PDA

View Full Version : [Solved]CHEATERS!?! Disappointed

Kisteran
05-12-2014, 02:00 AM
Hey Folks,

Well the game has only been out for PC for around three weeks, but the hacks are at it already. As I explore the top of the leader board for each track, I am disappointed by the impossibly low race times. Am I simply being a bad sport? All one need do is watch the replay to know the posted time is bull...ah...unqualified.

Leader boards are important. I only have one friend who bought the game and he is less committed than I. I depend on the global race time to set the bar and keep the game interesting. Why is it that almost every racing game on the PC has their leader boards hacked? Global race times are significant in the value they add to game play. I would expect developers would be transporting this important data through the internet via little binary armored cars.

I question why developers waste financial resources on the implementation of comparative user achievements. Why bother if they are unable or unwilling to protect the integrity of the database? While the financial community protects their information at great expense, I find it difficult to accept that there isn't a cost effective solution where entertainment applications are concerned. Numerous entertainment software developers attempt to provide comparative performance tracking, yet fail in presenting the information accurately or protect it from tampering. The time has come to consider the importance of this aspect of application deliveries. Developers need to adopt a comprehensive approach to all facets of their products and stop delivering components they don't have the resources to maintain. As the years roll by and new products roll out, I grow increasingly frustrated with this continuing issue. I suspect other users feel the same.

RedLynx has obviously put a great deal of effort and expense into what I consider to be solid and incredibly beautiful entertainment title. However the issues with the leader boards has undermined my enthusiasm.

POSITIVE NOTE: I don't want my post to be all doom and gloom. I wish to note the replay option within the leader boards is a brilliant feature. The ability to review the actual execution of other users efforts in achieving their recorded times is nothing short of excellent. Thanks for that.

~Kisteran

En0-
05-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Hello,

Please refer to this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876740-SP-Leaderboard-Glitch-Hack-!

Also, there are protections (or it would have been hacked day one) but, sadly, the preferred game of some people is to find how to hack it, so they don't give up easily.

The integrity of leaderboards is key to the game experience, so we'll do what's necessary to ensure it.

Cheers,

Kisteran
05-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Understood. Thanks for the reply.

Dullahanx
05-16-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't think I've seen a leaderboard in a PC game where the top wasn't filled with hackers. Like, ever. Its one of the reasons I stopped playing the call of duty series. I was top 100 in almost every category in pc CoD but the top 20-50 were all obvious cheaters, so I eventually quit. Hope that doesn't happen here.