PDA

View Full Version : Ubi lists their five major releases for FY 15, no mention of Comet

Sushiglutton
05-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Yves has spoken (about FY 15): "The year's performance will be led by five games - Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Just Dance, The Crew and Watch Dogs,"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/463859/far-cry-4-set-for-november-18-release/

So does this mean Comet won't happen? Hard to imagine an AC game not being one of the major titles.

Shahkulu101
05-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Hopefully.

However, would Ubisoft really risk losing out on last-gen players' cash? I don't think so, they were probably just keeping it under wraps. Also, remember a statement from another exec stating that Ubi would never abandon their last-gen players? So I still believe we're getting two games this year - to my dismay.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:18 PM
If Comet turns out to be a game in Ancient Rome I'm all for it. If it's that Shay thing with New York... Well basically I'd hope that instead of it being Assassin's Creed: Comet, I hope it starts a Templar series that's basically linear Assassin's Creed.

Seriously, if Assassin's Creed was a linear game they would be able to take better advantage of historical events as well as historical buildings.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Hopefully.

However, would Ubisoft really risk losing out on last-gen players' cash? I don't think so, they were probably just keeping it under wraps. Also, remember a statement from another exec stating that Ubi would never abandon their last-gen players? So I still believe we're getting two games this year - to my dismay.

Yeah those are good points, maybe it will happen after all then lol.

Shahkulu101
05-15-2014, 08:20 PM
If Comet turns out to be a game in Ancient Rome I'm all for it. If it's that Shay thing with New York... Well basically I'd hope that instead of it being Assassin's Creed: Comet, I hope it starts a Templar series that's basically linear Assassin's Creed.

Seriously, if Assassin's Creed was a linear game they would be able to take better advantage of historical events as well as historical buildings.

I think Sushi made a thread once about a linear AC and said something similar.

VoXngola
05-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Hopefully.

Took all the words out of my mouth.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:22 PM
just alternate linear and open-world games. would still have an "Assassin's Creed" game each year but there would be major differences between them each year which would be great.

GunnerGalactico
05-15-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm really hoping that they atleast mention something about AC Comet at E3... the suspense is getting to me :(

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Hopefully.

Very true.

I'm really hoping that they atleast mention something about AC Comet at E3... the suspense is getting to me :(

Or maybe it's just too early to announce anything yet..

ze_topazio
05-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Maybe it really was just a rumour...

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:41 PM
I have to admit, you would think that Comet would be more likely to be a leader in Ubi's lineup than The Crew. I would say Just Dance as well, but I'm pretty sure that's actually a top seller.

JustPlainQuirky
05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
N...No comet...? B-but Haytham QnQ

ze_topazio
05-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Worry not mates.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/assassins-creed-games-coming-to-ps3-xbox-360-for-foreseeable-future

Will_Lucky
05-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Comet might not be considered a Major release, just a simple annual release with very little work done in the case of a theoretical AC3 Pre-Sequal that certainly makes sense given just the pure amount of resources that could be reused from AC3 and 4.

dxsxhxcx
05-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Comet might not be considered a Major release, just a simple annual release with very little work done in the case of a theoretical AC3 Pre-Sequal that certainly makes sense given just the pure amount of resources that could be reused from AC3 and 4.

by "simple annual release" I hope you are comparing Comet with AC3: Liberation and Freedom Cry and not ACB, ACR, AC3 and AC4

LoyalACFan
05-16-2014, 01:09 AM
I don't see how this confirms anything one way or another. It might not be considered a "major" release. It was pretty clear what was happening if the rumours were true; Unity was getting all the love and ambition, while Comet was basically just a cash grab.

In any case, I hope Ubisoft came to their senses and decided to ditch the "AC's on last gen for the next several years" plan. If Comet really was about the time of Caesar (that was the most likely theory IMO) I'd love to see that game see the light of day on next-gen. But I'll be FURIOUS if they decided to keep the cross-gen plan and simply downgraded Unity to make it viable as a last-gen game.

LoyalACFan
05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Well, hell, forget all of that, let's all just take a closer look at the FRONT FREAKING PAGE of the forums, shall we? :nonchalance:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/74468/ubisoft-confirms-two-assassins-creed-games-coming-this-year

Comet IS coming this year.

