PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: AC Unity - Force tutorial training - Multiplayer

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Hello,

I think it would be a good idea to have maybe 3, in-depth training videos that you must play at the start when loading up Multiplayer. If you don't play them then you can't access online until you do. In these videos you get taught how to play sneaky and how the game mechanics work. Right now you don't even have to play them and they aren't very in-depth. Obviously the downside to this is veterans of the series would be playing through something they already know but to be honest I think it would be worth it.

People will still run and do daft things but at least it might the number slightly and provide a much more stealthy game.

What do you folks think?

Kirokill
04-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Mistakes on their sides was on two things.
1) They didn't force it.
2) They didn't focus on score, but a fictional, pirate story. "Soon this city will be scattering with corpses. One should not meddle with pirates". Of course..
They should force it, veteran players will still play it. If they want to access online, and it can be a one time only, no problem with that.

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Mistakes on their sides was on two things.
1) They didn't force it.
2) They didn't focus on score, but a fictional, pirate story. "Soon this city will be scattering with corpses. One should not meddle with pirates". Of course..
They should force it, veteran players will still play it. If they want to access online, and it can be a one time only, no problem with that.

I agree with everything you've said :D

Where-am-I-again
04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
This would definitely make the game a better experience for everybody. There's only one problem: it'll probably force you to play them again every time you get Limited Mode or something, this is Ubisoft. Unless they actually fixed Limited Mode aswell? :P

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2014, 04:27 PM
This would definitely make the game a better experience for everybody. There's only one problem: it'll probably force you to play them again every time you get Limited Mode or something, this is Ubisoft. Unless they actually fixed Limited Mode aswell? :P

It would be a one time deal, once you've completed it, you don't have to re-do it. Although it is available for replay.

Kirokill
04-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Limited mode was originally meant to be a menu when you go offline. This was because on Xbox 360, AC3 singleplayer had taken full space and so the multiplayer needed it's own disc. It shouldn't crash you when get offline and would be a sign of an incomplete game, thus limited mode was put. Same time fulfilling wolfpack without needing internet connection.
However the weak system of online is just plain BS and in the end you get lost in hating it. Which occurs in some bugs in the game. Some suggests to at least saves progress when you get back online because it's a waste to play like that, but that just is adding a way of hacking the game easily which shouldn't happen.

People hate limited mode, but I found no problem in it what so ever. If you want worse pain, taste the unchanging NAT Type 3 curse, then this is the real pain.

DomdudeDaGreat
04-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I wouldnt want a forced training mode... I get that it would be beneficial for all the MPC4UTUBEs in the world to actually know what they are doing when they do their first quick search, but honestly do they really expect experienced players to sit through a lengthy tutorial covering things like 'how to surprise your pursuer' (tactics which never wo No thanks. HOWEVER, they should make the tutorial more assessable and perhaps include more hints for new players. In a lot of games I have played the game likes to hold your hand for the first few matches you play and explain how to do things, if it was possible then this would be far more useful than a compulsory tutorial.

qubal
04-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I think it would be nice for mandatory gamemode tutorials because newer players would have a better understanding of the mode. For example a manhunt tutorial, the tutorial would teach not to take your teammates kills, especially if it is poison and it would also teach that quality of kills is better than quantity. ;) I'm so sick of seeing prestige 1's and 2's getting 12 kills in one session and hardly 2k points. :mad:

Where-am-I-again
04-29-2014, 09:23 PM
It would be a one time deal, once you've completed it, you don't have to re-do it. Although it is available for replay.

My point was, that limited mode tends to sometimes reset your MP in that you haven't, for example, looked at all the stuff you have unlocked, so the exclamation marks returned to all the menus. It also used to clear challenge progress. In the same manner it would make the game "forget" that a player has already watched the tutorial, therefore forcing them to watch it again.

Also, Kiro, I don't have a problem with the Limited Mode either, I barely ever get it. What does happen to me, though, is that my NAT is type 1, but it still behaves like type 3 for some reason (I get kicked out of 95% of sessions). Now that's tasty.

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I wouldnt want a forced training mode... I get that it would be beneficial for all the MPC4UTUBEs in the world to actually know what they are doing when they do their first quick search, but honestly do they really expect experienced players to sit through a lengthy tutorial covering things like 'how to surprise your pursuer' (tactics which never wo No thanks. HOWEVER, they should make the tutorial more assessable and perhaps include more hints for new players. In a lot of games I have played the game likes to hold your hand for the first few matches you play and explain how to do things, if it was possible then this would be far more useful than a compulsory tutorial.

I understand where you're coming from and I can sympathize with not wanting to do any forced kind of training but at this point its either this or continue having people running around clueless getting 100 point kills in vital team modes. Doing this would at least show new players how the game work. Honestly its a one time deal unless you create a new PSN or whatever.

My point was, that limited mode tends to sometimes reset your MP in that you haven't, for example, looked at all the stuff you have unlocked, so the exclamation marks returned to all the menus. It also used to clear challenge progress. In the same manner it would make the game "forget" that a player has already watched the tutorial, therefore forcing them to watch it again.

