PDA

View Full Version : Why is my HTC One X+ not combatible with Frontier?

Jongie
05-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Makes me sad...

Are there any plans to support this device in the future?

nitro7e
05-23-2014, 03:28 AM
My Xperia GO is not compatible too :(

JoeRegular
05-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah sorry OP for the intrusion but it seemed superfluous to make a new thread.

My Sony Xperia Arc S LT18i Android version 4.0.3 is incompatible too :(

nitro7e
05-24-2014, 06:38 AM
My android version is 4.1.2 Jelly bean in the GO, i don't know why it's incompatible

KungfuSandwich
05-26-2014, 02:26 AM
I've noticed many newer games/apps only support android 4.2 and up.

Jongie
05-26-2014, 09:12 AM
My OneX+ runs on 4.2.2. Should work.

Jongie
05-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Wow. That's what i'm calling support... :(

KungfuSandwich
05-27-2014, 03:24 AM
It may just not have the specs to handle it smoothly.

Jongie
05-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Maybe, but i think my device is powerfull enough to handle it with a 1,7 GHz Quad-Core. Anyway, some information or a combatibilitylist should be possible.

geordiedeviant
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I was gonna start a thread but I'll piggy back in here.

I was under the assumption Frontier was not compatible with my aged Samsung S I-9000. Certainly that is what is says in the Play store so doesn't even allow and install.
Much to my surprise I looked Frontier up on the Amazon store and it allowed me to install AND play it fine. Admittedly there are some loading time issues and I've had the occasional slow down, but if you can deal with that then it might be worth checking that store.

My android is only running some dodgy old 2.3 or something completely out of date.

I tried it again on my Ipod touch 3rd gen and that is strictly saying that it requires a front facing camera to run. (meaning I presume a later version of iOS.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Give it a go and report back if you can just in case I've fluked it somehow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubisoft-Trials-Frontier/dp/B00IYKNR9E/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1401624764&sr=1-1&keywords=trials+frontier

NOTE - I 'purchased' it online then sync the android Amazon app cloud, frontier then appears and you have the opportunity to install.

JoeRegular
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Geordie you're a diamond mate!!

Followed the link you provided, dl'd the Amazon Store app and dl'd Frontier simple as that. Have played the 1st couple stages just to test and other than being a lil slow on my phone it's all working so far :)

This topic has been open for about 2 weeks now and there's been not 1 bit of support from RL or Ubi in sight. It really wouldn't have been hard or time consuming for somebody to have came in here and explained what the issue was. Even a "You're old *** phone can't run it" would have sufficed ffs.

Jongie
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Geordie you're a diamond mate!!

Followed the link you provided, dl'd the Amazon Store app and dl'd Frontier simple as that. Have played the 1st couple stages just to test and other than being a lil slow on my phone it's all working so far :)

This topic has been open for about 2 weeks now and there's been not 1 bit of support from RL or Ubi in sight. It really wouldn't have been hard or time consuming for somebody to have came in here and explained what the issue was. Even a "You're old *** phone can't run it" would have sufficed ffs.

Downloaded Frontier from the Amazon Store too. Works fine, few slowdowns here and there, but playable. Many thanks to Geordie! :)

geordiedeviant
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Great stuff. I really don't know if this is just a screw up on Amazon's part and will be fixed, but spread the message if you got any mates that might want on it. (Considering you have both shown it works)

Dercy1956
09-16-2016, 02:56 AM
My HTC One X is compatible with it and i have no problems.

http://www.china-prices.com/phone/1355/htc-one-x