Megas_Doux
05-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Well, hell, forget all of that, let's all just take a closer look at the FRONT FREAKING PAGE of the forums, shall we? :nonchalance:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/74468/ubisoft-confirms-two-assassins-creed-games-coming-this-year

What?????

Same old Edward Isn't it?

Wolfmeister1010
05-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Damn I am disappointed that Far Cry 4 is cross gen..

LoyalACFan
05-16-2014, 02:24 AM
What?????

Same old Edward Isn't it?

??? Edward? What are you talking about?

Megas_Doux
05-16-2014, 02:28 AM
??? Edward? What are you talking about?

I am talking about these Forums, what frontpage are you talking about ? :P

Wolfmeister1010
05-16-2014, 02:34 AM
What is life

LoyalACFan
05-16-2014, 02:45 AM
I am talking about these Forums, what frontpage are you talking about ? :P

http://media.giphy.com/media/5aLrlDiJPMPFS/giphy.gif

Megas_Doux
05-16-2014, 02:49 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/5aLrlDiJPMPFS/giphy.gif

Do you mean the Gametrailers forums?

Still I, what is all the fuzz about ? :P

Jexx21
05-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Megas Doux was confused, he thought you were talking about the front page background and not the topics that are on the forum.

LoyalACFan
05-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Do you mean the Gametrailers forums?

Still I, what is all the fuzz about ? :P

There was a thread on the front page of our forums that had the link I put in my post, confirming that a last-gen AC is in development, while we were carrying on this thread like it had been cancelled.

Ureh
05-16-2014, 04:04 AM

What happened to the link? When I click on it, it doesn't show anything related to AC. :P

STDlyMcStudpants
05-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Yves has spoken (about FY 15): "The year's performance will be led by five games - Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Just Dance, The Crew and Watch Dogs,"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/463859/far-cry-4-set-for-november-18-release/

So does this mean Comet won't happen? Hard to imagine an AC game not being one of the major titles.

It just means they dont expect it to do better than the 5 listed... aka its going to be ACB without ezio carrying it...

Jexx21
05-16-2014, 04:25 AM
you mean ACR

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 11:21 AM

Oki-doki that settles things :). It's still a bit strange to me. The last-gen only installbase is huge so I think Comet could do quite well sales wise. I also think there's a good chance it will be more enjoyable than Unity, just as Brotherhood/AC4 were more enjoyable than AC3 imo. Weird if they would kind of send it out to die.

frodrigues55
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
What happened to the link? When I click on it, it doesn't show anything related to AC. :P

Funny, the article opens for a few seconds and then vanishes. I managed to read it when it was online though, it just say the conference call mentioned that AC will be coming for old gen systems "in the foreseable future". As far as I could understand, Gametrailer took this as a confirmation of Comet.

Dev_Anj
05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
So if Comet isn't a "major" game, I guess it will be something like a mini episode. Maybe similar to Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes?

Shahkulu101
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
So if Comet isn't a "major" game, I guess it will be something like a mini episode. Maybe similar to Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes?

Well I certainly hope we can't finish it in 10 minutes... :rolleyes:

I see what you mean though, a cut-price game (maybe around £25/$30) with less content than regular titles - maybe a 5 or 6 hour story, smaller maps and stuff. I could see that happening.

ze_topazio
05-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I sure hope is not digital only, because my hard drive is already way too full of things I don't want to delete.

Will_Lucky
05-16-2014, 04:18 PM
you mean ACR

I'd be up for that again, most refined experience of the generation.

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 04:56 PM
It could also be that Yves didn't want to reveal Comet, but then he felt like he had to answer the investors.

Anyway I think a mod could LOCK THIS THREAD :)

oliacr
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I'd be up for that again, most refined experience of the generation.
nuff said.

RinoTheBouncer
05-18-2014, 08:47 AM
I hope Comet will happen and I hope it turns out to be more experimental rather than another mainstream location/event. I think they didnít mention Comet either because itís not happening, because itís not yet announced, or because they donít wanna count 2 games of the same franchise.