PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

CherryFizzy
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
http://s4.postimg.org/z8ydk0qgd/fctis.jpg

https://tamaratattles.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/tumblr_mzq0uxpv621ql5yr7o1_400.gif

+ till u guys return 100 seals for lvling up = quittext: pick quit-msg random length? quit-msg

malkorion
04-22-2014, 01:22 PM
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/codename47deni/Rewards_zpseee6b722.jpg

yeah, it's just really bad.

rcorpCZ
04-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah, they made the mistake of having 1 wildcard as the lowest value because it will always look stupid. They should have said it would be 1-4 and then give out 2-4 WC instead and everyone would be happy. :)

malkorion
04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
I used to get 1-7 swiss tickets a week. :( and now what? gold rewards are cut down, abysmal number of tickets, and a joke of a wc rewards.

larkhainan
04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
You get the biggest rewards!

npavcec
04-22-2014, 07:07 PM
http://s4.postimg.org/z8ydk0qgd/fctis.jpg

Congratulations! You get the BIGGEST REWARDS!

Hillarious.. :D :D :D

Revalon
04-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Honestly, you have to see the reduced login rewards in the context of daily quests being introduced.

As soon as they are "fixed" (aka a skip button is introduced or something like that) we should get more in total - just not anymore for doing nothing.

twardy_
04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
compared to preBS2 rewards, yeah, its pathetic but still free, so whats the problem?

Revalon
04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
compared to preBS2 rewards, yeah, its pathetic but still free, so whats the problem?

We are spoiled brats. We got much, now we get less for free. We don't like that.

thanasis
04-23-2014, 07:26 AM
We are spoiled brats. We got much, now we get less for free. We don't like that.

YOU got much, new players haven't gotten anything. Yet they will have to compete with you in order to progress in the game.
How about resetting all accounts so that everybody starts from scratch? Let's see how much you'd like the new generous rewards then.
But they wouldn't do that. So you're safe to critisize the other players for wanting to have what the people they are fighting against have gotten already.

thanasis
04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
I would hope that people who have benefitted from the previous system at least have the decency to not keep posting saying that all is well with the new system, and that new players don't really need what themselves have enjoyed and keep using in order to prevail over them.
If the new players are satisfied with what they can purchase with the new generous rewards, let them speak for themselves. I've seen no-one yet. Except a guy who said he spent 200 euros the past 3 months to get all the cards he wanted. Some "deepest F2P game" indeed!

Revalon
04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
YOU got much, new players haven't gotten anything. Yet they will have to compete with you in order to progress in the game.
How about resetting all accounts so that everybody starts from scratch? Let's see how much you'd like the new generous rewards then.
But they wouldn't do that. So you're safe to critisize the other players for wanting to have what the people they are fighting against have gotten already.

As said, with a tweak to daily quests, this would not be a problem anymore.

And your argument with new players does not really count, as the main income for an active player was not the daily rewards, but what he got by actually playing.
And as soon as I got one good deck together, everything i earned was just for making other good decks. As I can only play one deck at a time and what else I have doesn't matter, as soon as a new player has a good deck, he can compete with me.

And I don't critisize here. It's normal that people want things for free, and as much as possible. Especially if they (or others) got more for free before.
The post you quoted was full of sarcasm, I hope you noticed that.

thanasis
04-23-2014, 08:02 AM
And your argument with new players does not really count, as the main income for an active player was not the daily rewards, but what he got by actually playing.

Except that now there is no way you can get specific cards just by playing, you can only buy random packs. Let's see how you'd make a top deck with that, when all your opponents can buy the cards they need.

And as soon as I got one good deck together, everything i earned was just for making other good decks. As I can only play one deck at a time and what else I have doesn't matter, as soon as a new player has a good deck, he can compete with me.

No he can't. Because, as you said, in order for a new player to get anything valuable, everything depends on the quest system. But in order to complete all the quests regularly, one good deck is not enough. You need to have one good deck for EVERY faction at least, plus be able to win swiss tournaments or get a good place in swiss, etc. That's why we're reading these horror stories from players who needed 15 duels or played for 8 hours in order to complete their quests. And that's from veteran players, let alone the new-comers.

Look, you're not responsible for the changes but you shouldn't close your eyes to the obvious fact that new players are at a huge disadvantge now, much more than they were before.

