PDA

View Full Version : starting tips/theme

heartxofxaxlion
05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
There's no vids of how to create from the start to finish?

I would like to build my theme first; then put my raceline... but that's not possible right?
How do you guys go to work when u create?

I'm on ps4, hEARtxOfxAxLiON
So far only 1 track on fusion: CUCkOO'S PAth

SparkierJoNESZ
05-15-2014, 01:16 PM
you can always move your race line later to the spot you want

best to place the line first though because if you alter the driveline later it will mess up the flow of the track

but basicly it doesn't matter how you work as long as you test enough and it doesn't lag its fine

Mentality15
05-15-2014, 07:25 PM
I think you should definitely have a theme in mind before starting. What i do is go through the objects and find things that would fit well with my theme and place them in the world as a way to save them for later. Then I would suggest placing your driveline in a location you want to build to figure out approximately how long you want it to be (ie, do you want 30 seconds or 2 minutes?) and if you want it to curve or not. Now you should know how much space you have. Then start building some of the larger structures even if they are just rough placeholders. Once you have the driveline and the major background pieces done you can start adding smaller details and effects if you want/need to.

In general it is pretty common to build the driveline first and let that dictate what fits into the background instead of letting the background dictate how well the track works.

empecee
05-15-2014, 11:33 PM
if you really want to do it . stick your theme on a different layer . and switch off the driveline one . d pad down track layers and untick driveline .

Torphid
05-15-2014, 11:41 PM
In general it is pretty common to build the driveline first and let that dictate what fits into the background instead of letting the background dictate how well the track works.

Very good tip.
But honestly, whatever works best for you.
I usually get a good idea for my DL then I go back and forth between decoration and DL.
Because decoration influences the DL and vice versa.
Good luck :)

StllBreathnButY
05-16-2014, 12:41 AM
What I like to do is take the whole thing, one segment at a time., doing theme, and driveline simultaneously. I find that more often than not, if you lay down a driveline first, then build a theme to fit it, the theme isn't as strong. If you build all theme first, then a driveline, the driveline isnt as tight and tuned as it should be, or it looks totally disconnected from the scenery. Doing both, one section at a time tends to make everything feel like it was all meant to be. Simultaneously,each peice of scenery is built because of what came before it, and each obstacle fits the flow because everything is being built on top of what came before it.

Depending on your abilities, you can do things any way you want really. Just be aware that those are common issues seen in tracks(doesn't necessarily make them bad). Lots of tracks have a beautiful, thought out them, with the most generic driveline, made of the same ramps and platforms throughout, and seem totally disconnected from the scenery. Others look gorgeous, but can't be driven on with any real form because no liberties were taken to smooth out the driveline.

If you really want to know the best way to do it, I suggest trying all kinds of ways to do it. In doing so, you'll find what youre best at, what scores better, and what you enjoy the most. It's the old saying, "different strokes for different folks." trying everything will make you well rounded and more self aware too.

heartxofxaxlion
05-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Ok thanks for the info! Everyone has their own way I see.