Also, Kiro, I don't have a problem with the Limited Mode either, I barely ever get it. What does happen to me, though, is that my NAT is type 1, but it still behaves like type 3 for some reason (I get kicked out of 95% of sessions). Now that's tasty.

I do understand but hopefully they'll figure out a workaround or fix that problem .

Where-am-I-again
04-29-2014, 09:42 PM
I do understand but hopefully they'll figure out a workaround or fix that problem .

Yeah, we can always hope...

But don't get me wrong, I think the idea is great.

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, we can always hope...

But don't get me wrong, I think the idea is great.

To all those who are sceptical. I think having this would be good, it would teach some players the value of a kill and not the quantity. Plus it would be:

It would be a one time deal
It would be showing off most of the hidden kills and extra scoring
teach players the value of stealth
Wouldn't be overly long

Kirokill
04-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Kiro, I don't have a problem with the Limited Mode either, I barely ever get it. What does happen to me, though, is that my NAT is type 1, but it still behaves like type 3 for some reason (I get kicked out of 95% of sessions). Now that's tasty.

If it's NAT type 1 via DMZ forwarding. I guess that's the reason. It happened to me like that, I had to spend time playing with router to get it back to NAT type 2. I guess DMZ is just clothes on the NAT type 3.
Some things are just unpredictable. Internet is messy.

Where-am-I-again
04-30-2014, 11:31 AM
If it's NAT type 1 via DMZ forwarding. I guess that's the reason. It happened to me like that, I had to spend time playing with router to get it back to NAT type 2. I guess DMZ is just clothes on the NAT type 3.

It is o.O So what you're saying is, that Type 2 without the DMZ works better?

zSolarStorm
04-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Hello,

I think it would be a good idea to have maybe 3, in-depth training videos that you must play at the start when loading up Multiplayer. If you don't play them then you can't access online until you do. In these videos you get taught how to play sneaky and how the game mechanics work. Right now you don't even have to play them and they aren't very in-depth. Obviously the downside to this is veterans of the series would be playing through something they already know but to be honest I think it would be worth it.

People will still run and do daft things but at least it might the number slightly and provide a much more stealthy game.

What do you folks think?

I totally agree with you :D ... I too was gonna post thread like this in sometime later. A guy on youtube posts unless fk*** videos and says that ubisoft is cheater. He finally deleted his videos/channel. He would always contest and die and say that why don't I am able to kill them. He said that some players use a locking hack. He said if I blend in a group, I'm invisible and still people find and kill me. He said (while running to opposing teams base or while running in a territory in DOM.) that there are so many look-a-likes around, why don't people kill those look-a-likes and why only him?
He fk** my a** of! Biggest NOOb ever. Also most of the people don't understand this game.
Conclusion :- Ubisoft must put a mandatory training session at the start of the multiplayer, with great easy explanation about the game and all that how the games work.

Kirokill
04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
It is o.O So what you're saying is, that Type 2 without the DMZ works better?

Try removing DMZ and play with NAT type 2 or 1 without it, tell me if you find it any better. I personally don't get any disconnections now. Except if the lobby is overlagging. And almost never when joining an ingame lobby.

I have Thomson gateway router. by far the worst router I find.

Where-am-I-again
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Try removing DMZ and play with NAT type 2 or 1 without it, tell me if you find it any better. I personally don't get any disconnections now. Except if the lobby is overlagging. And almost never when joining an ingame lobby.

I have Thomson gateway router. by far the worst router I find.

Yeah, the problem is, no matter what ports I open, the NAT stays strict... What did you do to change your NAT type, besides applying DMZ?

Also, we're wandering a little off-topic here :D

Kirokill
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, the problem is, no matter what ports I open, the NAT stays strict... What did you do to change your NAT type, besides applying DMZ?

Also, we're wandering a little off-topic here :D

I don't care how much off topic right now, it is worth of the discussion.
Since I'm using thomson, I can't really help now it's too different to the others. But I suffered NAT type 3 curse, no matter which port I open, no matter what kind of connection I use, wireless or ethernet. in the end to solution was simple, too simple. I Enabled UPNP and disabled extended security. I then turned off my router then after two to three minutes I turned it on. Did a connection test and wallah, NAT type 2.

Here is how bad the interface in my is, so I have no clue how to help on your. This one is too different...
http://i.imgur.com/JjzT67Y.jpg
No other thing worked besides doing this to me.

Where-am-I-again
04-30-2014, 09:02 PM
I don't care how much off topic right now, it is worth of the discussion.
Since I'm using thomson, I can't really help now it's too different to the others. But I suffered NAT type 3 curse, no matter which port I open, no matter what kind of connection I use, wireless or ethernet. in the end to solution was simple, too simple. I Enabled UPNP and disabled extended security. I then turned off my router then after two to three minutes I turned it on. Did a connection test and wallah, NAT type 2.

Here is how bad the interface in my is, so I have no clue how to help on your. This one is too different...
http://i.imgur.com/JjzT67Y.jpg
No other thing worked besides doing this to me.

