PDA

View Full Version : English Subtitles

Dael_lin
05-26-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm from Czech republic and I got my copy of Watch_Dogs today and when i launched the game i was really dissapointed by my language options being only Czech and Hungarian.
Is it possible to get English subtitles and text in my game?

C3G Jester
05-26-2014, 03:51 PM
What country are you from?? Cuz US has english subtitles

Dael_lin
05-26-2014, 04:05 PM
From Czech rep, i edited the original post. :)

I support more localization options in games so more people can enjoy them, but i hate being forced to use those languages.

C3G Jester
05-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Much better lol. I apologize you dont get to experience the english subs in your region game. But you could find a site that has english sub or you could use that sub to learn czech language

Dael_lin
05-26-2014, 04:48 PM
LOL, i know my Czech could use some improvements after all I've been speaking it since i could talk :D
But i want to enjoy the game in the language i want, if i knew Ubisoft would force me to use Czech language before i wouldn't buy the game at the only shop in Czech Republic that sold Vigilate edition. Would really like to know why they do this.

Mr_Shade
05-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Hi,

supported languages should have been listed on the Uplay store page.

If you did not have that information clearly displayed - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Dael_lin
05-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi,

supported languages should have been listed on the Uplay store page.

If you did not have that information clearly displayed - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

I didn't buy the game from Uplay store, i bought it in Czech store called JRC and the localization on their page said Czech subtitles. Guess it was stupid of me to expect choice in the language.

And from looking at Uplay store now I can'T find anything on language on Watch_Dogs pages.

Bassen87
05-26-2014, 11:00 PM
I didn't buy the game from Uplay store, i bought it in Czech store called JRC and the localization on their page said Czech subtitles. Guess it was stupid of me to expect choice in the language.

And from looking at Uplay store now I can'T find anything on language on Watch_Dogs pages.

I bought my Watch Dogs EU Cdkey from an online retailer, when i was prompted to download I had only 2 languages to choose from, Cestina and Magyar (Czech/Hungarian) And I am not from Czech or Hungaria, I'm from Sweden. Will I be able to change to English version inside the game? Or is this some kind of joke from Ubisoft?

Professor_McRay
05-26-2014, 11:54 PM
I bought my Watch Dogs EU Cdkey from an online retailer, when i was prompted to download I had only 2 languages to choose from, Cestina and Magyar (Czech/Hungarian) And I am not from Czech or Hungaria, I'm from Sweden. Will I be able to change to English version inside the game? Or is this some kind of joke from Ubisoft?

I second this... I bought DedSec retail edition with hope i will be able to play in my own preffered language: English. But having only Czech and Hungarian options for menu and subtitles. I want to enjoy the game with English subtitles.

If there will be no support for this from Ubisdoft side i will be forced to get it somehow else, and change the Localization files manualy from "special" versions from "special" places... which i really dont want to do....

Dael_lin
05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Got a reply from customer servise

Steven @ Ubisoft Customer Service:
Unfortunately English is not supported in this version of the game.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within four days.

Kind regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service

Guess this is nice F you for not buying the digital edition.

If i knew before that Ubisoft pulled this kind of **** before in AC i wouldn't bother with this game.

baron_Leo
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
At least in Asscreed 3 you were able to change it in the registry, I have checked and WD does not even have that option. I understand why UBI does this: a lot of online shops sell keys from the regions where you can get the game for way cheaper (WD here in Hungary is around 30 EUR), but i dont think that screwing over people really is the best solution. It is a moot discussion anyway, if Ubi did not care with Asscreed 3 then they wont care now.