PDA

View Full Version : Road 2 Paris 2014 - F.A.Q.

Kimundi
05-26-2014, 03:32 PM
IMPORTANT

The Road to Paris Live Finals was originally planned to happen in January at the Salon Gustave Eiffel. Due to circumstances out of our control, the date of the event had to be moved. As such, we are adding the following items to this FAQ.

We apologize for the disagreements that this new situation may bring. Thanks for your understanding.

Q. When will the Live Finals take place?
A. The Live Finals will take place in Paris on November 15th, 2014
At the Meltdown Esport bar
6 Passage Thiéré - 75011 PARIS (France)
From 10 am to 6 pm (approximately).

Q. Who will take part to the Live Finals?
A. The top 8 players on the Season Points leaderboard after the October Gold Cup will be invited to the Live Finals in Paris.

Q. What are the prizes for the World Championship?
A. The total cash prize for the event is 15 000 €.
This amount will be split as follows:

1st: 7500
2nd: 3000
3rd: 1500
4th: 1000
5th-8th: 500

Additionally, the sponsor covers the following costs:

A round-trip coach class air transportation (or ground transportation if the finalist lives within a 100 mile radius of Paris) will be provided to the finalists.
2 nights at a hotel in Paris
The prizes do not include any out of pocket expenses, extras, catering expenses, transportation costs to and from the airport and/or to and from the finalist’s home or hotel or all of the expenses which shall be exclusively borne by the winner.
Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary visas and appropriate travel documents prior to their departure.

Q. Why is October the last month to qualify for the Road to Paris?
A. For logistical reasons, the event had to be rescheduled to November 2014 instead of January 2015, as originally planned.
Because of this, another venue had to be selected quickly since the Eiffel Tower was no longer an option in the new timeframe.
The place chosen is the Meltdown Esport bar where we’ve already organized some Duel of Champions events before. This is a great place to hold the finals, which will be broadcasted in other Meltdown bars in Paris, London and Berlin simultaneously.

Q. What happens if I am a finalist and I can’t attend the Live Finals?
A. All finalists must physically attend the event in Paris on November 15th, 2014 to qualify for one of the cash prizes. If a player can’t attend, the next best players on the Season Points leaderboard (positions 9, 10, etc.) will be contacted to fill in instead.

Q. Who can attend the Live Finals?
A. Access to the event during the competitions will be on invitation only. Once the competition is over and the 2014 champion crowned, the venue will open its doors to the public for the night. Official hours will be confirmed soon.

Q. What will be the official format for the Live Finals?
A. The official Road to Paris format for the Live Finals will be the Standard format, which at the time of the event will include all cards from the Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares, Griffin Bane and Sins of Betrayal.
The tournament will be a single elimination in best of 3 rounds, with the final match in best of 5.

Participation

Who can participate?

Participants must be 18 or older to enter the competition.
Players from all countries can enter the competition, with the exception of the People’s Republic of China.
Participants must have reached the Champion 1 Rank or better at the time of subscribing to enter the competition.

How do I register?

You must register on the www.road2paris.com website by clicking the “Join Tournament” button.

When do registrations close?

Registrations will close at 2pm, CET time (Paris time) on the last day of each month’s registration period. This also coincides with the Leaderboard reset. Exact dates for each month will be confirmed later but generally will be the first or second Friday of each month.

Can I participate in more than one monthly tournament?

Yes. Every month is a new tournament and everyone can register again at the beginning of each month. You can subscribe to all 8 tournaments if you want to try to earn more Season Points!

Rules

Complete rules here (https://road2paris.com/season3)

Which game formats are allowed in R2P?

All Road to Paris matches use the Standard format rules. In other words, only cards from the Base Set 02 and later series are allowed.

EDIT: starting in July, with the release of the Griffin Bane series, a new game format named ‘Road to Paris’ will be available in the ‘Practice Duel’ game mode. This format will become the new official game format for the R2P. It’s essentially the Standard format but will give more flexibility in case of cards bans or embargo on new card series.

Can I use many different decks during the tournaments?

Yes. You can use whichever deck that you want from duel to duel, as long as it complies with Standard format validation.

What happens if new series of cards is released during an ongoing tournament? Are these cards playable in the R2P?