I always have UPnP on, but I don't think there's an option even close to "extended security" on my router... What exactly does it do, do you know? I don't recall seeing any security options on my router though, so it might just be worse than your Thomson ^^

Kirokill
04-30-2014, 09:32 PM
I always have UPnP on, but I don't think there's an option even close to "extended security" on my router... What exactly does it do, do you know? I don't recall seeing any security options on my router though, so it might just be worse than your Thomson ^^

I don't really know, I'm a novice in this. I just got this from the Thomson website:-
If Extended Security is enabled only limited UPnP operation between the host and the Thomson Gateway is allowed:
-A local host is not allowed to connect/disconnect the Thomson Gateway Internet connection. You can then only connect/disconnect the Internet connection via the Thomson Gateway Web Interface
-Address translation mappings can only be added or changed via UPnP for the host on which the UPnP application is running.
(http://downloads.thomson.net/telecom/documentation/TG870/R82X/SetupUserGuide/HTML/TG870_en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=sug&file=UsingGateway11.htm)
Seems to allow larger accessibility of UPNP

Where-am-I-again
04-30-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't really know, I'm a novice in this. I just got this from the Thomson website:-
If Extended Security is enabled only limited UPnP operation between the host and the Thomson Gateway is allowed:
-A local host is not allowed to connect/disconnect the Thomson Gateway Internet connection. You can then only connect/disconnect the Internet connection via the Thomson Gateway Web Interface
-Address translation mappings can only be added or changed via UPnP for the host on which the UPnP application is running.
(http://downloads.thomson.net/telecom/documentation/TG870/R82X/SetupUserGuide/HTML/TG870_en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=sug&file=UsingGateway11.htm)
Seems to allow larger accessibility of UPNP

I suppose my router only has either UPnP or no UPnP, no separate security settings for it...

Where-am-I-again
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM

I removed my DMZ, and tweaked around with the port forwarding settings for an hour after getting 110% fed up with the disconnections, and I ended up with... NAT Type 1? Wtf? I thought that was only possible with DMZ or a direct connection between the PS3 and the router? I think, that if not before, then at least at this point it should be clear that the game has no idea what my NAT type really is... Also, I don't know whether this change made joining game sessions any easier (tried one session so far, and actually managed to join that one), but now my PSN keeps crashing. God I just love technology.

Kirokill
05-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Was it from the Network Test or the game itself?
AC4 is BS! I have NAT type 2 and it is always green on AC4. You can't argue with that.
I always have green even if NAT type is 3.

Where-am-I-again
05-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Was it from the Network Test or the game itself?
AC4 is BS! I have NAT type 2 and it is always green on AC4. You can't argue with that.
I always have green even if NAT type is 3.

Yeah, I figured as much... Though, I've actually had red NAT occasionally for an hour at a time, maybe two times during the six months I've had this game.

Kirokill
05-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Are things any better now? Connection issues less?

Where-am-I-again
05-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Nope. Tbh, I got fed up to the point that I decided I don't have to play that game anymore (at least for some time). I've been able to play maybe a total of two sessions today and yesterday, and I'm on vacation atm, so I pretty much have the PS3 searching for sessions for the whole day while I'm doing other stuff.

Kirokill
05-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Then there is no other reason than that the AC4 on the PS3 is a disconnection city.
Everyone seems to confirm this.

Where-am-I-again
05-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Then there is no other reason than that the AC4 on the PS3 is a disconnection city.
Everyone seems to confirm this.

Well, I did hear somewhere that certain restrictions set by my ISP might affect gaming... I suppose the next step would be asking them for help.

Although, I doubt EVERYBODY had these restrictions, so there are also major flaws in the webcoding of the game. Which leads to people quitting the game, which leads to even worse matchmaking

Dead1y-Derri
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I believe Nat Type plays a role in disconnection as this means there connection to a host might not be very strong. I used to play Nazi Zombies with a buddy from college and he had a strict NAT type verses my open NAT type and he'd often disconnect from me.

While I do believe this could server issues, I do think some players do need to think about their NAT type and ISP's output.

Where-am-I-again
05-08-2014, 11:27 AM
The NAT type is obviously a factor. But, it does not affect the connection strength, but the ability to actually connect to every player individually. If one has NAT type 3, they can't connect to others with limited or strict NAT. If two people can't connect to each other in a session, one has to be kicked or the session would be a total mess.

This "desync" can be easily noticed if you have NAT type 3: Once you join a session, you will see the number of players in the session in the top right. Let's say that number is 6/8. Then, you proceed to the character selection screen. You may notice, that there are six characters grayed out, i.e. taken by other players, BEFORE you've made your own choice. This means, that there is a 7th player in that session, who you can't connect to, and therefore can't be seen in the lobby player list nor the player counter in top right corner. This will always lead to a disconnection.

Obviously, the matchmaking is also flawed, since sometimes the game disconnects me for no apparent reason, even from a full lobby (which should mean I can connect to everybody), and sometimes at the character selection screen, all the characters are already picked, despite there being only seven other players in the session.