PDA

View Full Version : Start over FC3 no camps cleared

deathastator
04-29-2014, 01:21 PM
I got the privateer suit somewhere over island 2, and from that point on the free roaming sucked. With the free roaming sucking in a sandbox game, the game itself looses it's core.
(Imagine GTA without cops)

I decided to start over the game but only now without clearing the enemy camps, except those I MUST for the story line. I don't care about 100% so not collecting data at the camps wouldn't be a problem for me. And spending more time on traveling might be more fun while encountering more enemies.

Has anyone done this before and can anyone tell me other downsides, I didn't think about?

FalconFly
04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
As far as I know, the only thing you'll encounter are more enemies and patrols. Basically you'll make your traveling more difficult and give you exactly what you want.

It's been too long since I played it but I think most other tasks were far enough away from camps to complete them without interference (but not all I think).
Other than that, replenishing Ammo etc. will be close to impossible on later islands - this may become a real issue you'll have to assess. Still, you could workaround that by taking at least one camp as your main base and swooping ammo from crates and downed enemies.

Keep in mind though that the camps have all the hunter tasks which add up to alot of skills very useful later in the game. Not sure if you can circumvent that by completing other tasks.

The biggest downfall will likely be the missing rare animal tasks, which you need to craft some higher-end gear (including large ammo pouches), so your equipment is likely very limited due to that (additionally you may end up never being able to carry i.e. 4 weapons, making ammo shortage an even bigger issue)

Butcherbird59
04-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Okay, leave the enemy alone hence there are more bullets for you trying to accomplish your objectives within enemy territory - no worries, you always got your knife, good luck!

deathastator
05-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Leaving the enemy alone is not why I play a game, haha.

But i have found out what camps I NEED to liberate in order to get access to the Paths of the hunter, while enough camps stay unliberated to keep encountering enemies:
- Camp murder, for the wallet.
- Cradle gas, for the loot sack.
- Orphan ... for the syringe thing.
- Cliffside, for the grenades.

This is based on the fact that I am a shooter, meaning I do not use mines, C4, arrows that often, or some even never. (Terrible at the crossbow.)
In the end after completing the final mission, I could liberate the rest of the camps. Also while focusing on the towers first, I get a lot of weapons for free, saving 1000's dollars of money.