PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Assassin's Creed II - III from PC to PC

Locopells
04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
OK, so I'm in the process of extracting my games from the hard drives of my old gaming rig to a temporary location, with the idea of repeating the exercise when I can afford a new rig.

Rather than go through the process of manually reinstalling each game from disc, and waiting for the updates and DLC to download again, the quicker way is to move the whole lot.

I've done this fine with ACIV and ACL:HD, (which were download versions and easier to do) but does anyone know how to do the same for ACII, ACB, ACR. ACIII and get UPlay to recognise them?

YazX_
04-19-2014, 09:42 PM
the trick is to open registry keys, back up this key with all subkeys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft

once you are done with the transfer, restore this key along with all subkeys and check any key value that points to the path and change it accordingly.

P.S: this key will also contain a subkey for UbisoftGameLauncher (UPlay), so dont restore this one if you have already installed UPlay. anyway, i recommend, backing up key by key and restore them in same order so you wont overwrite anything that has been already opened.

Locopells
04-20-2014, 12:01 PM
That worked fine thanks!

Slight complication in that I needed to access the registry on a dead computer (transferring everything of the old hard drive using a caddy), but this:

http://thoughts.stuart-edwards.info/index.php/sysadmin/access-registry-on-an-external-hard-drive

should give all you need, if anyone is following in my footsteps!