PDA

View Full Version : watch dogs one save slot it seems

kostasarta
05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
so it seems one save slot and thats very dissapoing.why ubi why?just make it like ac series

YazX_
05-21-2014, 12:03 PM
source of info?

kostasarta
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Peter5/20/2014 3:19:49 PM
Unfortunately If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website. please note we are not able confirm if the issue will be solve, as I said game have only one slots for your saves this is developers decision and we cannot confirmed if this will be changed.
This is words from uplay support

xMiiSTY
05-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I don't think any official word has been stated on this yet. If a Ubisoft support agent has stated this, then it might be true. But I would wait for an official word from Watch_Dogs directly.

dragoy
05-21-2014, 07:15 PM
I don't think any official word has been stated on this yet. If a Ubisoft support agent has stated this, then it might be true. But I would wait for an official word from Watch_Dogs directly.

I have to question how support would answer this, no one outside of a closed beta has had access to this game beyond reporters having a few hours on it, with both cases they wouldnt contact support but the devs.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I have to question how support would answer this, no one outside of a closed beta has had access to this game beyond reporters having a few hours on it, with both cases they wouldnt contact support but the devs.
Support are privy to all sorts of information, since they are Ubisoft Staff - and need access to information before release and they work closely with the dev team on certain aspects.

I'm not saying the above is correct, since I personally unaware - however - I am explaining that support can sometimes know things, before release [as one would expect] ;)

dragoy
05-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Support are privy to all sorts of information, since they are Ubisoft Staff - and need access to information before release and they work closely with the dev team on certain aspects.

I'm not saying the above is correct, since I personally an unaware - however - I am explaining that support can sometimes know things, before release [as one would expect] ;)

No im not saying support wouldnt know, but im saying if you are in a closed beta which is probably F&F at a push that they wouldnt open a ticket to support or a live chat to support. they would go through the official closed beta forums via bug reports and general consultation feedback.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 07:33 PM
No im not saying support wouldnt know, but im saying if you are in a closed beta which is probably F&F at a push that they wouldnt open a ticket to support or a live chat to support. they would go through the official closed beta forums via bug reports and general consultation feedback.

I'm sorry but you lost me..

What would that have to do with the topic and the reply from support?

dragoy
05-21-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry but you lost me..

What would that have to do with the topic and the reply from support?

Well first is about how they got information that is apparently under nda explaining what and how we save, Second how they got the report that someone within the beta sent to support, and third that there are designated channels for feedback, bug reports and discussion of the game within set parameters that is directly under nda rules.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Well first is about how they got information that is apparently under nda explaining what and how we save, Second how they got the report that someone within the beta sent to support, and third that there are designated channels for feedback, bug reports and discussion of the game within set parameters that is directly under nda rules.

The guy in the first post - contacted support.. asking about how many save slots there are.. and posted the reply from ubisoft support..

So I think you are confused - about NDA's and contacting Ubisoft support..

First - support would know information about the game - and - would be able to share certain things before release - when asked by a customer [nothing at all to do with the 'beta' ?]

Second - what report? - the user asked support a direct question about how many save spots there are in the game.. again - nothing to do with any beta?

Third - I suspect if there is an NDA, with support, it would not cover any of this, since it's a question about save support.. answered by official Ubisoft Staff - so they would be well aware of anything like that..

I think you are looking too deeply into a simple support question and making more of it than there is..user asked a question [a valid one] and support answered?

The user is not in any beta - if there is one - since they would be able to look?

kostasarta
05-21-2014, 08:07 PM
after many messages with the agent only that he tell me
Peter5/21/2014 8:26:26 AM
Unfortunately in this case I cannot confirm this information for you. As I said If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website.
Then this
Peter5/21/2014 10:27:52 AM
Unfortunately we are not able change developer's decision. In this case game was designed with one save slots. Unfortunately we are not able help you with your query.
And last this
Peter5/21/2014 10:42:06 AM
Your feedback has been logged, unfortunately I would be unable to confirm if this will or will not change in future.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

dragoy
05-21-2014, 08:15 PM
The guy in the first post - contacted support.. asking about how many save slots there are.. and posted the reply from ubisoft support..

So I think you are confused - about NDA's and contacting Ubisoft support..

Support would only answer questions they can - and save slot information - would not be under NDA..

I think you are confusing yourself.. and others.

Im not confusing anything, fishing expeditions to support rely totally on who on the other end of the line is replying to you, the part they quoted doesn't state what they asked, for which game they asked. And when an NDA is inforce then nothing is gospel unless stated specifically by ubisoft developers because nothing is final until release, which is one of the many reasons an nda exists in the first place, so people do not get the wrong information and expect things within game then complain when things are changed.

