PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Differences on AC4MP on Next Gen consoles and PCs

Vitor9656
04-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Hey guys

I'm a user of AC in both next gen consoles and PC. I have seen some graphical differences on multiplayer regarding next gen consoles and PC. Please, if you want to help, read this text carefully and pay attention to abbreviations/acronyms (Ex. AC3MP or AC3SP, AC4MP or AC4SP, AO, SSAO, HBAO): THANK YOU.

I really want to start with Ambient Occlusion (AO) which is being used in AC series since Brotherhood (at least on PC). I didn't even know it used it. Then I saw ACB mentioned in Ambient Occlusion list of games that use this graphical technology on Wikipedia. After that, I launched the game on my PC and stated that AO is used as Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) on ACB for Single Player, multiplayer mode has none of this. For the ones who donít know where is this setting: AO is set to be together with Post FX setting, as AC3 did in AC3MP. SSAO is the most basic AO to be implemented into a game, as far as I know. Then, followed by ACR (not mentioned on the list, not available in Single Player and Multiplayer - checked). Then, followed by AC3 which implemented Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) which is an enhanced AO that really enhances the enviroment qualityís regarding light sources and itís physical properties. As AC3 had this graphical technology for both Single Player (it was adjustable, so you could choose between SSAO or HBAO) and also Multiplayer (as stated before, it was set to be together with the Post FX settings that can be found in the MP settings menu) it was also presented that AC4 was going to have it aswell at PC as Ubisoft worked really hard (Since AC3, game is not well ported for PC) to get this with NVIDIAís crew. What happened is that at AC4 Single Player on PC and PS4 (main plataform to the settings Iím about to say): youíll be able to see 1080p footage with HBAO+, Motion Blur, High settings for Characters, maybe very high for ambiance, high for shadows and reflections, no PhysX and V-Sync activated. This settings also apply to Multiplayer at PS4, both game modes running at 30 FPS on PS4 or 60FPS on PC. But, at PCís version of AC4MP the only AO available is SSAO. So, considering that AC4MP is a enhancement of AC3MP and THEY DID HBAO+ for MP in other plataforms, this graphical feature would be obviously be available at PC too. SSAO is used in Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U which are, by now, called last gen consoles.* So, do you guys know any way to enhance AC4MP in PC graphically in a way Ubisoft didnít? Extra programs, mods, etc or help are welcomed. And, before other forum buddies comes to say that Ubisoft doesnít give a **** to what we say, AC4 wonít have any updates regarding on everything in any plataform, PC version is not well ported since AC3, I have saved your time by writiing these arguments here. :)

Hope you guys have a way out to find a solution for this. :)
Thanks and wanna have some fun on ACMP on PC? Add: vitormc
Wanna have some fun on AC4MP on PS4? Add: Vitor9656.

*PC is not a last gen console, PC does not have generations, it stays forever across console ones.
(Off topic: Advantage of having a console is just about not worrying with hardware and $$$$$ over it? Do you agree)

AherasSTRG
04-28-2014, 10:43 PM
The PS4 version does not support HBAO+, only simple SSAO. The Horizon Based Ambient Oclussion Plus technology is exclusive to the PC and more precisely, exclusive to machines operating using Nvidia hardware. Not only does the PS4 version not support HBAO+, but no game on consoles will be utilising this specific technology in the near future. That is because they are both AMD manufactured and Nvidia won't be giving any details of its implementation any time soon.

If you buy more than 5 games per year and know how to build a computer (or know someone who does), then the PC is the absolute winner. If you buy 5 or less games a year, PC and consoles are equal in terms of value for money.

Vitor9656
04-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Wise words friend Aheradrim! I should have thought about that! :/ When PS4's release it's 1.70 update I'll take some photos of it and I'll post them here together with PC photos for you to take a look. Thanks for taking your time for reading this and reminding me about HBAO exclusiveness to NVIDIA'scard. Though with all you said, I wouldn't consider this thread to be finished. ;)

To be Continued...