new game with a lot of glitches. I have been trying to play the App on my tablet and it almost always disconnects almost right before the challenge ends. its annoying. Hopefully it is near the top of their 'to do' list this week. Patch it and fix it please.

Voxiripeer
06-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Why would you release such a thing now if it crashes all the time, I've tried for 5 days straigt to play it from my Phone , everytime I lost the connectivit or the other player looses it

Same goes when I am in game and I am accepting ctOS mobile CHallenge, he crashes before I finish the race.

Annnddd thirdly my game always crashes at the 2nd Mission line , dono why but when I save and the get back in game my screen freezez at the Login window, and to make things worse it crashes even my mouse rendering unsabel and beside all this I cna't perform any other action with my TAB or other buttons to close the game, the only solution remanining is to CTRL-ALT-DEL and Sign Out from my user. soo making a screenshot of it it's also not an option.

FIX YA GOD DAMN GAME before releasing it, would've been happyer to wait another month to have a 99% crash free game then a 100% crash game .

Rekalty
06-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Has anyone even managed to complete a challenge yet? Been trying since May 27 (well, 28, took them a while to even release it on Android) and I've only managed to start 3 challenges, all of which ended within a minute, and same experience when being the one challenged, while playing the game. Takes like 10-15min just to find a player, but I guess everyone is just rejecting challenges, since we all know by now, that they're horribly broken and prone to timeouts. On one side, I don't suppose we can complain about a free App, but Ubisoft releasing a product, free or not, it a state like this is just sad.

Blasman13
06-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Has anyone even managed to complete a challenge yet? Been trying since May 27 (well, 28, took them a while to even release it on Android) and I've only managed to start 3 challenges, all of which ended within a minute, and same experience when being the one challenged, while playing the game. Takes like 10-15min just to find a player, but I guess everyone is just rejecting challenges, since we all know by now, that they're horribly broken and prone to timeouts. On one side, I don't suppose we can complain about a free App, but Ubisoft releasing a product, free or not, it a state like this is just sad.

It took me about 12 hours of running the app to finally complete a game from start to finish without a disconnect. I've been finding that the time of day has been playing a large factor. For example, right now at 7pm to 9pm, I have been at the "Searching for player..." screen and haven't found a player (I restarted a few times), and have gotten the "Ubisoft service is not currently available" error a few times. I have been finding that it's easier to find a game and a game that will stay connected during the least active online hours. At around 5am to 7am this morning I was able to find and complete about six games from start to finish without a disconnect. Sometimes after "searching for player" for an hour, I will cancel, and then research, and it will find someone within one minute. I would assume that all of this has to do with Ubisoft not preparing their servers for the increase in usage after the Watch Dogs release.

PeterGTC
06-03-2014, 05:20 PM
application essentially does not work. click "Quick Game" and nobody nahodit.Aypede nor on the phone with android - the same result. as for the main game, other network modes seemed to me more interesting.

jakeakabusker
06-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Maybe it's just me but I find it awfully strange that the game would be released on Windows but the ctOS mobile app does not have a Windows Phone counter part.

No, I'm with you Doomlord. I have a windows 7.8 phone and the lack of windows phone support is quite shocking. It's not just this company but endemic across the whole mobile app field. Strange how companies like Ubisoft want to lead the way in regards to certain tech but abandon the windows phone platform.:confused:

FalconFly
06-09-2014, 04:28 PM
There aren't many volunteers in the PC/Console area to pose as victims to these ctOS challenges.

As a ctOS player, once you can blow up steampipes or get upto 5 ramming vehicles, you can easily win every single game. The odds of these challenges are just way too heavily tilted against the driver and massively in favor of the ctOS player.

Getting shredded by 5 SWAT SUVs within minutes while every 20 seconds the entire road blows up (nearly impossible to evade on some narrow track parts) - all while driving blind without GPS - is absolutely pointless. Add to it that sometimes the game gives you a car with poor performance, it just doesn't add up as a playable mix.
And on some tracks, the NPC traffic is just visibly made to get in your way.

uOjU85Zv2r6WhpL
06-09-2014, 05:23 PM
There aren't many volunteers in the PC/Console area to pose as victims to these ctOS challenges.

As a ctOS player, once you can blow up steampipes or get upto 5 ramming vehicles, you can easily win every single game. The odds of these challenges are just way too heavily tilted against the driver and massively in favor of the ctOS player.

Getting shredded by 5 SWAT SUVs within minutes while every 20 seconds the entire road blows up (nearly impossible to evade on some narrow track parts) - all while driving blind without GPS - is absolutely pointless. Add to it that sometimes the game gives you a car with poor performance, it just doesn't add up as a playable mix.
And on some tracks, the NPC traffic is just visibly made to get in your way.

Huh? I always thought it's way too easy for the driver. You can always shoot down the helicopter/blow up the SUV's if you're in a really tough spot.

DurexOnline
07-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I played serveral games today and this app is awsome, BUT my smartphone is a doogee300 with a 5'' screen, same size as a s4. My problem is that the police car icons ARE SO SMALL I CANT EVEN use them properly, the Font of those icons are very small for 5'' phones and hard to play like that.There should be an option to change resolution or somthing now to play it is fustrating.

Ive seen in youtube that ppl can rotate the app so it can use smaller resolution but I dont know if is possible since my phone uses all games widescreen and cant rotate it.

MISTERAMD
09-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Tried on my Samsung Galaxy S5, yet it's more waiting for a connection, or it isn't working as it was before.
Sometimes it take ages to found a player. All these issues are also under the comment section in the Play Store for Android.

chrisopo
09-07-2014, 11:42 PM
i got signed out of xbox live turned my xbox off then went back onto watch_dogs and pressed continue all i get now is ctOS disconnected and 2 red blips on the 1st island any ideas on how to fix reply to my email chrisopo@hotmail.co.uk