PDA

View Full Version : Effects from getting hit

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 08:24 AM
I think the effects on your aim are not enough from getting hit. If you take a glacing shot to the arm or leg, ok I can accept it won't throw your aim off much. Or if you take a 9mm in your Kevlar center mass, it's not that hard of a impact. But I have shot someone with a M14 IN THE GROIN (heard the sucker grunt) and he fired back and hit me between the eyes (I'd say 15m away), before the 1/2 sec had passed to get my muzzle down for a follow up shot.

Sorry, but the sucker shouldn't have been able to return fire so accurately. This hasn't happened once, I have been amazed at the accuracy of return fire many times like this. I remember (gonna bring up the almighty RS here) how getting hit in RS really screwed your aim. You ducked for cover in order to recover from the hit. If you took a shot and tried to return fire, you would be dead from a follow up shot long before your reticle came back from the hit. Which I liked, and was realistic.

Now, it just blurs your vision. I haven't seen any sort of reticle bloom at all, nor having your field of view thrown off in some direction. I'd love the second, throwing your aim off in the direction you took the hit. You get hit in stomach you are looking at the ground, shot in left shoulder you spin to the left, etc.

If that's not possible, a simple reticle bloom varying in intensity to the power of the round hitting you and/or location of the hit would be best.

No responders of "shut up, it's a demo." I think this would a be a fantastic gaming improvement and should be incorporated into the final version. I hope others agree. At least the reticle bloom could be implemented VERY easily by the programmers, just like in RS/R6.

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 08:24 AM
I think the effects on your aim are not enough from getting hit. If you take a glacing shot to the arm or leg, ok I can accept it won't throw your aim off much. Or if you take a 9mm in your Kevlar center mass, it's not that hard of a impact. But I have shot someone with a M14 IN THE GROIN (heard the sucker grunt) and he fired back and hit me between the eyes (I'd say 15m away), before the 1/2 sec had passed to get my muzzle down for a follow up shot.

Sorry, but the sucker shouldn't have been able to return fire so accurately. This hasn't happened once, I have been amazed at the accuracy of return fire many times like this. I remember (gonna bring up the almighty RS here) how getting hit in RS really screwed your aim. You ducked for cover in order to recover from the hit. If you took a shot and tried to return fire, you would be dead from a follow up shot long before your reticle came back from the hit. Which I liked, and was realistic.

Now, it just blurs your vision. I haven't seen any sort of reticle bloom at all, nor having your field of view thrown off in some direction. I'd love the second, throwing your aim off in the direction you took the hit. You get hit in stomach you are looking at the ground, shot in left shoulder you spin to the left, etc.

If that's not possible, a simple reticle bloom varying in intensity to the power of the round hitting you and/or location of the hit would be best.

No responders of "shut up, it's a demo." I think this would a be a fantastic gaming improvement and should be incorporated into the final version. I hope others agree. At least the reticle bloom could be implemented VERY easily by the programmers, just like in RS/R6.

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
lmao I know exactly what you mena I was on the prision map and I was taking heavy fire with the SSG-3000. I quick peaked scoped in and shot a guy in the crotch accidentily about 20 yards away. He took off half health. and he shot and killed me. I mean...hell If I got shot in the groin witha 7.62 let alone any bullet I'de be on the ground!!!

Special Forces never die they just go to hell and regroup.

Mess with the best down like the rest.

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 03:18 PM
first off anything but the M14 takes more then 1 shot below the waist, if you hit him in the chest he will die, if you have an m14 and hit him in the foot he will die. Thats why most seasoned n00bs use the m14.

----------------------

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~sasjs/public_html/js/iB_html/uploads/post-14-22460-stang.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 09:09 PM
ive hit the enemy with the m14 and hes survived.

Substrukt0rz wrote:
- first off anything but the M14 takes more then 1
- shot below the waist, if you hit him in the chest he
- will die, if you have an m14 and hit him in the foot
- he will die. Thats why most seasoned n00bs use the
- m14.
-
so your saying the game isnt balanced? :/

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
dont start the "n00b" crap already, the M14 is not a "n00b" gun, the only gun that i ever thought was was the incredible PDW. which every tool out there that thought he was the cats *** of rouge spear used. The M14 trades is power for a little more aiming time.

