PDA

View Full Version : Trials Frontier - Android Soft Launch & Known Issues

RetiredRonin
05-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Android players! Trials Frontier is now available in soft-launch for Android users in Finland and India. We are using this soft launch to help find and squash bugs that may be present in advance of a world wide launch on Android platforms.

Here is a list of current known issues present in Trials Frontier for Android:

Trials Frontier does not launch on the B&N devices (Nook HD) and crashes during extraction of APK file
Trials Frontier overrides OS auto screen rotation settings
Trials Frontier gets stuck on mission completion pop-up if the user taps the back button on blueprint UI
Mission "Free Ride" gets stuck and cannot be launched if player repeatedly presses on the mission instruction arrow in the background
Trials Frontier crashes after changing language on the device
After game progression sync, completed mission characters can appear twice in mission area
Trials Frontier crashes on launch after a few hours of game-play and is unable to launch further on Samsung Note 3

The following variables may have an effect on Trials Frontier and can lead to unintended gameplay:

Device RAM
Number of applications running in the background
Installed applications/programs
Network that users are connected to
If the device is rooted
If a custom firmware ROM is loaded on the device

MaTiSpOrT
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I guess that now I should ask this...
iOS and Android shared LB?
What if I get the game on an Android device I will be able to keep my iOS progress??

llDumptruckll
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm Sure that the leaderboards will not be connected, as similar to Motoheroz. I doubt you will loose your progress as Uplay sees Android devices as a Different platfrom from iOS. It would be like having shared leaderboards on the PS4 and the ONE. Never gonna happen or at least not any time soon.

As far as downloading the game, unless I root my phone, seems I need a credit card from India or Finland to Download the game. Does anybody know any other ways to get around this and download the game? Or does anyone have a link to go to the Google Play Store using that countries VPN?

MaTiSpOrT
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
What is the point on all this nonsense secrecy?

I can play Mad Skills MX 2 on my iPhone and on my samsumg tab using the same account... Thatīs pretty cool!!
I was able to download the app but then...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm-8LI1CYAANH38.jpg

Trials Frontier Android .APK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jfn9gdlbddw45y/Trials%20Frontier.apk

newrider14
05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Guys,

The leaderboard on iOS and Android will not shared. Trials android will be a new game and no progress can be synced from iOS.

Thanks!

MaTiSpOrT
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/ZEJD/welcome-to-the-future/image.png

xitooner
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi Guys,
The leaderboard on iOS and Android will not shared. Trials android will be a new game and no progress can be synced from iOS.
Thanks!

So nothing can carry over from one to the other; no progress, no purchases, etc. Welcome to the future, indeed. :) What happens when you use the same uplay account on Android that you are using for IOS, I wonder? Does it allow you to, and is it treated separately (ie it doesnt wipe you game or give you some obscure uplay error that nobody understands?)

I hope their leaderboard is less glitched than IOS's is (highly doubtful though)

MaTiSpOrT
05-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Played the Android version!!!
Well... looks like the android version is way cheaper/better than the iOS one... *sigh*

PS: If anyone wants to pay it, just let me know!!

xitooner
05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Well... looks like the android version is way cheaper/better than the iOS one... *sigh*

Interesting. How is it cheaper/better? Shorter wait times, less gem cost, etc? Or something else?

D2Dahaka
05-18-2014, 08:04 AM

I definitely would like to try this especially knowing that it's cheaper. I have a 64GB Asus Transformer Infinity to put it through its paces. Now the $64 question is does the game support gamepads on Android?

k2nph
05-18-2014, 10:36 AM
What is the point on all this nonsense secrecy?

I can play Mad Skills MX 2 on my iPhone and on my samsumg tab using the same account... Thatīs pretty cool!!
I was able to download the app but then...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm-8LI1CYAANH38.jpg

Trials Frontier Android .APK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jfn9gdlbddw45y/Trials%20Frontier.apk

Well it worth was worth a try, as ive only been waiting for this for about 9mnths?!
Thanks for the APK anyway matti. :)
I got the same.
Oh well back to mad skills motorcross 2, see you all in another 6mnths lol. ;)

MaTiSpOrT
05-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Well it worth was worth a try, as ive only been waiting for this for about 9mnths?!
Thanks for the APK anyway matti. :)
I got the same.
Oh well back to mad skills motorcross 2, see you all in another 6mnths lol. ;)
Finally found a way to play it!! will send you a PM.

I definitely would like to try this especially knowing that it's cheaper. I have a 64GB Asus Transformer Infinity to put it through its paces. Now the $64 question is does the game support gamepads on Android?
Didnīt tried it but probably gamepads are not supported on android, neither on iOS...

Interesting. How is it cheaper/better? Shorter wait times, less gem cost, etc? Or something else?
Iīm about to complete the game in less than a week... One bike left...
Edit: Without spend a cent.

aggrotroll
05-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Finally found a way to play it!! will send you a PM.
Hey there, would be nice if you could send ma a PM, too!

I also tried installing it, but since I am using Cyanogenmod on my Nexus 7 without Google account, I won't start at all.

mtomato_
05-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I didn't notice an update, so was this fixed or is it working fine now for some other reason?
I mean the game freezing when trying to upgrade bike w/o being connected to the internet.
Now I get a notification about needing an internet connection, but yesterday or maybe 2 days ago (can't remember) the game just froze each time I tried only leaving the music to play.