PDA

View Full Version : The smoke realy needs to be re-worked for PF



Obi_Kwiet
08-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Especially for the cannon round. There is no smoke dispersion, so the beginning of the smoke trail looks really bad. The tracers from B-17II from 4 years ago looked perfect except for the tracers. I really want these fixed for PF as it's a real immersion killer for me. I also think the AAA need to be way less accurate too. Hitting a parachute from 7 mi away with 15in main guns is really dumb.

Obi_Kwiet
08-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Especially for the cannon round. There is no smoke dispersion, so the beginning of the smoke trail looks really bad. The tracers from B-17II from 4 years ago looked perfect except for the tracers. I really want these fixed for PF as it's a real immersion killer for me. I also think the AAA need to be way less accurate too. Hitting a parachute from 7 mi away with 15in main guns is really dumb.

LEXX_Luthor
08-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Battleship main guns actually shoot at parachutists? Did I miss a thread?

(I never use ships, pure land battlefields here).

RAAF_Edin
08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
oh yeah http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

--------------------------------------
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif
Edin "Kuky" Kulelija
No76 Squadron RAAF

LEXX_Luthor
08-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Do ships and subs fire torpedoes at aircraft?

Just want to know for sure. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

stansdds
08-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Do the sharks have "lasers" attached to their friggin heads?

ElektroFredrik
08-15-2004, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Battleship main guns actually shoot at parachutists? Did I miss a thread?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You is wrong. I have proof. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Be sure. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Do ships and subs fire torpedoes at aircraft?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about that. I'll be back in two weeks
with the answer. be sure...


Please note the chute, and the big guns pointing
at the chute. Not quite my idea of having a good time. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/elektrofredrik/stuff/very-bad-day.jpg

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/ksk/tuftycard3.jpg
"What I study is sex and squirrels" - Jane Waterman, Ph.D.
Flying online as Furvert_Elektro

karost
08-15-2004, 03:22 PM
LOL, ElektroFredrik I see that too.

in the history wwii,did anyone see picture that the war ship point his big cannon to the enemy's chute.

this is best screen shot that i had ever seen.
S!

michapma
08-16-2004, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stansdds:
Do the sharks have "lasers" attached to their friggin heads?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry sir, we've used the lasers to equip the sea bass...

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_chap.jpg (http://giap.webhop.info)

The ongoing IL-2 User's Guide (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/) | Forgotten Skies (http://www.forgottenskies.com/)
But we are all that way: when we know a thing we have only scorn for other people who don't happen to know it. - Mark Twain, Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc

Ak9779
08-16-2004, 03:52 PM
hehe.. Best pic I've seen in a while.

Later,
Ak

----------------
MACHINE GUN : JAMMED
FUEL TANK: LEAK
ENGINE: ON FIRE
PILOT: WOUNDED
...Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days...

GR142_Astro
08-16-2004, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElektroFredrik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Battleship main guns actually shoot at parachutists? Did I miss a thread?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You is wrong. I have proof. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Be sure. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Do ships and subs fire torpedoes at aircraft?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about that. I'll be back in two weeks
with the answer. be sure...


Please note the chute, and the big guns pointing
at the chute. Not quite my idea of having a good time. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/elektrofredrik/stuff/very-bad-day.jpg

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/ksk/tuftycard3.jpg
"What I study is sex and squirrels" - Jane Waterman, Ph.D.
Flying online as Furvert_Elektro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about using too large a hammer for the job. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif Poor little bugger.

http://members.cox.net/kinetic/SigImages/LockheedLightningMed.jpg

____________________________

"If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limosine anyway." ~TheClash~

PBNA-Boosher
08-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Why doesn't he pull out his .45 and start blazing away?

Boosher
_____________________________
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."
-Gandalf

warweapon2
08-17-2004, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Why doesn't he pull out his .45 and start blazing away?

Boosher
_____________________________
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."
-Gandalf<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I can see it now, a round ricochets off into the intake and screws up the engine and causes a DISASTOROUS oil fire that ends up sinking the entire vessel http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

08-17-2004, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stansdds:
Do the sharks have "lasers" attached to their friggin heads?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No but the US did try to put them on dolphins.

http://www.zeuxis.nildram.co.uk/images/seafury.gif

Baco-ECV56
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Well Maybe a .45 may have a chance to go inside the barrel of the Guns and hit the firing pin on the shell inside, at least creating a bit o havoc, hehehe

Carnage2681
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Back to topic. The Smoke lines a good, but they must be thinner.

I nearly see nothing firing with a FW or a La

Or is it the unrealistic MF http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Lethal_Hobo
08-18-2004, 05:32 PM
I think I'll leave the size and dispersion of the tracers and gun bursts to the professionals http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif, I wasn't at the real battles using the real planes, and im not about to attempt to look like a genius http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif lol

"If you don't gear up your brain before takeoff, you'll probably gear up your airplane on landing."

Obi_Kwiet
08-20-2004, 07:26 AM
The smoke in this game is crappy. Mabye we could just dissable it?

triggerhappyfin
08-20-2004, 11:12 AM
About Elektro-fredriks pict....It got me thinking about cartoons, where Duffy gets a whole battleship on his head(droppin from above) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Triggerhappyfin/ace1_copy.bmp
Heads-on firing was not a safe practice after all ?
Jussi Huotari: It was not specially recommendedÔ.....
And later, as the Russians were armed with 20mm cannons, it was unwise to meet them heads-on