PDA

View Full Version : Error (CE-34878-) Cannot Play the Game - Keeps Crashing (PS4)

GasClown
05-19-2014, 03:21 PM
I've been playing Fusion for well over a day (in hours) now and all of a sudden I'm unable to play the game any longer as it will not allow me to. Unable to play the single player, unable to load up the editor - nothing. It's definitely a corrupt save as I started fresh and the game worked again fine but I had to start all over again. This is where I'm really annoyed though, I nearly had my first track finished, I'd spent probably close to 20 hours on the thing and I cannot recover it. Have to start that from scratch again. I've decided that the game with all its problems is utter paska (look that up in the Finnish dictionary). Sorry, I'm probably a little ripe with frustration and should have cooled down a little before posting in here but compared to Evo this game belongs in the rubbish bin.

RetiredRonin
05-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Seems to be a known issue with PS4 (http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-problems-error-code-ce-34878-0-causing-players-lose-progress-sony-responds-1547130), and Sony are reportedly looking into it.

GasClown
05-20-2014, 04:07 AM
Apologies for posting that, was uncharacteristic of me, I'll admit. Written late at night and didn't have time to dig into the problem deeper. Had to vent my frustration (I hope you can understand)... just directed at the wrong people. Will message this to Sony as it is their problem not RL's.

RetiredRonin
05-20-2014, 01:29 PM
It's all good, GasClown. When I am playing a game and then the console crashes I typically blame the game as well.

ZanyWabbit
05-24-2014, 12:01 AM
I just had this error code on my PS4.. then I wiped my dirty finger prints of the disc and voila!! all good

GasClown
05-24-2014, 04:43 AM
I just had this error code on my PS4.. then I wiped my dirty finger prints of the disc and voila!! all good

Be careful - mine was doing it every so often and then got to the point I couldn't play the game anymore (it was a digital copy though). Just back up that save somewhere, I'm manually doing it to the cloud (every so often) now so hopefully I have something to revert to if it happens again. As outlined above by Shifty - it's a PS4 problem and it's known to corrupt your save data (which is exactly what happened to me).