PDA

View Full Version : Light Problem !!!!

dfggjlllla
04-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm building a cave system and I want to put lights in them instead of light from the sun.
I fogged it up black and put fire on the walls.:cool:

It works fine in editing mode but when I'm test riding it, the light source is going on when I come close (15m), and off (10m) when I'm not even outside the lights view?
Really annoying...

I need the light source to be ON like 70 meters before I get there. So I can see that there is a light source further down the path, instead of just "popping" on when I'm close.
Thats not really logical for a torch right?
And it can go OFF when I'm like 40 meters past.

I've tried different lights, events, impulses, etc but none of them fix the problem.

Again it works perfect in edit mode but its a pain in test mode.:confused::confused::confused:

apdenton1
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
I'm building a cave system and I want to put lights in them instead of light from the sun.
I fogged it up black and put fire on the walls.:cool:

It works fine in editing mode but when I'm test riding it, the light source is going on when I come close (15m), and off (10m) when I'm not even outside the lights view?
Really annoying...

I need the light source to be ON like 70 meters before I get there. So I can see that there is a light source further down the path, instead of just "popping" on when I'm close.
Thats not really logical for a torch right?
And it can go OFF when I'm like 40 meters past.

I've tried different lights, events, impulses, etc but none of them fix the problem.

Again it works perfect in edit mode but its a pain in test mode.:confused::confused::confused:

Stadium lights (variation 1) are the only reliable lights I've found...

vladiiiiiiii
04-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Yes, this is extremely annoying! I have found no way to avoid this except to put lights everywhere so you don't notice the ones turning off. :(

Lights have to be REALLY close to the drive line/rider or they just simply wont turn on.

MonkyCMonkeyDo
04-30-2014, 02:37 PM
I've had some issues with the lighting too, just throwing a new thing to try out here. What would happen if you had the light further up the track though out of view, trigger it with the rider close and then OPE it a tick later to where you want it. Any chance this would trick the light into being 'on' a lot earlier?

vladiiiiiiii
04-30-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't think there is any way to make lights visible from a distance. They just don't work.

MaTiSpOrT
04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Magnify the physics bubble size, maybe that helps... ;)
@ vladiiiiii Are you still planning to add "that" shadow?? hehe

Rishaanvb
04-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Magnify the physics bubble size, maybe that helps... ;)
Are you still planning to add "that" shadow?? hehe
I don't think it has anything to do with the physics bubble. The lights just turn off automatically when the light icon/light object is offscreen.

NasT65
04-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the physics bubble. The lights just turn off automatically when the light icon/light object is offscreen.

tried physics bubble the other day, it does not work. it has to do with how far away the camera is. tested last night by using a camera event far away from bike and rider. started a camera under a light and moved it away with an ope. soon as it got away from the light, it flicks off. still havent found a way around it other than to use point lights to hide/blend seeing the lights turn off.

MaTiSpOrT
04-30-2014, 10:19 PM
I made a video and reported it! Hope that's a fixable bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz0u5p4HXpA&feature=youtu.be

IImayneII
05-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Is this problem going to be fixed?

I noticed this problem working with the fire effects. If you crank up the distance of those lights and you drive past them they just turn off making them pretty much unusable...

Very annoying

empecee
05-14-2014, 03:58 AM
im doing a night track and the shadows are doing the same . they appear. then they go off like you switched them off as you ride past . . stupid