PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a 2D track?

Zurgery
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Help needed.

Thanks

MonkyCMonkeyDo
05-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Help needed.

Thanks

Wouldn't you just keep the track completely straight and set the camera to be at 90 degrees to the rider (exactly from the side).

BMXBandit777
05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Can u give more detail as to what kind of 2D track you want to make? :)

Zurgery
05-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Can u give more detail as to what kind of 2D track you want to make? :)

One similar to this!
I don't know how to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOvgK9gvLEs

BMXBandit777
05-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Ah OK, in the editor when you first put down the start /finish points your bike/rider will appear. Next to the rider you will see a blue camera and a circular target ( the blue camera will always point towards the target) select the camera and move it away from the rider then test the track to see if its far enough away/ too far away. You can also select the camera then press up on d-pad to go into the object properties menu and adjust the fov to zoom in/out to fine tune it :)

Zurgery
05-07-2014, 11:57 AM
But will doing this give me the 2D effect? like the one above.

Thanks for the info

BMXBandit777
05-07-2014, 12:08 PM
This will give you the basic view you want, you may need to add/adjust the lighting to recreate the same look as that track :)

empecee
05-07-2014, 12:13 PM
turn the camera 90 degrees as mentioned but you will need to mess with the camera field of view .. make it wide so you can see the next obs tickles.x and you can see on the video stick the sun facing the camera for the black monotone effect . id imagine it takes a bit of skill as the drive line and what you see will be a fair distance from the camera .

Wraath
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
To make it a 2d effect you need to play with the environment settings. If you want a one tone background turn sky ambience colour to full and also turn up the fog setting. To get the driving line and the rider the same colour as eachother turn ground ambience or whatever it is called down and then just adjust them to the colour you need. I made a similar track on evo but I think G Satchmo has done quite a lot. Check out his thread.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
05-07-2014, 02:28 PM
To add to this, do cameras in the editor allow for an orthographic mode?

If not, I think playing with the FOV would help immensely.

Zurgery
05-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Just tried using some of the things you gave me and I just cant seem to do it.
Think this is past my skill level of track making :).

BMXBandit777
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Send me a friend request its a lot easier to talk it through step by step :)

Zurgery
05-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I added you on uplay but not sure if you use.
I'll add you on Xbox a bit later

TeriXeri
05-09-2014, 12:22 PM
I was experimenting with 2D silhouet camera views, and I found a lot of possible color/style combinations by changing camera filter/brightness/exposure/tint, combined with the fog/view distance and sky colors/sunlight.

Will review the savefile later and post what basic setup for a cam that makes the rider centered in screen.

Zurgery
05-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh thanks this would help alot!

TeriXeri
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I did some more testing, and the most important factors are definately aligning the camera target disk to the center of the rider and then making sure the camera is in a 90 degree angle from it.

A low FOV is also key as it changes the "lens" to show less depth. Dont put the cam too far away or you lose details like empty wheels.

Interpolation is all dependant on fine tuning, too high gets too bumpy however.

Fog Color can give the track pretty much any color you want if you want a 1 color 2d look, the background sky can keep its color even.

Camera mode : Glue to Target.

Of course this is all for a perfectly aligned straight track.

I also advise to build in the sky away from mountains, to avoid terrain getting in the way .

Zurgery
05-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow!
And I'm wondering if it's possible for someone to create a 2D template of the setup that we could download and use?

Thanks again for the tips