PDA

View Full Version : May 2014 Bronze Cup - Message from the eSports Team

del170109032657
05-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello everyone,

We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the recent Bronze Cup competition. While we do appreciate the passion around the Road to Paris event, we have not been pleased with the conditions that several players experienced during this portion of the tournament.

During the event last weekend, the Road to Paris tournament platform was monitored by administrators to make sure that the tournament ran properly. Unfortunately, some concerns still occurred. After reviewing each issue and launching a thorough investigation, we are now in the position to provide some insight on the situation.

On Saturday, May 10th, 16 participants in the Bronze Cup faced an issue caused by a platform bug. Consequently, 24 other players experienced a delay in their matches. The bug that triggered this series of events has been fixed, but we will be looking into compensation for all 40 players that were affected by this error.

Apart from this specific case, there are a few other problem spots that will be worked out for future R2P events. The two biggest issues are:

Players were not available on time as that they were confused due to the time zone displayed on the Schedule (https://www.road2paris.com/season3/schedule)page.
Players played their matches without clicking the “Ready” button on the website, as shown in the tutorial video.

To produce a better experience for players, we’re making several changes to the R2P website:

Two additional time zones will be displayed on the Schedule (https://www.road2paris.com/season3/schedule) page (Pacific & Eastern)
Confirmation e-mails will be put in place to create a smoother tournament.
If a player misses their confirmation e-mail and connects to the event platform, a pop up will appear with details that player will need for the competition.
Before their first game, players will receive a pop up with relevant information in order to make sure their experience is unhindered.
Two help buttons will be added to the website. One button will be next to the user box and the other will be on the versus (https://www.road2paris.com/tournament/ZiPouet/versus)page.

We will continue to review future situations carefully to make sure that players have an awesome experience with the 2014 Road to Paris. Good luck in your next matches and we hope to see you at the Eiffel tower!

The eSports Team

chingon_one
05-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone,

Hi. I'll give you my personal feedback like R2P Bronze player

We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the recent Bronze Cup competition. While we do appreciate the passion around the Road to Paris event, we have not been pleased with the conditions that several players experienced during this portion of the tournament.

Obviously you can't be pleased, was probably the worst managed event in my life.

During the event last weekend, the Road to Paris tournament platform was monitored by administrators to make sure that the tournament ran properly. Unfortunately, some concerns still occurred. After reviewing each issue and launching a thorough investigation, we are now in the position to provide some insight on the situation.

On Saturday, May 10th, 16 participants in the Bronze Cup faced an issue caused by a platform bug. Consequently, 24 other players experienced a delay in their matches. The bug that triggered this series of events has been fixed, but we will be looking into compensation for all 40 players that were affected by this error.

You mean wait for 4/5 hours like a delay in their matches? O___o (few of them didn't only can play one game)

Apart from this specific case, there are a few other problem spots that will be worked out for future R2P events. The two biggest issues are:

Just listening to other players I can enumerate more than 5 "problem spots" that were happening along Saturday in your event. If you say that only have 2 biggest issues I'll be pleased indicating you other "minor issues", just remember you that with my "minor issues list" you were unable to organize and finish a fair, legal and "normal" CCG tournament.

Players were not available on time as that they were confused due to the time zone displayed on the Schedule page.

Are you serious??? O__________________o Big issue #1 is driving me crazy, honestly you've a particular point of view.

Players played their matches without clicking the “Ready” button on the website, as shown in the tutorial video.

Are you serious 2.0? O_________________________________________________ _________________________o Big Issue #2 is making me cry, definitelly the main problems from bronze qualifier were 2 issues from Bronze players? Are you kidding? Seriously? I was complaining about the event days ago to make you improve it and obtain a reaction from you but reading this post I only can feel even worse. You didn't say any word about the real problems that were happening during saturday.

To produce a better experience for players, we’re making several changes to the R2P website:

Two additional time zones will be displayed on the Schedule page (Pacific & Eastern)

o___O

Confirmation e-mails will be put in place to create a smoother tournament.

Are you speaking about automatic emails from admins. that didn't solve anything?

If a player misses their confirmation e-mail and connects to the event platform, a pop up will appear with details that player will need for the competition.
Before their first game, players will receive a pop up with relevant information in order to make sure their experience is unhindered.
Two help buttons will be added to the website. One button will be next to the user box and the other will be on the versus page.

And??? If one player read the rules could play the event without problems, if you don't solve the real problems nobody could play your tournament without problems.

We will continue to review future situations carefully to make sure that players have an awesome experience with the 2014 Road to Paris. Good luck in your next matches and we hope to see you at the Eiffel tower!