Revalon
04-23-2014, 08:53 AM
You should not miss an important part of my post like "with a tweak to daily quests".
And I doubt that you need a really good deck to get some wins with a faction within a reasonable amount of time.
I got my stronghold and inferno wins with more than suboptimal decks in Champ III without any frustration, and I would not call myself anything but an average player.

malkorion
04-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Personally, I'm not taunting new players. I actually feel sorry for them. We had it so good before the patch. Something the new players will never experience.

Blitz556
04-23-2014, 09:24 AM
I'll go ahead and remind something we all know - it's simple human nature that is true for everyone no matter how mature they appear. At the same time you can't take away a huge benefit from someone and not expecting any backlash is as silly as acting like spoiled brats.

They at least need to do something about getting tournament tickets. We aren't getting 6-7 tickets a week anymore, not considering some negligible exceptions seals can only be gained through real money... maybe they should make tickets buyable with gold. I am afraid it seems like this game is gonna take a nose dive soon and making witty comments on anyone's raging isn't gonna help the case...

I am scared... I have put too much time in this game (nothing compared to what many others have but it's still a lot of time for me) for it to... you know... "die". Some people are raging over anything and everything and some are determined not to see the elephant in the room... this so ain't gonna end well...

CherryFizzy
04-23-2014, 09:50 AM

You seem to fail to realize one still had to log and spend some amount of time to collect and build decent deck(s) pre BS2 era, but your time was rewarded equitably and you could call DoC f2p.

Now a new player is forced to grind long hours with little or no joy and only dreaming getting open cards without spending real $z. I bet you'll get same sentiments as soon as you run out of tournamnet tickets/seals.

Sorry UBI but your monetization scheme atm is aimed primarily at newcomers forcing them to reach into their pockets and ofc this can't end well.

I won't go into discussion right now that daily quests compensate fairly and that they are more fun etc. as this plainly said just isn't true.

MastaBlastaX
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
No tickets = Swiss is dead, you have to pay to play it

Reg1nleif
04-23-2014, 12:45 PM
You guys are basically mad because you get 1-3 wildcards at the end of the week, but all you need to do is for 20 secs everyday log in, and get FOR FREE a wc or more and some resources, I fail to see the problem, since nobody makes u do anything for it since it's free, unlike most things in real life. I agree maybe some decisions Ubi made were not the best but raging about free stuff is a bit more in my opinion; keep in mind that this game needs money to run, and the people who work there they must get paid also; at my job when a client comes I take a fee for my service, and I don't expect many of you work for free.

RexGoodwin
04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
You guys are basically mad because you get 1-3 wildcards at the end of the week, but all you need to do is for 20 secs everyday log in, and get FOR FREE a wc or more and some resources, I fail to see the problem, since nobody makes u do anything for it since it's free, unlike most things in real life. I agree maybe some decisions Ubi made were not the best but raging about free stuff is a bit more in my opinion; keep in mind that this game needs money to run, and the people who work there they must get paid also; at my job when a client comes I take a fee for my service, and I don't expect many of you work for free.

So in other words if I do as you say - log in for 20 seconds every single day for about a year I can have a decent deck? Sounds totally legit!

You fail to see what makes the f2p model successful.
It's not bleeding what little players you have dry, it's having a successful free game thereby having a larger and more permanent player base that generates much more paying customers than a stingy model does. If there is a large player base and the game looks like it will have a long life than more players will be willing to invest in the game.

There's already been an exodus of players leaving and I highly doubt as many new players are sticking around now as there were pre patch. This leaves less players willing to pay and with a smaller player base, even those who would normally pay probably won't because they game will not have a lifespan as long as what it could have so why bother.

Also is your job a free to play game? if not then the comparison is ridiculous.

Reg1nleif
04-23-2014, 01:25 PM
If the game is succesful or not will affect the producers and then they will see if their choices were good or bad; and fyi a job, any job consists of you providing a service for someone in exchange for money, in this case they run a business where the target is to make a succesfull, and with a good cash income game; for this they get paid; if the model works or not they will see, until then it is in their power to chose the direction in which the game(business) is heading.

gabusan
05-02-2014, 01:53 PM
You guys are basically mad because you get 1-3 wildcards at the end of the week, but all you need to do is for 20 secs everyday log in, and get FOR FREE a wc or more and some resources, I fail to see the problem, since nobody makes u do anything for it since it's free, unlike most things in real life.

Okay, so we login, get our reward, then close the client and play some other game that actually gives out actual rewards for our playing time instead of making ridiculous demands, like win a tournament against 7 guys in the same situation as you just to have a quest slot cleared and hope for a quest with an actual reward tomorrow.