PDA

View Full Version : PC Download

steviebaby91
05-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi

So I'm wondering how big the download will be for the PC. The reason I ask is because i have a really bad download speed, and I have been told there will be no 'Pre-Load' options for the game before the release. Any help would be great!

Str1keralan
05-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi

So I'm wondering how big the download will be for the PC. The reason I ask is because i have a really bad download speed, and I have been told there will be no 'Pre-Load' options for the game before the release. Any help would be great!

Hi mate, welcome to the board, but I think this thread should actually be in the PC discussion, I have nae idea on how big the download is, but if your connection is as bad as you said it is, then your only recourse is to get the physical disk.

Dellers
05-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't know if the picture was real, but I did see a screenshot yesterday showing a Uplay download of the game that was a little over 14 GB. Sounds pretty realistic to me when the game is supposed to be about 25 GB installed.

Dreddpool82
05-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Gamne is 20+Gb on all platform and will need more for decompression.

steviebaby91
05-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah I realized after it posted I put it in the wrong forum somehow, so apologies for that. Thanks for all the feedback as well!

TJ_Wylde
05-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Hmm steam says you need 25GB HDD space. With AC4 having been 30GB i can see this being around the 25 mark.

Wh1t3_5t0rm
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Note that required disk space is usually bigger than the download size, due to compression methods with installers. Most of the time, the download size is around 2GB lower than the required space.

TJ_Wylde
05-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah i was just thinking of that responding to a similar thread. I think the initial compressed download is 25gb. Might blow up to even passing the 40+ GB after the full install. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens at least.

Wh1t3_5t0rm
05-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah i was just thinking of that responding to a similar thread. I think the initial compressed download is 25gb. Might blow up to even passing the 40+ GB after the full install. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens at least.

Like I said, it's LOWER than the required disk space. The required disk space refers to what the game itself will take up once installed, not what the size of the installer is.

TJ_Wylde
05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Like I said, it's LOWER than the required disk space. The required disk space refers to what the game itself will take up once installed, not what the size of the installer is.

Sorry mate. Been a long night/day for me i missed that part. Still think 25gb for this game given the size. futures. texture resolution, models. They gotta have some seriously good compression tech if they are going to fit that into only 25gb's.