PDA

View Full Version : Broken TC Feed: Top Rated This Week

IImayneII
05-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Is this feed broken? I see still tracks in there that are shared alot longer then a week, with the longest ones since 24/04.

If this feed is broken there is really no point in putting 20+ hours in a track and sharing it because there will be no way of getting in that feed anymore after a while and the new good tracks that come out will be pushed out the new track feed fairly quickly to be completely forgotten after that.

I think I speak for alot of other builders that put effort in their tracks that this is unacceptable, and I think most builders won't even share their tracks until this is fixed.

I think it is fair to ask if this will be fixed in the upcoming patch? And what is actually broken about the feed so we know what we are dealing with. Because from the RL responses I read on the forums TC doesn't even seem to be a priority to fix...

En0-
05-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi,

We fixed most of the bugs that were a pain and impacting the majority of people (crashes, freezes, slow motion on PC, long loading time of the garage on PC, optimizations and extra graphic options and lot of other things...), we're finishing what is behind Pyrosequence that was half done at the release and now we're starting to fix all the track central issues.

We did a meeting (regular one) today about prioritization but I didn't see this one. So either nobody reported it yet (it didn't arrive to the dev team) or it's already fixed.

I will check tomorrow.

Thank you for the report,

IImayneII
05-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the quick response En0 and for all of the information. Much appreciated!

En0-
05-08-2014, 08:14 AM
So I discussed with the engineer and the designer.

There are several problems:
- The name is confusing: "Top rated this week" doesn't mean "Top rated tracks that published-this-week". It means "Top-rated-this-week for ALL the tracks published".
- We agree that it doesn't help players to showcase their new tracks as much as they should.

We're currently going through a partial redesign of the Track Central to address all the major problems, we don't know yet what will be in next patch and what will be in the one after. When it will be clearer, I think a dev or a community manager will communicate about it. But we take things by priority and builders' motivation and recognition is key for track central.

Cheers,

morrillo
05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Top rated tracks for that week from all published is self perpetuating, and MUCH less useful than top rated and PUBLISHED that week, but we should have both (as we did on Evo).
Also, this problem WAS reported by me in my TC thread, which I constantly update.

Please point your Devs here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/870304-Track-Central-SUGGEST-IMPROVEMENTS-FIXES-HERE-for-Devs

Thank you for the update though, much appreciated.

En0-
05-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi Morrillo,

Yes, I know this thread :) We read it carefully but we don't answer to every point. It's just I am not the most up-to-date developer about Track Central situation.

We take all this feedback into consideration while we're working on improving Track Central.

Cheers,

apdenton1
05-08-2014, 04:01 PM
So I discussed with the engineer and the designer.

There are several problems:
- The name is confusing: "Top rated this week" doesn't mean "Top rated tracks that published-this-week". It means "Top-rated-this-week for ALL the tracks published".
- We agree that it doesn't help players to showcase their new tracks as much as they should.

We're currently going through a partial redesign of the Track Central to address all the major problems, we don't know yet what will be in next patch and what will be in the one after. When it will be clearer, I think a dev or a community manager will communicate about it. But we take things by priority and builders' motivation and recognition is key for track central.

Cheers,

Uh. I just released my one and only track/skill game for Fusion. It is my Trials masterpiece, and I suspect it will be lost in the depths of TC, lost to bailout games and track spam. Sigh. Time for me to move on, shut my mouth, chin up and join the big boy developers.
...or not, I'll join these guys (http://imgur.com/6zT1UrS).

iSammmmmm--
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Hi Morrillo,

Yes, I know this thread :) We read it carefully but we don't answer to every point. It's just I am not the most up-to-date developer about Track Central situation.

We take all this feedback into consideration while we're working on improving Track Central.

Cheers,
Hi En0, do you currently have plans to change the TC into a multi-platform option? It is seriously hard to hold my attention on the PC when there are so few tracks..

En0-
05-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Hello,

We're working hard on improving a lot of things in the game but I can't disclose anything myself! but honestly, I believe that will be a really good first update.
There will be an official detailed announcement about the next improvements (for Track Central and other things) soon. Stay tuned!

Cheers,