<a href="http://www.herzeleid.com" target="_top" >
http://www.herzeleid.com/images/shared/herzeleid_banner.gif
</a>

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 10:58 PM
They should defently make getting shot actually affect you enough to make it suck. You won't feel the pain, but the guy your controlling will act like he felt the pain, as in flinch and lose his aim, etc etc. Unless he is a terminator robot that doesnt feel pain and bullets just bounce off him.

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2002, 11:08 PM
That's all I want. Remove the ability to fire back with perfect accuracy a split second after taking a serious wounding shot.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 01:29 AM
AnArKey wrote:
- I think the effects on your aim are not enough from
- getting hit. If you take a glacing shot to the arm
- or leg, ok I can accept it won't throw your aim off
- much. Or if you take a 9mm in your Kevlar center
- mass, it's not that hard of a impact.

Maybe its just me, but getting hit with 9mm traveling at 250meters/sek i would think the impact would be pretty hard. and throw your aim of alot. But i have never been shot so i can't really tell.

Anyone with some military background who might know better could properly tell us a bit more.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 05:22 AM
i think u all are right.. i think it should throw off ur aim.. an ive been hit wit a 9mm before.. in the leg.. i fell straight to the ground an didnt move that leg for about an hr.. it dont feel too good.. i couldnt imagine gettin hit in the groin.. god.. i wouldnt be able to hold a gun gettin hit in the leg rather than shootin someone after gettin hit in the groin..

and a 9mm flies faster than 250meters a sec.. it flies at about 2-3000 feet per second..

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 07:04 AM
Every single one of you are right. As in RS when ever you got shot your reticule was thrown off to the left or right or up or down and it bloomed out to the max stage. In RvS it should have a thing where when you are hit your aim should be obscured greatly. In a CSL game this one time I had a M16 and this guy had a SSG. I was planning on a full assault rush (as fast as this game would allow /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ) and rambo my way through. This guy assualted with a SSG and i popped him in the leg TWICE and somewhere in the shoulder/arm area at least once and he didnt even flinch from my visibility point. Needless to say it was over right then and there considering I was ramboing /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif so I died.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Hear this developers?! Write it in please! This is perhaps the first thing everyone has all agreed to in this forum.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 02:50 PM
If you are aiming and a bee stings you, I bet your aim will be off, so dont tell me a shot in the arm by any caliber weapon would not throw you aim off. But i like to know how do you know whether you got shot in the groin or between the eyes? and how can you tell distance in a scaled map?

||- You can run but I rather hide -||

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2002, 04:29 PM
But u guys know why ppl didnt move on from Rogue Spear to Urban Ops? No it wasn't mainly F1, it was the stupid ret knock that UO had. The more ret knock the more the game is ping dependant. And that's a bad thing.

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2002, 10:04 PM
Leave that for a MOD, after the game is released. If the hardore 2% wants that, fine, they can DL that mod

That seems a little excessive. There is something called fun factor... Also if guys are shooting back after you get the drop on them, I think you need to work on your aim. I can't remember a time when I got the drop on a person and he shot back. The blurred vision when being shot is enough.

Also this would make the game easier because like i said, I get the drop on ppl more than not, and if I hit someone and it makes them ineffective, they are as good as dead. So i can leave my cover and go ramboo towards them.

If you want anymore realism, join your local armed services.

I think we are at the limit of realism and fun. Anymore realism will turn more ppl away. It can be a great game. But when there are like 4 clans/squads on a ladder etc. that's no fun!!

Message Edited on 12/01/0204:06PM by Authority

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2002, 08:35 AM
I'm not talking about getting the drop, I'm talking about two guys who spot each other at the same time, and one gets off a shot first, hitting his opponent, only to be killed by his opponents shot a split second later, as if he never hit him in the first place. Stupid. You get shot through with a rifle your aim doesn't stay dead steady like nothing happened.

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2002, 04:54 PM
Hi

This line is from the user ini.

"ReticuleKnock=False"

Looks like its coming /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 04:21 AM
good idea..... another thing that i hate is getting shot in the arm and then i start limping.

"And then i was dodging bullets like raindrops"

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 05:49 AM
Definitely!

I when I go on a killing sprey with a support weapon, it would be nice if people got knocked overor something. If I shoot someone with an mp5... they fall down in a very strange heap.... If I blast someone with a shot gun.... they fall down in a strange heap.... empty 200 bullets with the M249....yes you've guess it, the same heap. Someone comes round the corner and i hit them point blank range with M82..... Surely this could be improved..

I was there blastin this tango in chest/face with my 8 slugs and he just started to limp. Whats that about? First of all his head should have been on the floor. But seeing as that is not acceptable, he could have at least been knocked over/back.

