PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Help - severely affecting my mental condition right now!

Fexelein
04-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Please help me!

When I was playing Fusion on the PS4 the console suddenly turned off. When I turned it on all was fine except when I started Fusion and it asked me if I wanted to delete my save game because it couldn't be loaded. I clicked no the first time but that got me 0% progress in the game. When I went back to the main menu en retried and guess what, the game is fully reset! :mad::mad:

I have had some serious trouble with getting the skill games on platinum and I just HAD to do it so the chapter icon in the career menu would show the medal. Even though I didn't need it for the leaderboard medal. :mad:

Right now I cannot even play with the Viper and I have to do the entire game again before I can play the extreme tracks. That will be exhausting especially since I would have to do the skill games again if I want the main menu to credit me with my achievement of getting all platinums. Is that weird? I was so relieved when I finally got them all :rolleyes:

Tonight I was down to the final skill game in the last chapter before the extreme tracks .. I was looking forward to finally tearing those up completely. At this moment I can't!

@RedLynx. Can you do anything to prevent this? Unlock the game .. and make a backup file separate to the game save while accessing it.

Please help me, I am so sad!

RetiredRonin
04-27-2014, 03:03 AM
It sounds like the console was turned off/lost power while accessing or writing game save data, which caused data corruption in the form of a unloadable save. There isn't really anything we can do to help you get your progress back. This is the reason that consoles say "do not power down when the save icon is displayed". Sorry that your save is corrupted. :(

Fexelein
04-27-2014, 02:30 PM
****** (please moderate that last comment)

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MY PROGRESS, CHALLENGES, SQUIRRELS AND SO FORTH. THE GAME IS NOW ALSO UPLOADING MY NEW PROGRESS OVERWRITING MY PLATINUM MEDALS!

PLEASE FIX THIS NOW I AM NOT PLAYING ANYMORE *******IT

LOOK AT HOW GLITCHED THIS **** LOOKS
http://i60.tinypic.com/fx4ig5.jpg

Fexelein
04-27-2014, 02:34 PM
It sounds like the console was turned off/lost power while accessing or writing game save data, which caused data corruption in the form of a unloadable save. There isn't really anything we can do to help you get your progress back. This is the reason that consoles say "do not power down when the save icon is displayed". Sorry that your save is corrupted. :(

Thank you, I made the same assumption. However let me add that I didn't turn off the console. It turned itself off. Fusion has been crashing every now and then but never like this. The ps4 itself seems rock solid in any other game I play BTW.

I have the disc version of Fusion. I didn't expect this for a game that is 40 euros.

Dont tell me there is nothing you can do when Trials Frontier will happily allow me to load my progress from UPlay, that game doesn't even cost money!!!! Also, uploading my so-called "NEW" progress to the leaderboards, glitching the whole thing in the process it something you can probably FIX without even patching the game.

CaptCaleaus
04-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Doubt this will help you but it did help me with a corrupted save so worth a go. Your PS4 should automatically be uploading your save files to the cloud is you have PS +. If you go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management and then access your cloud save for Trials it could take you back to a decent place. Note though that this will override any other progress you've made, and depending how long you've had the problem it might already have uploaded your second run through save file. If you ever get a corrupted save on PS4 you need to get that cloud save back rather than start again.