PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Disconnected from host

AngelAyla
05-10-2014, 03:11 PM
For the last week or so I've been back on AC4:BF trying to play multiplayer but it seems I can't make it through a single match without either being put in halfway through or disconnected when joining. The servers used to be halfway decent but now it seems they've gone way downhill. From what I've seen there are a few posts saying it's the servers, but I just want to make sure.

My nat is open (green), my upload says good.

Actually my connection is usually DL - 30 - 40mbps and UL - 2mbps. I know the UL seems low but it's been lower and still worked a lot better than is now.

Also my PS3 is set to DMZ.

So I"m really hoping that it's just them because this is getting really frustrating trying to play with friends and getting nowhere.

Where-am-I-again
05-10-2014, 03:26 PM
But what is your NAT type according to the PS3 connection test? The AC's internal NAT test gives false positives for open NAT.

AngelAyla
05-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Always says 2.

Where-am-I-again
05-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Then I suppose it's the game. NAT type 2 shouldn't cause any problems.

...Unless you have a wireless connection that goes zigzag between 100% and ~10% signal strength due to weather + distance from the nearest mast? That way the network speed might seem fast enough, since the tester takes an average from a certain period of time, but the game might boot you due to a lag spike.

AngelAyla
05-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I don't use wireless for my PS3, just a short cable since both the PS3 and modem are on the same stand. I am glad it's most likely the game, but is still frustrating. Ah well, I guess just have to live with it. But it's things like this plus other multiple bugs/glitches in both MP and SP that are making me hesitant to continue buying these games. :(

Where-am-I-again
05-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Nah I didn't mean wireless from router to PS3, I meant wireless from support mast to router. If that signal has some disturbance, it may lead to disconnections when the connection between you and the others briefly cuts out.

AngelAyla
05-11-2014, 12:09 AM
No, its not wireless.