PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] UPlay: Trials Fusion not installed correctly?

D2Dahaka
04-25-2014, 02:10 AM
Downloaded The PC version of the game last night no problems. Wake up the next day fire up UPlay ready to play some more Fusion and the following message pops up: "Unable to start the game. Please check that your game has been installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support."

Anyone else encounter this issue before? Going to reboot and cross my fingers, but hope if the issue persists there is a better solution than to re-download and reinstall as Down Under good internet plans tend to have caps.

Before anyone asks nope I didn't do anything else to my PC. Last thing I did before shutting down was play Fusion, first thing I did when firing up was to attempt to play Fusion.

Edit: Issue still persists. Guess I'll contact Ubi support, but contacting support is getting old fast. If anyone else has encountered this issue and has any suggestions please reply.

Edit 2: Ok did a search across all of my PC's storage devices and looks like all trace of the game has gone except for the save files stored in documents. Did a "verify files" via UPlay and it confirmed corrupted (more like non-existant) files and proceeded to re-download the whole game. I'll keep an eye on it before confirming it's a bug, but I most definitely didn't delete any files and my PC is clean to the best of my knowledge.

Dr4gOnsFuRy
04-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Try verify your files and see if that helps. When you go to press 'Play', there should be a drop down menu on the right of it with 'uninstall' & 'verify files' in there. Maybe one of the files got corrupt or something?
I know it's not the same but on Steam it has happened to me a few times where one of my games was working fine one minute and then the next time it wasn't working at all. Verified the files and it started downloading the missing ones, the games worked fine after that.

D2Dahaka
04-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Try verify your files and see if that helps. When you go to press 'Play', there should be a drop down menu on the right of it with 'uninstall' & 'verify files' in there. Maybe one of the files got corrupt or something?
I know it's not the same but on Steam it has happened to me a few times where one of my games was working fine one minute and then the next time it wasn't working at all. Verified the files and it started downloading the missing ones, the games worked fine after that.

Cheers mate. That's pretty much what I ended up doing. Turns out all the game files excepting the save files got uninstalled/deleted. Confirmed doing a search on my PC storage devices before verifying.

Dr4gOnsFuRy
04-25-2014, 03:09 AM
No problem. At least you found out what was wrong. Quite strange how something like that can even happen though.