PDA

View Full Version : Biggest travesties of the current Frontier release....

xitooner
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Would like to hear eveyone elses opinions of what is bothering them about the current release..... below are mine:

1) Glitched track/global leaderboards.
Examples... boggle44 has 2 BILLION in the global leaderboards. Ardentification has 12 seconds on the Ghost Town track...6 seconds better than everyone else is simply not posible....and he simply disappears when you race him. Is it really that hard to find/remove these guys? You do realize that if you take them off and KEEP them off (hell, spotting these guys simply isnt that hard for you) then they will soon stop doing this, right?

2) ANBA bugs and lack of variety.
ANBA chooses to repeatedly pit you against glitched opponents like the above, whom you can never beat. When he isnt doing that, he just keeps repeating the same 5-6 tracks over and over. You have 77 tracks out there RL... cant you do a little better?

3) ANBA 10-gem cost to skip opponents.
This used to be 1-gem; this is highway robbery, especially when you take incredibly high frequency of just getting the same track (possibly glitched) over and over again into account. We are paying heavily to skip YOUR issues, RL!

4) Those d*mn Berzerker blueprints are rare as hens teeth.
One chance for a piece every 12 ANBA opponents sounds like the current frequency. . . hey maybe its better. . .I wouldn't know since I have to skip half the opponents. . .all I know is. . . I have a slim chance to get one when they rarely do show up, and I cant afford to use gems to increase my chances because I must use all my gems for the 10-gem ANBA opponent skip cost. I'm not getting that bike anytime in the next couple of months.

5) Local scoring versus Leaderboard scoring.
This is such a simple thing to fix... dont know why its been there since day 1. Basically. . . . the leader boards are sorted by number of faults FIRST... then time. Thats the way it should be. . . .but my "best" personal score is anything with the lowest time, regardless of how many faults. So my 0 faults 24 seconds shows up on the leaderboards... but 2 faults in 22 seconds is my local score off the leaderboards, and is what ANBA uses for picking opponents. . . . The only way to get local and leaderboard back in sync is to beat my time-with-faults... in my faultless run. There shouldn't BE two ways of scoring to begin with. There cant be too many places where scoring in calculated/compared.. just use the same algorithm, for gods sake.

LerryJawler
05-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Personally I still think the biggest problem is the cost of gas. Its frustrates me so much that you can only play two tier 3 tracks every hour and thats only if you skip the slot machine. When you combine that with the quest requirements that have you playing tracks over and over just to hope you get the spin that gets you the part you need is infuriating. For example. Lets say you have a quest that requires you to fetch a single tier 5 part. If you are INSANELY lucky you would have to play a tier 3 track 9 times in order to get the minimum amount of spins to get all the pieces you need to craft that part. This equates to over 4 hours of waiting for your gas to refill to be able to play those tracks. The reality is its going to take WAY more runs to get those parts. If you decided to target tier 2 parts to craft you would still be insanely lucky to only need 27 runs to get the required parts. That's still around 190 gas which equals 9 and half hours of waiting.

Now we all know you can pay some real money to get a little bit more playing time but most of us dont want to spend money for only a limited amount of extra time. If you gave us an option to pay some money for infinite playtime i think most people here wouldnt object.

Outside of that I agree with all your points. Especially the 1-2 combo of having ANBA set people up against unbeatable opponents and then having the nerve to ask for 10 gems to get matched up with someone else which is possibly the same unbeatable opponent on another track.

joeloxford39
05-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Having hackers/glitchers in the leaderboards, after all that has been said about it, means either the devs don't care OR they are trying to fix the CORE issues with the game.

ANBA is still such a pain. Same 5-6 tracks, 10 gems to skip. I don't want to keep trying to improve my time by .25 seconds.

Can't complain about Berserker.

The entire GAS part needs to go away.

LerryJawler
05-12-2014, 09:21 PM
it also needs to be noted how SLEAZY it is that they have the nerve to swap the locations of the Full Refill and Tiny Tank Upgrade.

xitooner
05-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh, I forgot one of my favorite travesties......

UPGRADE TIMES
A trials developer said here that we could expect to see reduction in the high-end upgrade times:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/875376-To-Swan?p=9952349&highlight=upgrade#post9952349

After the update.... I've seen ZERO evidence that upgrade times are more reasonable at any level; unless someone thinks 5-7 days for an upgrade is reasonable. . . .

LerryJawler
05-12-2014, 10:58 PM
How much does it cost to skip a 5 day upgrade wait?

xitooner
05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
How much does it cost to skip a 5 day upgrade wait?
I dont remember myself... it falls in the category of "too much to consider" so I dont look closely most of the time. :)

However, I just started a single level 6 upgrade on my bronco, which is a 48 hours upgrade... and the gem cost is 91 to skip. So its fair to say that 5 days is almost certainly 200-300, or more. Anyone else have something more accurate?

LerryJawler
05-12-2014, 11:51 PM
so probably 5-10 dollars per upgrade at that point. A lot of people would think $10 for a completely upgraded bike is too spendy but these guys are thinking its a deal just to upgrade a single part. i just mean a single upgrade. not a maxed part upgrade. its not like for 10 bucks you are getting a fully upgraded engine. you will have to pay again to upgrade the engine to the next level.

morrillo
05-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Pros of Frontier:
it's the first decent handling and looking motorbike game on iOS, great job. Feel like Trials in my hands...until...