I'm not moaning I love the game, believe me. Theres nothing better than playin it after a bad day at work. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Besides, I 'd have every right to moan after the problems ive had with my copy.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:36 AM
I think that when your hit you should basicly spin completely around and away from who shot you. The person who scores the first shot should have such an advantage that it should be close to impossible to return fire accurately

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 09:09 PM
PISTOL is the test of a real player, in any rainbow game.

My ladder stats. (http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=IDPA_Master&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=41&y=10) Albeit not good.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 12:02 AM
A ton of the ideas written here are kinda silly. The effects from getting hit aren't terrible, but they aren't the best obviously otherwise this trend wouldn't be so active. Basically I think depending on where you get hit should affect how you react as a "cripple (no offense meant to actual cripples out there)" in the game. Lets say you get hit in the arm, your recticle should close super slowly, but it won't affect your walking speed or running speed. You get hit in the leg, you should walk really slowly, but it won't affect your aiming very much. etc etc

Neither of these will actually be implemented, but hey its just an idea that would be feezable to do.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:32 AM
As much as I hate to add to the mess, I feel compelled to point out that if you got shot in the arm you WOULD move slower.

Well, ok maybe a special forces guy who can grit his teeth through the searing pain jolting through his body with every motion would not be affected -_-.

Seems to me like the guys who programmed the effects of being hit must be related to the guys who claimed that Kennedy was shot from behind -yeah, you get hit in the head by a rifle shot from behind, and you fall backwards... thats realistic *sarcasm*-

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:19 AM
There really is no such thing as a certain reaction one will have to getting shot. Some might not even feel that they've been shot due to adrenaline and/or drugs. Then they'll kill or harm the person who shot them and then go die in farther down the street. Or others can get hit instantly feel it and it's effects especially if certain organs, parts of the CNS or blood vessels are hit.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Force of impact still throws aim, at least a little, even if they can't feel it. Especially with rifles.

Now for something that might insight some argument - people do not die instantll from anything short of massive hemaraging in the brain stem (bullet passing through it at speed has that effect), and as such, people shot in the torso in real life, even when they're going to die in seconds from the wounds, can often return fire before losing conciousness. If they're determined enough, they might not even collapse from the shot(s) for a second, enough time for a good spray into whoever shot them, even as more come in.
This doesn't happen with everything though. I've an ex-military friend, who has a friend who went to Gulf War 1 (So reliablilty is uncertain, i'm afraid) who apparently was serving in an American unit. An Iraqie soldier charged at them with a grenade at one point - the yanks fired 6 shots into him with m16s, but he kept running, and nearly threw the thing, except the Australian in question leveled his 7.62 NATO SLR at him, tapped off two shots, and the Iraqie fell in two halves. Don't belive me? One of those rifles can (supposedly) knock a brick wall down with 6 shots fired in quick succesion. No wonder do many Brits want their SLRs back! (if anyone doesn't know, an SLR is a semi-auto FAL variant)

So should players have a final second or two, depending on what they died of, before losing control after receaving fatal wounds when not to the head?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 05:49 AM
I watched some thing on the news were this black dude made a fuss over something with two cops and he pulled out a cell phone to phone some one and the cops pulled out there guns, possibly thinking it was a gun, but it took 8 shots to put him down.

One shot him point blank and he started running then he took six more and kept running but, the eighth was a headshot and dropped him. It was pretty brutal but it gives you and idea of how the body is affected when severely injured, especially if it is exposed to a high tensity situation where adrenaline is pumping before the injury is sustained.

You guys also have to realize that this game isn't designed to be 100% accurate according to real life, it just has alot of different available techniques you would use in real life. Like, the whole accuracy and damage thing is fine.

There could've been like 'bleeding' and stuff but then people would complain like, "wahh I got shot in the leg but I died like a minute later." That's realism. Boom. Artery is gushing out blood. It wouldn't take long for you to pass out and basically 'die' or be incapacitated.

However, I do agree with this in a way. They should extend the damage system in a way that it is slightly more understandable. Blurred vision was a start, but still being able to aim properly with several bullets contained within your body is slightly... off.

***Let's not ruin this game with complaints like what happened to Counter-strike. You may think 'oh it is old and stupid', but think back. WAYYY back... it was good. It was really good.***

Was...

Message Edited on 10/15/0306:07AM by CONSOLEH8R