PDA

View Full Version : You Suck

Pie_man1
04-23-2014, 03:45 AM
You suck, you suck and lastly, you suck!

All ******** aside, this PC port feels like you added keyboard and mouse support to a console version. If you don't meet the hefty PC requirements you are punished by the game actually slowing down. If this is not fixed in full release I will be a very unhappy customer and will most likely demand my hard earned $20 back. I would like to stress in this post:

THIS GAME IS CURRENTLY UNPLAYABLE ON PC

Also what the **** is up with the career mode, I would much much rather listen to a group of grade 3's playing recorders than your ****ty narrator.

Just want to say I love this game on the PS4 but the PC version needs some serious fixing. PC gamers are feeling like you took a **** on their collective chests.

(checked the minimum requirements and i meet them.)

mutetus
04-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Who?

IImayneII
04-23-2014, 11:28 AM
If you don't meet the hefty PC requirements you are punished by the game actually slowing down.

This is because the gameplay is tied to fps. So if you have fps lower then 60 it will slow the game down. You can't expect a game to run like intended when you don't meet the requirements.

Godmil
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
This is because the gameplay is tied to fps. So if you have fps lower then 60 it will slow the game down. You can't expect a game to run like intended when you don't meet the requirements.

Yeah, but this doesn't just affect people with 'slower' machines. It will kill the leaderboard, as there is an unfair advantage to anyone running the game in slowmotion.

IImayneII
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but this doesn't just affect people with 'slower' machines. It will kill the leaderboard, as there is an unfair advantage to anyone running the game in slowmotion.

I don't know, I have never seen anyone complain about this and it has always been the case in the trials games. I had the same problem on Gold edition and it didn't feel like it gave me an advantage...It's more annoying than anything else

Godmil
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't know, I have never seen anyone complain about this and it has always been the case in the trials games. I had the same problem on Gold edition and it didn't feel like it gave me an advantage...It's more annoying than anything else

I get average framerates on Evo, but the actual game speed is constant. However this version literally goes in slow motion, it's embarrassingly easy to bunny hop on the back wheel across platforms. Which is new and definitely a problem.

cantpickname0
04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
I have an i3 3220, (very old)
gtx660 (very old)
4 gig of ram (yep)

and on the beta I get 60fps with ultra settings and the lowest I have seen it go is 59fps, what are your specs exactly?

damassacre
04-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Though I would have put it in a more polite way, I agree with the OP. Tying the game speed to FPS is sloppy programming at best. Then you go ahead and inflate the minimum required specs to cover only the machines that can run it at a constant 60 FPS. Could you imagine if all the other AAA PC games did this? minimum system requirements would be off the roof. At least the devs acknowledge the existence of the problem. Though as every minute passes I lose hope of this problem being fixed before launch. :(

Smilies2019
04-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Every game has his system requirements, i dont see why u are mad.

Maybe u should check here if u wanna buy a new game, so u can see if u can play it.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

Godmil
04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Every game has his system requirements, i dont see why u are mad.
1. Leaderboard based skill games shouldn't allow players to have a slowmotion option.
2. I get a fairly solid 50fps. At that framerate it's pretty much too frustrating to play because I know it's not running at the correct speed. What other game is 50fps too low to play correctly?

Pie_man1
04-25-2014, 02:16 AM
Too all the *******s defending them saying "you should have checked system requirements" I remind you THIS IS A ****ING 2D PLATFORMER yet it requires a heftyier computer than dayz. I know I shouldn't have expected much from ubisoft but this is ****ing ridiculous. The full release is it out and I still can't play the game. I want my $20 back. It feels like they spent about 2 minutes on optimization and went ehhh let's just tell em that they need a beefy computer.

IImayneII
04-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Too all the *******s defending them saying "you should have checked system requirements" I remind you THIS IS A ****ING 2D PLATFORMER yet it requires a heftyier computer than dayz. I know I shouldn't have expected much from ubisoft but this is ****ing ridiculous. The full release is it out and I still can't play the game. I want my $20 back. It feels like they spent about 2 minutes on optimization and went ehhh let's just tell em that they need a beefy computer.

Are you really comparing this to dayz? lol

First off, the minimum specs are based on hardware for having a constant 60fps, wich is important for the gameplay of this game. Dayz maybe has lower minimum specs, but it's not that important to get 60fps for dayz, hell I have above recommended specs and I still get 40fps all the time. So I have no idea why you are even comparing specs for these 2 games.

Specs for Fusion are higher so you don't have to come complain afterwards that the game is not running like promised, your argument of Fusion being a 2D platformer makes no sense at all.

If you don't check the minimum specs for a game before you buy it, the only person to blame is you.

As for the slowmotion problem this is an official answer on the forums

One issue we have already identified and are working hard on resolving in the very near future is an issue with “frame-skipping” where the game slows down rather than dropping frames when it fails to maintain a stable 60 fps speed. As a workaround we suggest reducing the graphics quality settings until your PC runs the game smoothly at 60 fps until the fix has been deployed.

SparkierJoNESZ
04-26-2014, 11:10 PM

core gameplay might be 2d(even though curved driving lines exist that doesn't change much) but the world is completly 3d and many 3d skillgames have been made

hell you can even make a better 3d zombie survival game in the editor than dayz is atleast a less buggy one

Zagadka
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
If you've played more than one PC game in your lifetime, you should know not to ever look at "minimum specs" unless you really like turning off every graphics option and playing at a small resolution.

You would also know that the first 2 weeks of most releases are generally spent addressing a lot of technical issues. It sucks, but the nature of variability on PC setups make it pretty much par for the course for any game.

This game is very playable on PC. Look, I'm doing it right now on my other monitor.