Cons:
Fuel system goes against the Trials idea of play play play to get better. Takes an age to get fuel back.
Spinning wheel: it's a joke to win some of the harder matches just to spin a level 1 piece of chain...they should have made it so gold medal guarantees or nearly guarantees success;
ANBA: skipping at 10 gems is a joke;
Upgrades: waaay too long, and waaay to expensive;
LBs: he who has decent skill but the best bike wins...wasn't Trials about a level playing field. doh.

LerryJawler
05-13-2014, 01:17 AM
I just realized $20 gets you only 10 hours of unlimited play time. What a steal err I mean deal?

membran_
05-13-2014, 08:04 AM
First of all, I want to leave my wall of text here, I think this sums up the game quite nicely: LINK. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/869909-A-feminine-touch?p=9940763&viewfull=1#post9940763)

To the person who wanted to know what the diamond skipping cost is: it is exactly 200 diamonds per 24 hours. So that's 1000 for 5 days.

Then to all who are still on the hunt for Beserker Parts: Once you spot a blueprint on the wheel, notice how you can restart the track after spinning and not getting the part! Assuming they haven't changed it with the patch: you don't have to move on to the next ANBA opponent, just spin the wheel and if you don't get the blueprint, press the arrow in the bottom left corner to restart the track. Beat the opponent again (it's the same one), and you can spin again, the blueprint is still there. Just don't go back to the main map.

It's really sad to see what this franchise has become. There's no soul left in it. I can only strongly recommend that you don't spend real money on this, as it would be literally wasted. Believe me when I tell you: Even if they removed fuel and all waiting times altogether, just leaving coin cost and fusing items in there: the amount of time spent mindlessly grinding to max out all bikes (not taking into account the story "quests"!!!!) would be around 100+ hours (and that ONLY if one were to exploit the slot machine for coins). I'm not kidding. It's probably way more than that. Also I have to correct the amount of money I guessed one would have to spend to unlock everything - I said 100+ bucks in the linked posting of mine, now I think a more realistic number would be closer to 500 bucks.. Or, as many have probably done, pay nothing by using the iPhone's system time to get rid of the fuel system, essentially - or just skip the grind altogether and use a hacked savefile in the first place. I'm against pirating games, but I sure as hell cannot blame anyone in this case, really. They are asking for it.

The fact that they took the most important aspect of trials - speedrunning, which is based upon equality - and then sacrificed that equality and locked it behind hundreds upon hundreds of hours of grinding - alternatively asking for an unreasonable amount of money that borders on criminal intent - is the most sickening part in all of this.

I've advertised RedLynx' games in the online communities I've been active in the past, gathering a fair amount of hype for Trials HD and Evolution in particular, but no more. It's the opposite now. In fact, I've already smashed both Fusion and Frontier over at my resident game forum, 10K users. It felt good.

xzamplez
05-13-2014, 09:24 AM
I know how you feel, m3mbran. The latest decisions that Redlynx have made are the exact type of decisions I bash other developers for and choose not to support by purchasing their games.

I wish some Trials developers branched off into their own studio, and brought us more true Trials games, and not some monotonous, unfinished, casual-audience-catered embarrassment to the series that is Fusion. I'm so disappointed with the game, that I chose to play this money hungry mobile game instead.

LerryJawler
05-13-2014, 01:30 PM
i easily have more time played in frontier than fusion :o

eflixxx
05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
the real value of each bike is in the thousands of dollars. as said numberous times before, its unbeleavable.

membran_
05-13-2014, 02:42 PM
the real value of each bike is in the thousands of dollars. as said numberous times before, its unbeleavable.

When you think about it, and calculate this from a no-grind standpoint (as in: buy all coins and diamonds needed for building each of the 40 parts to a bike, including paying diamonds to instantly get higher tier parts and then paying to skip the waiting time), this is probably true. LOL!

This kind of "business" model actively contradicts any ambition for games to be recognized as art. It has to go away. As I stated before, it needs to be taken out back and shot. F2P non-cosmetic microtransactions and "energy"-related artificial progression blockers and time-savers are a plague that has already begun to creep into console and PC releases, even into full price releases mind you. It can be, especially the travesty that is Trials Frontier, without a doubt classified as dishonest practices, immoral and unethical advertising (the game camouflages its currency scaling pretty well in the beginning, as well as never states clearly what a "knapsack of whatever" will truly buy - nevermind the wheel-of-fortune mechanic!), as well as plain price gouging (as in: rip-off).

Anybody remember the time when developers were complaining about the prevalence of 1 dollar apps and how these would prevent them from developing higher quality games that are actually worth their money? If only they knew what's to come, lol.

What a joy it would be if these kinds of games had a couple millions downloads and nobody would spend a dime. I'm usually against all kinds of censorship, especially when it comes to games, but I really feel it's time for governments to step the eff up, to protect the consumers from themselves and outright ban this kind of bull by law.

xitooner
05-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Then to all who are still on the hunt for Beserker Parts: Once you spot a blueprint on the wheel, notice how you can restart the track after spinning and not getting the part! Assuming they haven't changed it with the patch: you don't have to move on to the next ANBA opponent, just spin the wheel and if you don't get the blueprint, press the arrow in the bottom left corner to restart the track. Beat the opponent again (it's the same one), and you can spin again, the blueprint is still there. Just don't go back to the main map.

Thanks for this tip! Its gotten me 3-4 blueprints already, without spending my precious gems.....in one case the blueprint was so tiny it took me about 8 tries.... but I did it! :)