PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed with weekly format

gabusan
04-26-2014, 12:50 PM
I was real excited about weekly format. It was full of possibilities for deck building. We got a weekly format of only BS2, a weekly format of only commons... and then we get weekly format of only BS2 again? Really? These are all the ideas they can think of?

I understand that at some point rule sets for weekly format have to be repeated. But we have only seen 2 and then it is time to repeat again??

If this is not lazy, I dont know what to call it.

ulpsz
04-27-2014, 03:13 AM
typical ubi

have a good idea than implement it in the poorest way possible

Syhd.
04-27-2014, 05:57 AM
I believe the same... this format is so boring

Revalon
04-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Though I have to agree that I was a bit disappointed at seeing a repeat that early, there might be reasons for it. And it might well be that those creating the formats are not to decide which one will show up.
Maybe they want to keep "beginner friendly" weeklies in the beginning. Maybe only after the complaints about commons only they decided to give us a better working one, at the cost of it being a quick repeat, to test other formats some more.

I don't know, but I think we can agree that this would be a good reason. We will see will happen tomorrow. If they give a new one, everything is fine for a week, if they repeat commons only, then feel free to compain, I'll maybe join.

Aegon82
04-27-2014, 10:29 AM
There are lots of beginner friendly modes:
- No more than 1 copy of any card (maybe except events).
- No epics.
- No rares or epics.
- Minimum 100 cards deck.
- No spells.
- No fortunes.
- No cards cheaper than 4 resources.
- No cards more expensive than 3 resources.

And so on...

gabusan
04-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Hey, we got a new weekly format: only necro. Of all possible factions, why did they pick necro to debut this new mode?? Dont we have people complaining in the forums that they are sick of seeing necro decks all over the place with boneyards and banshees?

What are the benefits of having a weekly devoted to the most widely used faction there is? Seems like the poor guy who is playing haven and having a hard time already in standard against the horde of necro decks is getting shafted here. And the guys with necro decks dont need to design a new deck, their old necro deck will do just fine. Was not the point to get people designing decks they are not used to?

Revalon
04-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Well, I have to say that it's not just Necro decks, but pure Necro. So no neutral fortunes, creatures or buildings.

But I think necro is one of the cheapest factions currently, you don't need many rare/epic cards to make it work. Imagine only Academy. How should one play with mainly commons/uncommons and some rares/epics against full Hakeem mill and such?

But yeah, gotta agree it's kind of a strange choice.
Simon said they had some formats for weekly that break usual deckbuilding rules, I hope that they will present one soon, as I think they will be the real fun.