Honestly, I was waiting for something different... You're playing in a different league than me. I wish you luck for silver, you'll need it and I'm really hoping that this is only an official answer to feel better and calm some "guinea pig" bronze players that suffered your mistakes and bugs during the last weekend.

The eSports Team

A dissapointed bronze player that was there on time, click on ready as you said before, won his game, was eliminated, he reported inmediatelly and nobody helped him atm. If this isn't a big issue for tournament organizers definitelly you need more help to manage your own game.

OneShot013
05-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Was it really only 40 people that were affected by these bugs? It seemed like a lot more. Pretty disappointing all around, but I guess nothing else can be done about it now. They said its fixed, we'll see what happens during the silver cup. I will say that putting extra time zones on the website is a good change, albeit one that probably should have been implemented in the first place.

Boke_WE
05-13-2014, 10:10 PM
I am from the Sun's Coast, do you plan to implement a time zone to our coast? Seems to be the best solution to our issues :D

budynzmajonezem
05-13-2014, 10:41 PM
About the time zones, why not just add a field besides your country to choose your own timezone and display all datetimes appropriate to it, like it is on every other webpage on the internet?

IBURNUALL
05-13-2014, 11:26 PM
I was one of the ones this bug effected. I was forced to sit around at my computer for 3 full hours because my opponent got the bug and couldn't be moved forward. This was the finals match of the saturday bracket to make it into sunday too.

Saturday

My bronze cup tournament started at 1 pm eastern time

My bronze cup tournament ended at 6 pm eastern time

2 hours to get to the finals backet

3 hours to play my final match to get out of the bracket

Sunday

Lost 1st round of finals bracket QQ LOL -.-

I wonder what the compensation will be. hopefully, it will be something good.

Uraxor
05-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks Jason, good to see you guys are swiftly reacting and taking action. Keep up the good work!

chingon_one
05-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks Jason, good to see you guys are swiftly reacting and taking action. Keep up the good work!

" +1000000 Uraxor! Silver Qualifiers will go better, faster, stronger than us thanks to UBI Swiftly reactions. "

I've find one more player that had some issues last weekend... He's still searching for his opponent! Can I say to him that Bronze is finished?

http://www.memegenerator.es/imagenes/memes/13/10343266.jpg

chingon_one
05-14-2014, 12:42 PM
UBI team, attached you'll find my issue during your event...

https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/10257023_10152425709934640_6369502167688377767_o.j pg

Brackets show chingon_one 1 vs 1 Beduine, replay manager shows my victory and your bracket promoted Beduine. As you have seen, we were on time, ready and everything went wrong. It was best of 1 and we're 1-1? O_____________________o

Salutations!

Kimundi
05-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I just had a call with the main organizer, and the platform has been improved a lot since last week. Much more infos will be delivered to ensure a better experience and the bugs have been ironed out.

The players that contact the admins through the report system for last week's issues got a compensation IG yesterday.

Glygi
05-16-2014, 11:38 AM
I just had a call with the main organizer, and the platform has been improved a lot since last week. Much more infos will be delivered to ensure a better experience and the bugs have been ironed out.

The players that contact the admins through the report system for last week's issues got a compensation IG yesterday.

That is good to hear, keep up the good work.

However, I did not get any compensation yesterday, in-game or otherwise. Do you know what was the compensation ? Perhaps I missed it, but I really doubt that...

bambikitkat
05-16-2014, 02:06 PM
send 3 report, got bugged out of the tournament(100% ubisoft fault) and no compensation aswell.

OneShot013
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
I also sent in a report, and I did not receive compensation as well.

IBURNUALL
05-16-2014, 07:52 PM
I didnt get any compensation eighter

IBURNUALL
05-16-2014, 07:55 PM
who do we need to speak to to get our compensation I waited for 3 HOURS for 1 game!!

OneShot013
05-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Scratch that, I got my reward. One tournament ticket and a BS 2 pack

B-a-r-t-e-S
05-17-2014, 05:24 AM
thats funny. insufficient for the desire and potential to progress to silver. better than nothing ...

IBURNUALL
05-17-2014, 09:00 AM
i still havent recieved mine

DarkLordrising
05-18-2014, 05:33 PM
I just got my "compensation"...I'm just curious but it is a joke? One ticket and a lonely pack?

The players had to wait up to 4 hours until they were kicked out and the tournament ended without even getting a chance to start into the final rounds.

Now I personally know that I can use my time more efficient and more exciting. So I say goodbye...