PDA

View Full Version : Swiss matches must be longer give us moAr time for fck's sake...

RPG-ManiaC
05-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Most of the matches I lose on Swiss is from time so how about make the matches longer? only 7' it's nothing unless u play a rush deck is that what they forced us to play only? when more & more mobs gather on the battlefield we must have some time to think we can't just rush forward & atk-atk-atk...

Hey devs in short make the matches longer!!! I don't want to be forced to make a super fast rush deck just because the matches is so short & we don't have time to do sh1t... give us at least 10' for each one those 3 more minutes can make the difference & allow the players to play decks other than rush & only that...

cyenne49
05-09-2014, 11:25 PM
I've never played a rush deck in Swiss and have won quite a few. Nothing wrong with the 7 minutes IMO.

Vengyre
05-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I won swisses with Sandal Lock and Dhamiria Loop.
Maybe you're the problem?

LuziferXYZ
05-09-2014, 11:59 PM
I won swisses and lost swisses but it the cases where I lost nearly never was it because of the timer.
Oh, and I played it with, what you could call here, random decks.

Thorssen64
05-10-2014, 12:23 AM
I also suffer. The problem is that most Swisses require me to create new decks, and then I don't know what half my cards do, let alone my opponent's. Sure it's down to me, but why are there so many Swiss daily quests?

Breakhorn
05-10-2014, 12:27 AM
A nice thing could be to set a turn time to :20 regardless of your actual time left, to avoid the guy just blocking his way when he sees the :05 left.

banduan
05-10-2014, 12:47 AM
I won swisses with Sandal Lock and Dhamiria Loop.
Maybe you're the problem?

hardly great counter-examples, can be quite robotic decks.

I've won Swisses too but have lost my fair share from time-outs. Don't know why it can't be 10 mins per player, which can add at most 20 min or so to tourney time... but probably won't.

edit: oh - of course theres lag to consider too... not the major 3 second a pip lags but those little ones you don't notice until they build up.

cyenne49
05-10-2014, 01:09 AM
I do agree that the lag time needs to be fixed... but not by extending the amount of time a Swiss takes.

IamAndy
05-10-2014, 04:54 AM
dont forget that there are 6 other players waiting in lobby @@, adding more time is not a choice. You need to be familiar with your deck, and probably with possible enemy deck before attempting swiss. Personally i got timed up a few times too, stunned what to do when suddenly a graveyard appear

Ur4b4sk
05-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Clocks on MtGO are 30 minutes a player :|

The idea that going past seven minutes would be the end of the world is ridiculous. Don't really see a problem with going to around ten or twelve minutes. Most games still aren't going to time anyways. IMO if you can't be bothered to set aside ~45 minutes for a tournament you shouldn't bother. Heck you still finish the whole game in less the amount of time it usually takes to finish a round in a paper CCG tournament.

My main problem is how you're locked out of the rest of the game even if you've finished your game in the third round.

npavcec
05-10-2014, 07:29 AM
7 minutes is IMHO perfectly fine. I've played 250+ games in Swiss tournaments and my timer run out maybe 2-3 times.

Thorssen64
05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
We're glad you're all right, Jack.

IMO you should do what they do in chess - you start with a certain amount of time that covers the first (say) 10 rounds, and then if you reach that point you get some extra time, and again at 15 rounds, 20, etc. Or even 30 seconds a move.