PDA

View Full Version : Is watch dogs a controller game or a keyboard game

T0XICC00KIE
05-24-2014, 09:08 AM
I've pre-odrered watch dogs for PC and im not sure whether the buy a xbox 360 controller for it to play or whether or not the keyboard is better to play this game with.

RealHawxy
05-24-2014, 09:24 AM
You're gonna fail at multiplayer if you use a controller on PC. M+K is far more accurate.

D_cover
05-24-2014, 09:41 AM
The is controller and Keyboard mouse options in the menu so yes you should be able to use your 360 controller without any third party software.

D_cover
05-24-2014, 09:43 AM
You're gonna fail at multiplayer if you use a controller on PC. M+K is far more accurate.

Actually not really. The 1 v 1 hack game is all about getting the drop on your target. You really want to avoid combat when you are hacking someone and the one getting hacked is pretty much seeking the invader out. I think that controllers won't matter.

Besides if he wants to use a controller why not. It is all about preference.

Dellers
05-24-2014, 12:59 PM
There is the decryption mode though, where shooting plays a significant role. There mouse and keyboard will definitely be better.

KB + mouse is just as good as a controller in any game IME. I used to play Assassin's Creed with a 360 controller for a few years, but found out that it was bad for my hands and caused major pain. Tried without it, and it works completely fine.

William.jpg
05-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Is there the ability to actively switch between the two input methods? Like say you're driving around with the controller, jump out, and shoot things up with mouse and keyboard?

If so, why not use both? One for one set of functions and the other for another set.

Jefeon
05-24-2014, 07:49 PM

This! ... nothing follows your eyes better than a mouse, faster and way more accurate.

Rallywrx
05-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Is there the ability to actively switch between the two input methods? Like say you're driving around with the controller, jump out, and shoot things up with mouse and keyboard?

If so, why not use both? One for one set of functions and the other for another set.

Yes you can and I am one of those players who plays gta clones with a control in my lap. This game is no different and shooting is fine with the controller. The game also has 3 settings for aim assist, minimal, default, strong. When you switch control types via picking the controller out of your lap and press a key the prompts all change from kb/m to xbox.

William.jpg
05-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Yes you can and I am one of those players who plays gta clones with a control in my lap. This game is no different and shooting is fine with the controller. The game also has 3 settings for aim assist, minimal, default, strong. When you switch control types via picking the controller out of your lap and press a key the prompts all change from kb/m to xbox.

YAAAAAASSSS!!! Me excite go boom boom. lol