PDA

View Full Version : Trials Track Editor Help!

RandoPrime
05-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm creating a track and using a OPE to lift the track and rider at the beginning of my track, but he keeps sinking into the track as it raises up. It doesn't effect the rider much but it just looks funny. Any tips?

IImayneII
05-25-2014, 01:08 PM
You should post these things in the "level editor" section.

Never use an OPE for objects on the driving line, and OPE is mostly for background animation, or when the rider can't ride on it while it moves. For moving things on the driving line use a phsyics joint, from what I read you have to set it on slider in properties (advanced properties: linear settings: turn on motor....to make it move up) and ofcource, turn on physics in the properties of the object that's supposed to move. If it acts weird, try turning on 'disable collision" in option for the physics joint

JolanXBL
05-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Well Sliders can only go in a straight line, so bassline is right on that one. However you can use OPE if you first link the platform to a Dummy Object using Point-to-Point, then you can OPE the Dummy Object anywhere :). And of course turn Physics ON for the platform

XxGATORMANIAxX
05-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Your sliders can move in 2 directions. Go into linear settings and have a curved data source control the cross movement. Attach the CDS to the linear direction the applies, both upper and lower limit. When you do it this way your linear motor will not try apply power to both directions.

mutetus
05-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Your sliders can move in 2 directions. Go into linear settings and have a curved data source control the cross movement. Attach the CDS to the linear direction the applies, both upper and lower limit. When you do it this way your linear motor will not try apply power to both directions.
Just be careful not to use too much of this technique in one track as it will cause lots of extra physics calculations for the joints. Especially when using the rider as the other target (which is not the case here, but still)

XxGATORMANIAxX
05-27-2014, 01:43 AM
Just be careful not to use too much of this technique in one track as it will cause lots of extra physics calculations for the joints. Especially when using the rider as the other target (which is not the case here, but still)

Cool I had no idea that that added alot of calculations.