PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Multiplayer Ranking Up System & Matchmaking

Dead1y-Derri
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Hello,

I'm a casual AC4 Multiplayer person. I like the game but just don't have the time to invest so I play it a couple times a month when I have free time. Now my biggest issue is that everything that is very useful abilities wise is unlocked late e.g level 38-40+. Now you had everything unlocked by the time you got to around level 25 in AC3.

My biggest annoyance with this is I often find myself stacked against guys who are prestiged. Now I don't like to complain because I do really like this game but when you don't even have the abilities these guys have, let alone the crafting of said abilities you do feel very disadvantaged. I mean I'm only level 26 and in all honestly I find being ranked besides those who are at 1,2,3,4,5+ prestige to be rather unfair.

Now this wasn't a problem as I got to level 20 odd very quickly in AC3 and you got most of the stuff unlocked by mid to late 20s and in this game you've got to be up in the 40s before you get some of the most useful and advantageous abilities.

Now this wouldn't have been a major problem if I was ranked with similar levels e.g. people who are in there 30s or something but that's not the case often I'm up with all the big boys and I just get creamed as I don't have any kind of defence at all. I play team based games such as Manhunt and in Manhunt this can really make or break the game and when I'm on a team V-ing a team that is all high prestige levels....I might as well kiss my *** goodbye. Now this wasn't an issue in AC3 because I could use the same abilities as them, all be it not crafted.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Kirokill
04-21-2014, 03:25 AM
You're getting harsh training, you're becoming better ^^. It's better than playing with poor guys, even if disadvantaged that much. If you really want to get those what you want soon, Erudito credits were made for that, to get items quickly for those who don't have enough playtime.

Where-am-I-again
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
For deathmatch and wanted, you don't really need high-level abilities to do well. Disguise (level 1), Time Phase (level 5-ish) and knives (level 10-ish) should do well in both modes. This kind of a layout is actually what most of the high-end DM players use in competitive matches.

As for perks, Fast Recovery (level 15-ish) and the level 1 perk should do well.

Loss streaks, Scavenger is good if you feel like you get poached a lot, and Revelation is the best win streak imo. Both are unlocked at early levels. You probably should stick to the low-point streaks anyway at this stage.

Dead1y-Derri
04-21-2014, 01:21 PM
For deathmatch and wanted, you don't really need high-level abilities to do well. Disguise (level 1), Time Phase (level 5-ish) and knives (level 10-ish) should do well in both modes. This kind of a layout is actually what most of the high-end DM players use in competitive matches.

As for perks, Fast Recovery (level 15-ish) and the level 1 perk should do well.

Loss streaks, Scavenger is good if you feel like you get poached a lot, and Revelation is the best win streak imo. Both are unlocked at early levels. You probably should stick to the low-point streaks anyway at this stage.

Yeah I understand both Wanted and Deathmatch

However for team based games you do tend to be more at an advantage with the higher up abilities.

JamaicanHoliday
04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
If you want to level up quickly, play solo wolfpack while you have the x2 daily boost active. Great way to farm a couple of levels. Also wolfpack is a great way to complete some of the challenges to gain XP.

I agree with your point about the match making being unfair. As a prestige player I often find myself in a lobby with non prestige players. The reality is that fewer and fewer people are playing, so this is happening more or more. Not much that can be done unless you want to wait forever to find a match.