PDA

View Full Version : Removing bike

JunkyardCorgi
05-18-2014, 03:52 PM
How do I remove the bike from the rider but still keep the bikes physics? eg: doing monos or jumps

Patabarnack
05-18-2014, 04:09 PM
mark the bike as "invisible"

JunkyardCorgi
05-18-2014, 11:55 PM
I have done that but the item still doesn't follow the bike physics when the rider leans. I use the OPE with the world co-ordinates of the bike to replace the bike. What am I doing wrong?

Patabarnack
05-19-2014, 07:00 AM
did you glue your "part" to the frame, wheel etc... ?

if they ae not attach to something they will just follow the world co-ordinates, nothing tell them to "moove" like the bike.
forget the coordinate, glue them to the bike.

like on TC top rated of the week fmx, Johnson track.

the phallus is attach to the bike and the testicle are attach to the phallus (free floating"... they have no world co-ordinates involved.

ps: is the far i can go.. i have a french editor and its hard for me to traduce... hope that someone else can help you more precisely . :)

JunkyardCorgi
05-19-2014, 09:30 AM
As far as I can tell you can't glue things to the bike.If I use the glue object it won't glue to the bike.

SparkierJoNESZ
05-19-2014, 10:03 AM
you need to use a physics joint point to point

JunkyardCorgi
05-19-2014, 03:55 PM

How I can't get it to work. I know I sound stupid but I have been trying for hours

Fernanjoe1
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM

How I can't get it to work. I know I sound stupid but I have been trying for hours

Using the point to point physics joint - select the joint and prees up on the d-pad to get to its options. select object one as the bike and object two as whatever it is that you want to replace the bike. Make sure that collisions are disabled. Then you can re-position your object over the bike. You may have to play around with physics types for your object if your rider will be clipping the object. You can turn the bike invisible by selecting it, bring up the details with up on the d-pad and unchecking the box.

Redlynx did some very helpful tutorial videos on youtube for evolution which still apply to Fusion and which may have some information you can use. The best way to learn the editor though is trial and error. Good luck.

JunkyardCorgi
06-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks to everyone's suggestions I have now got this working.