And how systems within the game work like saves and how they work on all platforms will be under nda as those systems could change on release day. But feel free to go get an official source of this information and everyone will be happy.

And just an example of a ubisoft nda

"Confidential Information" as used in this Agreement shall mean any and all technical and non-technical information disclosed by UBISOFT to the Receiving Party prior, during or after the Receiving Party’s access to the Closed Beta and Party’s enrolment or access to the Closed Forum, regardless of form, whether proprietary or licensed to UBISOFT, and shall include, without limitation, (i) the Online Community, the Closed Beta, the Closed Forum, the Games and any and all content thereof, (ii) any components or content accessed remotely by the Receiving Party via electronic communications or otherwise remitted by UBISOFT to the Receiving Party in connection with the Purpose, and (iii) discoveries, ideas, concepts, trade secrets, drawings, works of authorship, inventions, know-how, technologies, tools, analysis, process data, schematics, methods, design, software programs, source code, object code and related documents that UBISOFT may disclose or which the Receiving Party may access in connection with the Purpose or as a result of the Receiving Party’s participation to the Closed Beta and Closed Forum.

Source - http://redlynx.com/evo-gold-beta/nda.html

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 08:31 PM
I am well aware of what an NDA entails, since all staff have signed them.

Support staff would be well aware of what information they can share, which would be covered by our normal NDA (pre launch)

If you don't want to believe what has been posted, by all means, however the user could be telling the truth about what support has said.. so it has nothing to do with betas - which is my point and you maybe confused.

That information given 'may' change by release, which can happen due to updates etc - hence why we say to double check, however its not due to any NDA beta test (if there is one) so your comments could confuse matters.

I guess it's time to disagree - however I'm sure this has nothing to do with any 'beta' concerns you have - support can answer direct questions about any game, if they have the information to hand (which would be pre vetted)

dragoy
05-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Mr Shade im not trying to sound like im arguing with you, in all seriousness i know where you are coming from, I myself used to be a GM for Blizzard but alas due to an accident in my life i can no longer do it so i also am well aware of how NDA's work and also how SLA's work. Which is why i suggested to you to actually find an official source on this matter as my point is we do not know this is legit information or if in fact the support staff in question has any information pertaining to watchdogs or if they even exist.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Mr Shade im not trying to sound like im arguing with you, in all seriousness i know where you are coming from, I myself used to be a GM for Blizzard but alas due to an accident in my life i can no longer do it so i also am well aware of how NDA's work and also how SLA's work. Which is why i suggested to you to actually find an official source on this matter as my point is we do not know this is legit information or if in fact the support staff in question has any information pertaining to watchdogs or if they even exist.

No one has said it's 100% correct.

And yes - there is a Peter in support.

I stepped in when you brought up no one would know for a fact, which Support may and pointed out why - they are an 'official' source, though forum staff can't check every support answer personally.

If this information is upsetting for you, I'm sure xMiiSTY will check on it.

dragoy
05-21-2014, 09:01 PM
No one has said it's 100% correct.

And yes - there is a Peter in support.

I stepped in when you brought up no one would know for a fact, which Support may and pointed out why - they are an 'official' source, though forum staff can't check every support answer personally.

If this information is upsetting for you, I'm sure xMiiSTY will check on it.

Well the only reason it upsets me is because if it is proven not true at release then the damage will have been done right here and right now, and quite frankly i have had enough of the blatant attacks on ubisoft and other company's games that have never recovered from falsified facts that were spread around the gaming community. And if misty would be so kind as to find out if this is indeed supported by released facts that would be great.

I hope you understand where i am coming from for taking stands like these when it comes to information that cannot be confirmed nor denied nor has an official source that can be freely read by one and all and endorsed by ubisoft developers.

Edit, i also wouldnt be shocked if there were a Simon, andrew, james, john, philip and thomas but i doubt there will be a judas :cool:

EverAmbiguous
05-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Okay, I have to say, nice edit. Clever.

Um...on topic, that's a bit of a bummer. Just a bit of one--but I would still prefer to have a save where all the story was done, and I could roam around with everything unlocked, and then have another slot for when I want to start again and experience the story again.

Wh1t3_5t0rm
05-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Personally, I don't really care about save slots. Most games I played I only had one and that works fine for me. It would be better if they changed it, but I still don't really care.

ctguy19552
08-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Can you please tell me where I can access the cloud or how to manipulate the files on my PC to allow me to
actually play WD ? It says Im 22% along in the game, bur every time I start the game, its always just the
intro scene of the beginning and it never saves. I need to delete the new saves and get the one
from Aug 24th to be able to start from where I left off. I dont see where I can actually contact the
support as its just questions that dont answer my problem.

Thank You for your help with this.