PDA

View Full Version : FPS Display or In-Game Benchmark?

MIGHTY778629
05-25-2014, 10:02 PM
I was wondering if there's any console mode to enable an FPS counter. I don't want to use FRAPS, Raptr doesn't detect the game yet, and sadly NVIDIA hasn't added an FPS counter to ShadowPlay (yet?).

If not, or even if so, I would really love an in-game benchmark! I am reviewing the game (thus why I have an early copy) and either of those things within the next day would be ideal. The in-game benchmark would also mean we can easily add the game to our future hardware benches, which is preferable than having altered variables through actual gameplay.

Thanks.

YazX_
05-25-2014, 10:18 PM
no there isnt, however, you can use MSI Afterburn or EVGA Precision X where both have RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) which will detect any game you add to it and display an overlay.

MIGHTY778629
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM
no there isnt, however, you can use MSI Afterburn or EVGA Precision X where both have RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) which will detect any game you add to it and display an overlay.

Alright, thanks. I knew about MSI Afterburner, but didn't really want to install yet another program to run in the background. But if you say games can be manually added without an issue, then guess that's my only option so I'll give it a go.

Thank you :)

PS. An in-game benchmark would still be awesome!

YazX_
05-25-2014, 10:48 PM
np :), as a tip i always have MSI AfterBurn running as its always good to monitor FPS, frequency and temps of your video cards, either ways, it a very light weight program and its a great monitoring tool inside and outside games.

William.jpg
05-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Question: Why don't you want to use FRAPS? When it's not recording, it doesn't have an effect on performance.

EVGA Precision X probably won't work for Watch Dogs because it comes with the statistics program version that does not support 64bit applications.
I use Precision X to overclock so I didn't want to switch over to Afterburner.
Afterburner does come with more stats (CPU clocks, system RAM usage, etc) while EVGA only allows for GPU data.

If you want to have EVGA Precision X and the stats for Watch_Dogs do this:
Install MSI Afterburner (both the program and the RTSS stats program)
Install EVGA Precision X DO NOT INSTALL THE RTSS stats program included in this program
Uninstall MSI Afterburner (the RTSS program is separate).

Good luck!

YazX_
05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Question: Why don't you want to use FRAPS? When it's not recording, it doesn't have an effect on performance.

EVGA Precision X probably won't work for Watch Dogs because it comes with the statistics program version that does not support 64bit applications.
I use Precision X to overclock so I didn't want to switch over to Afterburner.
Afterburner does come with more stats (CPU clocks, system RAM usage, etc) while EVGA only allows for GPU data.

If you want to have EVGA Precision X and the stats for Watch_Dogs do this:
Install MSI Afterburner (both the program and the RTSS stats program)
Install EVGA Precision X DO NOT INSTALL THE RTSS stats program included in this program
Uninstall MSI Afterburner (the RTSS program is separate).

Good luck!

i dont like fraps same as OP, so people are looking for other alternatives, and since it only shows FPS then its useless for me anyways.

yes you are right about EVGA Precision X, i missed that point, but second point is invalid, so even if you took RTSS from MSI Afterburn, it will not show any OSD for x64 bit processes as its exclusive ONLY to MSI AfterBurn, but it will work with EVGA precision X or compatible software for 32-bit processes.

Saltania
05-26-2014, 09:41 AM
RTSS supports 64-bit applications since version 6.0.0. You will get it if you download the MSI AfterBurner beta version. I use HWiNFO with RTSS for hardware monitoring in games.

MIGHTY778629
05-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I installed MSI and ran RTSS with fps and RAM usage displayed. Unfortunately the Uplay overlay doesn't seem to work when using it, which means no screenshots during that time, which kinda sucks.

YazX_
05-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I installed MSI and ran RTSS with fps and RAM usage displayed. Unfortunately the Uplay overlay doesn't seem to work when using it, which means no screenshots during that time, which kinda sucks.

strange its not working, but even if its working the screenshot will not record all monitoring data by RTSS, use Screenshot functionality in MSI AfterBurn and you wuill be fine.