PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs on Next-Gen Equal to PC on "High" Settings, Says Director

DagJacob
05-22-2014, 10:06 AM
"Watch Dogs on the PS4 and Xbox One should look as good as the second highest PC setting."

So there you go, High Settings for consoles, Ultra Settings for PC.
Do you think the difference between High and Ultra is great?
I think both will look great, of course.

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134707-Watch-Dogs-on-Next-Gen-Equal-to-PC-on-High-Settings-Says-Director

pacmanate
05-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Interesting. I think for PC the rain effects, HBAO and other PC only stuff will make it look way better, not necessarily the textures.

Dreddpool82
05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Isn't there 5 settings of Low/Medium/high /Very high/ultra, which would mean that consoles are Very high setting for PS4/X1 and maybe High for PS3/360.

pacmanate
05-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Isn't there 5 settings of Low/Medium/high /Very high/ultra, which would mean that consoles are Very high setting for PS4/X1 and maybe High for PS3/360.

Defo not high on last gen. Search youtube for watch dogs walkthrough 360, some guy has the retail copy and is playing SP and its sooo bad.

Dreddpool82
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Defo not high on last gen. Search youtube for watch dogs walkthrough 360, some guy has the retail copy and is playing SP and its sooo bad.

If thats the TCCP guy he has a BETA copy as confirmed by UBISOFT, they also confirmed that it was downgraded for the beta.

JkBax
05-22-2014, 12:58 PM
If thats the TCCP guy he has a BETA copy as confirmed by UBISOFT, they also confirmed that it was downgraded for the beta.

It's not (BETA). It is a torrented copy of the game.

xMiiSTY
05-22-2014, 04:47 PM
How about we wait until the game comes out to judge for ourselves...? ;)

Atomicdawg187
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Interesting. I think for PC the rain effects, HBAO and other PC only stuff will make it look way better, not necessarily the textures.

PC gamers with more powerful setups will be able to achieve the best looking version of the game by cranking the settings even higher.(ultra setting). But if they got an average gaming PC it's not gonna be all that great looking as they rave on about imo It's gotta be an awesome Gaming PC really powerful or IMO some PC'ers will be looking at something in the same realm as PS4 ;).

playlisting
05-22-2014, 10:16 PM
PC gamers with more powerful setups will be able to achieve the best looking version of the game by cranking the settings even higher.(ultra setting). But if they got an average gaming PC it's not gonna be all that great looking as they rave on about imo It's gotta be an awesome Gaming PC really powerful or IMO some PC'ers will be looking at something in the same realm as PS4 ;).

I reckon the PC will be better in regards to FPS. People with more powerful PCs will be able to hold 60 FPS solid when the consoles have slowed down to 40 when there's a lot happening on screen. Plus M&KB for aiming/movement :)

AherasSTRG
05-22-2014, 10:47 PM
I reckon the PC will be better in regards to FPS. People with more powerful PCs will be able to hold 60 FPS solid when the consoles have slowed down to 40 when there's a lot happening on screen.
Consoles are locked to 30 fps and 900p / 768p resolution. And as far as Ubisoft is concerned, most of their games have Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High.