No. Whenever a new series of cards or other content that may impact gameplay strategies is released, it is not allowed in the Road to Paris cups until the next month.
For example, the Griffin Bane series will be released somewhere in July. All cards from this series will not be allowed during the July R2P tournaments. They will become valid during the August R2P tournaments.

What are Champion Points?

Champion Points are used to rank players of the Champion classes (Champion I, Champion II and Champion III) on the game’s live Leaderboard. The Champion Points are used to seed all registered players in either the Bronze, Silver or Gold cups.

What are Season Points?

Season Points are special points that are earned by some of each month’s Gold cup contestants, according to the chart below. At the end of the 8 monthly tournaments, the 8 players with the most Season Points will access the Live Finale event.

Gold Cup rank
Season Points

Cup Winner

Finalists

Semifinalists

Saturday Winners

2nd win (consecutive)

1st win

Qualified for Gold Cup

What is the difference between the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups?

For every monthly tournament, all registered players are seeded in either Bronze, Silver or Gold cups based on their total Champion Points earned before the last Leaderboard reset. The higher your Champion Points, the better your chances of accessing the Gold Cup directly.
Only the Gold Cup can grant Season Points, which are used to go to the Live Finale . Winners of the Bronze Cup climb to the Silver Cup, and winners of the Silver Cup access the Gold Cup, so everyone can win.

Are Champion points the only way to reach the Silver and Gold Cups?

You have another possibility if you manage to be successful. Sunday’s Bronze and Silver semifinalists will be granted access to the Silver and Gold Cup, respectively.

What determines in which Cup I’m in?

The Champion Points you earned during the month before the last Leaderboard resets determine in which cup you’ll be competing:

TOP 60 = Gold Cup
Next Top 25% = Silver Cup
All others = Bronze Cup

Remember that ONLY players who registered for the month will be taken into account

How do I find my opponent?

Each of your opponents will be clearly identified on your profile page on the www.road2paris.com website. You must find your opponent in the Practice Mode / Unranked Duel – Standard room and launch the duel from there.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT add the other player as a Friend and Challenge him/her through the Friends tab or the Challenge a Friend menu, as these modes do not use the Standard rules and are not supported by the R2P administrators.
IMPORTANT: You must click the ‘Ready’ button on your Profile page of the Road2Paris website before launching your duel in game for it to be valid.

How will you know who won since the matches are in Practice Mode?

We will update everything with the game data, you won’t have to enter the results yourself. In case of problem, the replay file could be used.

IMPORTANT: You must click the ‘Ready’ button on your Profile page of the Road2Paris website before launching your duel in game for it to be valid.

Are the duels played in Best-of-1, Best-of-3 or Best-of-5?

For Bronze and Silver Cups, matches are played in Bo1 until Saturday’s semifinals, after which matches are played in Bo3. Matches on Sunday’s final are played in Bo3.
For the Gold Cup, all matches are played in Bo3, except Sunday’s final which is played in Bo5.

IMPORTANT: You must click the ‘Ready’ button on your Profile page of the Road2Paris website before launching your duel in game for it to be valid, even for each match during a Bo3 or Bo5!

What happens if I experience rude or inappropriate behavior from my opponent during our matches, can I report him/her?

Yes, a reporting system allows you to report rude or inappropriate behavior. This can lead to sanctions, penalties or disqualifications.

Are the matches recorded and made public?

In addition to the Grand Finale that will be broadcasted, the Gold, Silver and Bronze cups final rounds will be published on the R2P official site. Also, each Gold Cup final will be broadcasted during a live show on Twitch.

What happens if there is a draw?

In the very unlikely issue of a draw, a rematch will take place within 10 minutes, until there is a clear winner.

What happens if there is a bug/crash during my duel?

You must report the problem and an administrator will contact you to resolve the issue. But due to the nature of the contest and the high volume of participants, game crashes could be considered a loss at any moment.

Dates

What is the schedule for the monthly tournaments and matches?

You can find the monthly calendar of the event in the Schedule section of this page (https://www.road2paris.com/season-3).

How will I know when I’m playing and who’s my opponent?

You’ll be able to know everything about your opponents, schedules and matches history on your Profile page. You’ll also receive an email notification of your next match before each competition (Bronze, Silver or Gold Cup).

What happens if I can’t show up for my duel?

