PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Beta was 100% stable but final version has already crashed twice in 45 minutes!

Doctor_Hades
04-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Is it me or is the final PC build more unstable than the beta?

I uninstalled the beta prior to downloading the final version but I've twice had the game "stop responding" now, forcing me to have to keep hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager to close the game. The last time it was unable to sync my save game to the cloud so I suspect my save might now be corrupted...which sucks because all progress, times and unlocks from the beta are not carried over to the final game. Also, the Ambient Occlusion setting keeps switching back to Off everytime I load the game.

A great game but, boy, is it buggy. The texture pop in absolutely sucks on the PC with some of the tracks I was playing visibily drawing in detail and shadows while I played. I forgave that in the beta but I expected the final release to be more polished, particularly as the PC version was delayed a week. It's not like my PC isn't more than capable of running this either. I'm using the v337.50 beta driver for my card but I had been for the beta and that was working perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing more crashes with the final build than the beta?

P.S. The Event log records this error which seems to be related to DirectX 11:

Faulting application name: trials_fusion.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x534d91e5
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17041, time stamp: 0x53181302
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b1a63
Faulting process ID: 0x311c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5feea52c7a1e
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Trials Fusion\datapack\trials_fusion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: 8776bcff-cbe8-11e3-819a-6c71d9497605
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Mathesar
04-25-2014, 12:22 AM
I played full version for a couple hours today and so far no crashes using highest graphic settings & vsync.

Also completed all tracks in the Beta and never experienced any crashes with it.

Using 335.23 video driver.