PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Person Camera

Hairy Cabbage
04-22-2014, 11:30 PM
OK, so a bit of back-story is needed here.

Basically back when Trials Evo first came out I created a Marble game (was trying to mimic MBU for anyone who knows that game). My game was relatively successful and i was pretty happy with how my levels turned out overall. There was however one thing that really bugged me and that was the camera.

The camera i created was basically just a glue piece stuck to a camera and aimed at the ball, the glue was inside the ball and was kept inside using an OBE. The problem i had with this camera was that as the ball picked up speed the camera would not be able to keep up.

What im essentially asking is if anyone knows of a better way of creating a third person camera that will always stay in its true position.

Thanks in advance! :)

apdenton1
04-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Set the 'position interpolation' and 'target interpolation' speed of the game camera to 100.

Hairy Cabbage
04-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Set the 'position interpolation' and 'target interpolation' speed of the game camera to 100.

OMFG i love you. At first i didnt know what you were referring too with some of those setting because i was using a custom camera as opposed to the default one. I cant believe how simple this fix one. So many years of wondering LOL.

This is a MAJOR breakthrough for the future of HCBall. HCBall fans around the world will thank you.

Thanks so much mate.