It is your responsibility to show up in time. A 10 to 20 minutes countdown will begin at the time of your appointed duel. Failure to log in and click the ‘Ready’ button on your profile page of the R2P website will result in an automatic loss. Depending on the schedule, you may benefit from more time. Please refer to the Rules section of this page for more details.

Prizes

What can I win for participating?

Check the Rewards tab of this page for a complete list of what you could win.

Do I still get the normal rewards for playing my duels, even if I lose?

No. Since the duels take place in Practice Mode, you don’t earn Gold and XP for playing. However, you can earn special R2P rewards based on your performance and social interactions! Road to Paris matches are designed to be more rewarding . Check the Rewards section of this page for more details (https://www.road2paris.com/season-3).

Revalon
05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe you should add that players must click the ‘Ready’ button on their Profile page of the Road2Paris website before launching their duel in game for it to be valid. ;)

Jayrodocavaco
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Hello Kimmundi, The Rank system will be maintained? In my view the question to spend 500 duels to decrease 1CP very discouraging to those who play a lot, but if you kept everything well, but I think we should motivate play more instead of trying to stop.
On the issue of encouraging more playing, it was seen that no matter how AvKall Players and Matrix.disc, reached the final playing saw very few duels.

I_KNOW
06-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Help, i can't join in tournament...when i click in join tournamet button nothing hapens

I_KNOW
06-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Help!!!!!!!

Can't join in tournament

http://youtu.be/u3YuIyqF2-A

Kimundi
06-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Added some new infos

Which game formats are allowed in R2P?

All Road to Paris matches use the Standard format rules. In other words, only cards from the Base Set 02 and later series are allowed.

EDIT: starting in July, with the release of the Griffin Bane series, a new game format named ‘Road to Paris’ will be available in the ‘Practice Duel’ game mode. This format will become the new official game format for the R2P. It’s essentially the Standard format but will give more flexibility in case of cards bans or embargo on new card series.

What happens if new series of cards is released during an ongoing tournament? Are these cards playable in the R2P?

No. Whenever a new series of cards or other content that may impact gameplay strategies is released, it is not allowed in the Road to Paris cups until the next month.
For example, the Griffin Bane series will be released somewhere in July. All cards from this series will not be allowed during the July R2P tournaments. They will become valid during the August R2P tournaments.

Ipwnfour
06-23-2014, 08:27 AM
What happens if you press 'ready' during a game?

For example:
My opponent in the Gold Cup preliminary finals challenged me in the practice lobby and we played our 2nd game. He hadn't pressed 'ready' yet which I only noticed after I've won that game. After the game he quickly pressed 'ready' (as there was only a few minutes left on the timer) and challenged me again.

What if he was winning that second game and pressed 'ready' during the game? Would it have counted as a win for him?

jbS1ash
06-23-2014, 01:59 PM
That's my fault, sorry. When we're going to play second game, another player challenged me in practice lobby and i accept it, didn't realize that it was not you. Seems like this action resets my readiness and i need to push 'ready' button second time.

Ipwnfour
06-27-2014, 11:01 AM
That's my fault, sorry. When we're going to play second game, another player challenged me in practice lobby and i accept it, didn't realize that it was not you. Seems like this action resets my readiness and i need to push 'ready' button second time.

Don't worry, I didn't mean you. You forgot to press ready and after losing the game you forfeited the next one, which was apropriate and respectful to do.

One of my next opponents though deliberately did not press ready and challenged me in the practice lobby, pretending he's ready. His intentions were only faul and disrespectful.

Hejt.
07-18-2014, 05:31 PM
So do we have to start our matches tomorrow going Practice -> Standard, or Practice -> Road2Paris format?

twardy_
07-18-2014, 05:39 PM
New format: Road to Paris

Added a new 'Road to Paris' format to the 'Challenge a Friend' game mode. This format will be used during competitive Road to Paris matches.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/898224-Griffin-Bane-Expansion-Patchnotes?p=10086747&viewfull=1#post10086747

Kimundi
09-24-2014, 04:58 PM
IMPORTANT

The Road to Paris Live Finals was originally planned to happen in January at the Salon Gustave Eiffel. Due to circumstances out of our control, the date of the event had to be moved. As such, we are adding the following items to this FAQ.

