PDA

View Full Version : 3 minutes per gas is too much!

LerryJawler
05-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Gas prices need to come down!

As it stands now it takes an hour to get 20 gas.

Now that everyone is getting to play tier 3 tracks they are seeing it would take half that gas to play 1 tier 3 track. Once youve played that single tier 3 track you are left with a dilemma: what to do with the remaining 10 gas you have left?

Right away you might think you want to play another tier 3 track but then you remember the slot machine has just opened up. Obviously if you run the tier 3 track you will have no gas left for the challenge. So you go to the slot machine and see what you get. If you are lucky its only a 5 gas track challenge so you can at least play another tier 1 track when its done before you have to set the game down for an hour.

Spending money to get around this is fine but not when you are spending money for a LIMITED amount of playtime. If you spend $5 you can refill your tank 10 times. Big deal. As we all know even if you have a huge tank, say 100+, it only takes a matter of minutes to blow threw that especially if you are running down parts.

I currently have a 60 gas tank. If i paid $5 for 200 gems I will have the ability to upgrade and refill my tank 10 times. This would give me around 620 gas to use when you factor in you have to leave around 8 or so gas in your tank to allow the refill +1 to only cost 20. A hardcore trials player can easily go through 620 gas in an hour or two. $5 for an hour or two of play? seriously? Why would I pay that when I can pay $20 for regular trials and play over and over and over with no limitation.

How is this a good idea? You know the dedicated trials player play the same tracks over and over and over. Why prevent us from doing that with out spending infinite amounts of money? This only prevents players from getting better since you dont have the resources to play the same track over and over with different bikes or against different ghosts. This kills competition and makes the game stale.

Please change this. Make gas cheaper, even 1 minute per gas would be burden but it would be better, or give us a way to pay more to permanently eliminate this like we do when we purchase other trials games.

xitooner
05-08-2014, 12:07 AM
I agree. The sad thing is, RL already knows this. They WANT you to be held back, and to be inconvenienced... by lack of gas, lack of money, lack of items/gems. Its how they make their money. . . .I realize this is falling on deaf ears but:

RL please give us a way around these restrictions in some way; faster recharge times, lower fuel requirements per track... an option to pay a straight fee and drop the F2P model.

LerryJawler
05-08-2014, 12:16 AM
yep i know its the model and its understandable to a point but they are being a little to greedy by being so stingy with gas in addition to the high prices of tracks and upgrades. its alienating. I dont think the trials fan base is that same as the farmville candycrush core that spends money willy nilly. We grind for times not completion. The people that spend money for completion will be gone fast.

LerryJawler
05-08-2014, 02:20 AM
hmmm it looks like even got more cheap with this update because it seems it takes a lot longer now to go from 20+ to 20 for the tiny tank upgrade. i had to wait till 11/61 to have it drop back to 20.

xitooner
05-08-2014, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I've watched it enough times now I see the overall pattern; the break-even point is always Tank_Size-50 (or 49, I forget). . . and for every 3 points below that, they add on another gem to the cost.