PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Metal Bands!

Nightgaunt71
04-25-2014, 07:46 PM
1. Black Sabbath in any form Ozzy/Dio no matter it's as good as it gets imho. Can't argue with the longevity of 35+ years, have seen them live in both incantations and nothing can touch the sound and atmosphere, i say that with well over 200+metal shows under my belt.
2.SLAYER!!!!!! Another one of those bands like Black Sabbath where i can put there library on shuffle and never finding myself wanting to skip any of there tunes.
3.Hatebreed This one was a tough one for me seeing as i was only gonna list 3 it was either these guys or Lamb of God and the hardest working one of the 2 is by far Hatebreed, not to many bands have put the blood sweat and tears to get where they are now. These guys literally got to where they are with the underground hardcore music scene and word of mouth at there badass live shows.

Now some may ask, wtf. No Pantera?!?! I feel the same, BUT they are no longer around or ever will be. They would of slipped Slayer to the number 3 spot if they were still churning out records and putting on the most badass live shows you kids will ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rihpED_obk Black Sabbath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHn5bb85Lw Slayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeZy_knHro Hatebreed

Asatruar777
05-31-2014, 06:17 PM
Never got into any of those bands, personally. But I listen to Black Metal more than anything else. Dark Funeral did a cover of Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" that I thought was pretty awesome. Not exactly the same thing, but that's the closest I've been to liking a Slayer track. Listen to anything else?

If I were pressed to name my top three favorite Black Metal bands, I'd have to go:

1.) BURZUM - I always loved how it was Varg Vikernes doing all instruments and vocals himself, and his sound was unmatched for the time. Been around since what, 1990-91 or so? After killing Euronymous from Mayhem and being convicted for burning a number of churches, his actions and music have set him apart from most any other band.

2.) Marduk - I think they've only gotten better over the years. Also been around a long time, and have gone through a few different vocalists, I think I enjoyed them much more in every way possible after Mortuus became vocalist. Lots of people may disagree, but I could care less. Mortuus embodies all of which I think Marduk should be. (I would also add that Funeral Mist should be included in #2 because it is Mortuus' other band.)

3.) Mayhem - Since the mid 1980's they've been top dog it seems as well, but in my preference personally, they come in 3rd. They were 2nd in my opinion, until Marduk had Mortuus as singer. I like earlier stuff when Dead was vocalist, and later on when Maniac was on vocals. He's awesome too imo. Attila is good, but sometimes their albums have more "misses" than hits with me.

All I've gotta say for now on this. Just felt like posting a reply!

ps., other honorable mentions: Amon Amarth, Dark Funeral, Darkthrone