We apologize for the disagreements that this new situation may bring. Thanks for your understanding.

Q. When will the Live Finals take place?
A. The Live Finals will take place in Paris on November 15th, 2014
At the Meltdown Esport bar
6 Passage Thiéré - 75011 PARIS (France)
From 10 am to 6 pm (approximately).

Q. Who will take part to the Live Finals?
A. The top 8 players on the Season Points leaderboard after the October Gold Cup will be invited to the Live Finals in Paris.

Q. What are the prizes for the World Championship?
A. The total cash prize for the event is 15 000 €.
This amount will be split as follows:

1st: 7500
2nd: 3000
3rd: 1500
4th: 1000
5th-8th: 500

Additionally, the sponsor covers the following costs:

A round-trip coach class air transportation (or ground transportation if the finalist lives within a 100 mile radius of Paris) will be provided to the finalists.
2 nights at a hotel in Paris
The prizes do not include any out of pocket expenses, extras, catering expenses, transportation costs to and from the airport and/or to and from the finalist’s home or hotel or all of the expenses which shall be exclusively borne by the winner.
Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary visas and appropriate travel documents prior to their departure.

Q. Why is October the last month to qualify for the Road to Paris?
A. For logistical reasons, the event had to be rescheduled to November 2014 instead of January 2015, as originally planned.
Because of this, another venue had to be selected quickly since the Eiffel Tower was no longer an option in the new timeframe.
The place chosen is the Meltdown Esport bar where we’ve already organized some Duel of Champions events before. This is a great place to hold the finals, which will be broadcasted in other Meltdown bars in Paris, London and Berlin simultaneously.

Q. What happens if I am a finalist and I can’t attend the Live Finals?
A. All finalists must physically attend the event in Paris on November 15th, 2014 to qualify for one of the cash prizes. If a player can’t attend, the next best players on the Season Points leaderboard (positions 9, 10, etc.) will be contacted to fill in instead.

Q. Who can attend the Live Finals?
A. Access to the event during the competitions will be on invitation only. Once the competition is over and the 2014 champion crowned, the venue will open its doors to the public for the night. Official hours will be confirmed soon.

Q. What will be the official format for the Live Finals?
A. The official Road to Paris format for the Live Finals will be the Standard format, which at the time of the event will include all cards from the Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares, Griffin Bane and Sins of Betrayal.
The tournament will be a single elimination in best of 3 rounds, with the final match in best of 5.

LQDBrunt
09-24-2014, 06:48 PM
WOW ! Those are really hefty rewards. I really couldn't pick a better time to stop playing DoC :(

Gl guys, now we will see who's best under this kinda pressure :)

Milky97
09-24-2014, 07:51 PM
The prices were actually announced already previously. I think the reason why they made it earlier is because they plan to shut down DoC in 2015.

Nillicomes
09-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Oh no! Those prizes! I should have qualified this year instead of last year :D

Well **** happens! Good luck to the players! Enjoy the experience. The game is not the best of the trip ^^

cucu99
09-24-2014, 09:59 PM
The prices were actually announced already previously. I think the reason why they made it earlier is because they plan to shut down DoC in 2015.

Yeah i thought about the same, but:

They just hired Trump to play and advartise doc for 1 year like a month ago. (I think they know this at least since 1 month)
why they should make this new economic desing if they shut down anyway?

I guess not this is the main reason but something like no money for r2p staff anymore maybe. dunno...

Anyway i think i need to be very unlucky to knocked out from this event, so i'm glad to meet with doc staff in live finally;)

jkk89
09-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Un-official info: There will be also 140 Xorm statues for the winner :D

Dont worry guys I will share them with You :)

Kimundi
09-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Un-official info: There will be also 140 Xorm statues for the winner :D

Dont worry guys I will share them with You :)

I may be able to give you one which is intact anyway, I owe you one ;)

I'm thrilled to be able to see you all in real life :) I need a pic with you guys :D

LQDBrunt
09-24-2014, 11:26 PM
It would be good if you could offer some sort of explanation as to why r2p is being rescheduled. People are getting restless and start wondering about the future of DoC.

hectoring
09-25-2014, 01:25 AM
+1. For example, the CP cutoff for the last Gold season is in 2 weeks time. What will the ladder be like after that??

