PDA

View Full Version : A rambling from a disgruntled user, re: Steam price hike

Hoppeduppeanut
05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi there, I'm writing this today as a once avid and now disgruntled customer. I'm posting this here as I can find no other appropriate way to directly provide customer feedback, and posts on the Ubisoft Facebook page appear to be getting eaten up.

I stuck by you thick and thin through the always-online DRM and uPlay stuff that plagued your PC lineup for quite some time. I heartily recommended and performed a few livestreams for your games to a pretty close-knit set of friends, all of which followed through with my recommendations. However, the price hike that was just implemented on Watch Dogs for Steam, only for Australians, and just a mere week before its release is just completely ****ing unacceptable.

It's great to know that Ubisoft is just like all other publishers out there, so willing to shaft us Australians who already pay exorbitant prices for technology, even for digital goods (Because those bits and bytes cost so much more to transmit here, amirite?), and so willing to **** over those who haven't been able to get their hands on a copy until the last minute. When I first saw the game when it was shown off at E3 two years ago, I was among the many proclaiming it to be the best thing shown off that year. Now I'm not even going to come close to it, or any other Ubisoft game past, present and future for that matter, just out of principle, and I implore those reading this who were thinking about picking this up but haven't done so yet to do the same.

And no, I won't be bothering to check the replies from Ubisoft, because I know it will be the same ******** cookie-cutter response that 'We run on Euro prices, the price was "incorrect" but they only caught on just recently, etc'. Just know that you've lost a customer for life, and nothing will bring me, along with a fair swathe of other Australian consumers back. Nothing. Not even if you offer a discount, not even if you return the price to what it was before, not even if you offer a free copy.

I hope your game tanks.

Wh1t3_5t0rm
05-23-2014, 11:26 AM
You should calm down a bit. A crappy price-hike does not make a corporation worthless. Besides, there are multiple other video game digital distribution methods other than Steam available to Australian gamers and as someone who lived in Melbourne for 5 years, the prices for retail are terrible, but the digital distribution is quite nice in comparison. I personally got a great deal from Green Man Gaming (which coincidentally sent me a 25% off coupon for the game and its season pass which I used on the Deluxe and Season Pass and saved $20) and I suggest you check GMG out, since it has the best price. I also recommend that next time, instead of a huge rant on the forums and a boycott of the whole company altogether due to a price-hike of a single game on only a single store, you research which stores sell the game and at what prices and buy that from them.

Here's a link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/watch-dogs/

fishers1989
05-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Steam controls the price on their own platform, Ubisoft just sets a recommended price.

GuZZ33
05-23-2014, 02:27 PM
It's understandable i hope you can find a fair priced version?, i know in the Uk the retail prices for pc games has increased, although i don't buy a lot of games simply because there are not that many pc games i like so i have saved a bit of money for the standard pc version, it might be wise to wait it out and let us early birds see if there needs to be fixes?.