PDA

View Full Version : give me an answer thanks all

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I can see many many many aircraft's project for IL2FB in the web community,... but I must to wait only the official expansion pack for a real use. My question is very simply and direct:
why others flightsims (over all microsoft CFS sims and strike fighters), have (free) a lot of new flyables aircraft, maps, mods, objects, effects, etc..? Why not in IL2FB?

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I can see many many many aircraft's project for IL2FB in the web community,... but I must to wait only the official expansion pack for a real use. My question is very simply and direct:
why others flightsims (over all microsoft CFS sims and strike fighters), have (free) a lot of new flyables aircraft, maps, mods, objects, effects, etc..? Why not in IL2FB?

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Er...We just got a free upgrade with p-51, zero etc. And maps and objects...

If I'm understanding this correctly you want more planes etc for free????? If you can convince 1C and Ubi to work for free, then good luck to you....

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Because the philosophy is quality not quantity. Oleg keeps complete control over what models get used, and produces ALL flight models. This is the opposite of the Microsoft sim World, where everyone can do what the hell they like.

They both have their strengths and drawbacks. I like the fact that both are available so you get the choice: there's no point in Oleg trying to do the same as everyone else.

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Actually here it is:

IL2 has closed source. No SDKs, Closed FM

Microsoft line is more open.