GHESteven
09-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Players from all countries can enter the competition, with the exception of the People’s Republic of China.'
How about a555551a? He is ranked 5th now. Can he go to the final?

Kimundi
09-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Players from all countries can enter the competition, with the exception of the People’s Republic of China.'
How about a555551a? He is ranked 5th now. Can he go to the final?

Our rules are unclear on the subject, what we meant is that players playing on the Chinese version of MMDoC can't compete in R2P. If they play on our game, it's totally okay :)

xX-St0rmSt4r-Xx
09-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Sad (to not say disgusted) about the news on R2P, I'm currently 15th with 90 pts, I was planning to get a top 8 and a top 4 on sunday (+ 3 gold ofc) and that might have been ok, now I don't have any other choice except win the next gold cup if I want to be a part of that event which was my only goal from the moment I started doc, a year ago... I'll do my best you can count on me for that, but just wanted to say how I feel about that... Your news make a lot of us feel like you're going to end with DoC, eiffel tower, eiffel tower, I don't remember how many times I heard these two words from DoC since the start of the competition (it's even on the logo of the R2P). But now, it's the Meltdown, a small bar, where players won't be sure that they are currently spied or something, so that'll get on their nerves, and men, it's not as wonderful as it was on the eiffel tower... "Here we go, let's go to the final which the two great remaining players" "Oh wait, my beer !" Come on..

Natchai_Ubisoft
09-25-2014, 10:53 AM

We've been saying time and time again that the change to R2P has nothing to do with the actual game. Please leave these claims at the door next time.

Milky97
09-25-2014, 12:11 PM
We've been saying time and time again that the change to R2P has nothing to do with the actual game. Please leave these claims at the door next time.

You kidding me, don't you? You (ubi) gave absolutetly no reason for the change, nor did you really expain anything envolved, besides from some really vague statements.

chingon_one
09-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Hi there!

I am an avid fan of the game, I have played since 3rd expansion was released and I still have friends that play DoC. I have disagreed with changes in the past (R2P website and system) and have been happy about certain things as well (Infernal Pit, new interface or help new players to get in). The one thing I can honestly say I dislike is the forum breakdown for dealing with complaints, as far as Milky or xX-St0rmSt4r-Xx says it's not the best way to modify your MAIN EVENT. Changing dates, changing venue and no explanation? Itsn't a good way to go Natchai.

My 2 cents

hectoring
09-25-2014, 03:03 PM
+1.

Also, you say the change has nothing to do with the game, we can accept that - but at the moment ladder is focused on Champion Points for r2p. What happens after the next ladder reset?? Just endless games for some nebulous leaderboard position?

Natchai_Ubisoft
09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
You kidding me, don't you? You (ubi) gave absolutetly no reason for the change, nor did you really expain anything envolved, besides from some really vague statements.
We were not given the reasoning..Believe it or not, community managers are not privvy to all information ;)

Hi there!

I am an avid fan of the game, I have played since 3rd expansion was released and I still have friends that play DoC. I have disagreed with changes in the past (R2P website and system) and have been happy about certain things as well (Infernal Pit, new interface or help new players to get in). The one thing I can honestly say I dislike is the forum breakdown for dealing with complaints, as far as Milky or xX-St0rmSt4r-Xx says it's not the best way to modify your MAIN EVENT. Changing dates, changing venue and no explanation? Itsn't a good way to go Natchai.

My 2 cents
Again, we haven't been given the reasoning behind the change, but we (cm's) have to trust on the fact that there was no other alternative. We're quite aware how bad this seems and it would've been avoided at all costs if possible

+1.

Also, you say the change has nothing to do with the game, we can accept that - but at the moment ladder is focused on Champion Points for r2p. What happens after the next ladder reset?? Just endless games for some nebulous leaderboard position?
I don't know hectoring. I'm hoping community tournaments will still happen, perhaps a next edition of road 2 paris, but it's all speculation. Right now our focus is on Sins of Betrayal and everything that entails that, because there's not a lot we as cm's can do in regards to events like R2P

Milky97
09-27-2014, 12:18 PM
We were not given the reasoning..Believe it or not, community managers are not privvy to all information ;)

I never blamed CMs for it. I even said "you (ubi)" which should mean that i didnt want to adress you personally, but ubi or whoever is responsible.