PDA

View Full Version : how to drive through glass?

heartxofxaxlion
05-22-2014, 01:43 AM
hey, I used breakable glass, i want my bike to drive through, i used an areatrigger with breakable effect. it breaks but my bike (mostly) gets stuck behind a piece of glass... so I don't just drive through it smoothly.. ? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

mrjorts
05-22-2014, 03:27 AM
You could make the physics type contact response so that the hit trigger will still work, but there won't actually be collision on the pieces of glass.

Smilies2019
05-22-2014, 05:24 AM
glass always shatters in to many pieces, same as in game.
So if u break the glass, u 95% get stuck on 1 or more pieces of glass, unless u put it outside the driveline.
If u dont want to break the glass and stil ride trough it, set the settings in glass to: Decoration only ( the glass wont break but you can ride trough it.
What u also can do (if u want glass to break when ride trough it: lower the weight of the glass in the glass object options. so your rider can push the glass away easier.
But there is always a chance that your rider/bike gets stuck by a piece of glass.

dasraizer
05-22-2014, 02:02 PM
yeah use a combination of the above, set the glass to decoration (or no contact) under advance physics options and uncheck physics enabled, use the area trigger to break even and physics 'on' event pointing to the glass.

IImayneII
05-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Break the glass while in the air after a jump or something so you don't have the problem of the broken pieces on the dl

heartxofxaxlion
05-22-2014, 05:16 PM
yeah use a combination of the above, set the glass to decoration (or no contact) under advance physics options and uncheck physics enabled, use the area trigger to break even and physics 'on' event pointing to the glass.

Aha!! Thanks, that makes sense. Gonna try that tonight. I knew there was a way! :D

IImayneII
05-22-2014, 08:14 PM

It's not possible to break an object if the physics is set to decoration, or any other than default.

BMXBandit777
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
If you have to have physics on the glass for it to break could you ope an area effecter to the rider and set to turn on when the glass is broken for a second and only affect the glass so it pushes it away from the rider to avoid it getting stuck in places it shouldn't :D

IImayneII
05-22-2014, 09:37 PM
If you have to have physics on the glass for it to break could you ope an area effecter to the rider and set to turn on when the glass is broken for a second and only affect the glass so it pushes it away from the rider to avoid it getting stuck in places it shouldn't :D

Broken pieces glas don't get affected by an area effector :D

BMXBandit777
05-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah just been playing about with it, that sucks!

SparkierJoNESZ
05-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Broken pieces glas don't get affected by an area effector :D

isn't broken glass counted as particles or something weird
i remember someone doing it in evo