PDA

View Full Version : Should free running be nerfed?

n00bfi_97
05-01-2014, 11:07 PM
It's in our genes to run away, and so it's the same in AC. Free-running is a core aspect of the series, but is it okay to abuse it? Is it okay to run away from your pursuers?

Putting in this "list" of abilities, doesn't that mean free-running is broken just like Time Phase? Is it okay to free run in such a way that it confuses players? Doesn't that make it unfair and therefore unbalanced since people that can't free run can't kill their targets?

Seeing as AC4 was already way too focused on freedom of movement, do you guys think mobility should be severely nerfed so as to balance the game? For example no wall ejects. I mean, look at how problematic Deathmatch is due to free-running. Completely unbalanced, broken and abused by veteran players.

Lemme know what you guys think. because I believe it's unfair that some can free run very well and thus abuse it but other people, such as new players, can't do the same.

PowermaneXx
05-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Didn't you already do this joke?

Kirokill
05-02-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't remember seeing you complaining :P

I don't think it's that much of an issue, running in a way you can't be caught is good, for AA and DOM at least. I know I am doing a mistake now, but that might be the reason for the third ranged ability slot.
That's according to the one above me if you are being serious.

Avantiic
05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Maybe for dm/wanted players Freeruning is anyoing but freerunning is nessecsay for modes like aa,mh and assassinate.
In AC4 aa is allready unbalanced, Freerunning is the way that helps you to score...With out it aa running would be destructed!

xYnazz
05-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Maybe for dm/wanted players Freeruning is anyoing but freerunning is nessecsay for modes like aa,mh and assassinate.
In AC4 aa is allready unbalanced, Freerunning is the way that helps you to score...With out it aa running would be destructed!

Tried Freerunning it a few seconds ago against you and got my *** kicked. ;)

But seriously, I also find it annoying that so many people run away in especially Wanted. That's why I often bring the Gun to that mode.

Where-am-I-again
05-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Tried Freerunning it a few seconds ago against you and got my *** kicked. ;)

But seriously, I also find it annoying that so many people run away in especially Wanted. That's why I often bring the Gun to that mode.

The problem lies in whispers. A lot of people start hearing whispers, and if they have no idea who's after their head, they'll just bolt off. I think whispers should be nerfed a bit (or running away without identifying your pursuer), perhaps by letting your pursuer run after you without losing meter (or draining it slower) if you are running away without having them locked? Probably a bad idea, but should be enough to spark conversation.

DomdudeDaGreat
05-02-2014, 09:35 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608004998004082851&pid=1.7

Dead1y-Derri
05-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Nope.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
05-04-2014, 10:16 PM
yea it should be nerfed, players aboves prestige 1 should not have the ability to jump or run because newer players cant catch them.:rolleyes:

Localist2012
05-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Yup. Just remove whispers. Or at least put them to ACB or ACR level. The increase in "whispers" was a terrible idea, it's caused people to act like annoying idiots since AC3. It favours those who don't, due to they know that their pursuer is approaching and they can plan and form a stun or aggressively take a 100 point honourable death and get on with their day.

qubal
05-05-2014, 11:29 AM
yea it should be nerfed, players aboves prestige 1 should not have the ability to jump or run because newer players cant catch them.:rolleyes:

First off, you're telling me that you would like to not be able to run or jump, what if your target was on the other side of the map? I don't want to be rude but this is a terrible idea :eek: and anyway whenever I try to run away from noobs they always somehow catch me. (No chases) :p

Where-am-I-again
05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
First off, you're telling me that you would like to not be able to run or jump, what if your target was on the other side of the map? I don't want to be rude but this is a terrible idea :eek: and anyway whenever I try to run away from noobs they always somehow catch me. (No chases) :p

Dude, you need to update your sarcasm sensors.

qubal
05-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Dude, you need to update your sarcasm sensors.

LOL, just had them updated. :rolleyes:

luckyto
05-07-2014, 07:18 PM
To be fair, I believe 1) you should take a knife stun penalty for falling from too high and 2) you should have some sort of charged meter which drains as you run, a stamina bar of sorts.