PDA

View Full Version : Got a Copyright Claim on Youtube for using Fusion's menu song, what do i do?

SleepyCatGamer
04-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Just as the tittle says, i never got a copyright claim before, so i don't know what to do, i used the song form the main menu at the end of teh video, so i could take it down and re-upload it with a different song, but that's a big time waste.

Any help?

Tully__
04-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Ubisoft's policy on videos using game content: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/773564-Ubisoft-policy-on-YouTube-videos
I'm afraid I can't do much more than point you at the policy as I've never had to deal with the situation myself.

SleepyCatGamer
04-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Yeah i thought about using the menu music for the ending of the video, cos i think the music's great, but, oh well, i guess i'll just have to change it...

This sucks man, i don't even make money on this ****...

wEEman33
04-19-2014, 03:44 AM
"I got a Copyright Claim on Youtube for using Fusion's menu song."

Welcome to the future.

SleepyCatGamer
04-19-2014, 05:15 AM
Oh man, it's 5 am where i live, and after having to deal with this frustrating situation, that just made my night!

Really, you don't know how hard you cracked me up man!

I don't know who you are, but you're a funny dude, i should put you on the show!

morrillo
04-19-2014, 10:43 AM
"I got a Copyright Claim on Youtube for using Fusion's menu song."

Welcome to the future. So true :( Why does everything seem to get worse when new 'innovations' come around. YouTube, Uplay, F2P...all massive steps backwards. I am a grumpy old man...I miss gaming when you bought a game, it was yours, it was complete, you would be hard pressed to find bugs, there was no DLC models (games were feature rich on publishing). :( boo hoo

Barrybarfly
04-19-2014, 11:41 AM
I am a grumpy old man...

Pay attention guys, my friend has just made the truest comment you will ever read. hehehehe

Sorry, 'Rillo, couldnt resist a little joke there! :D

morrillo
04-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Pay attention guys, my friend has just made the truest comment you will ever read. hehehehe

Sorry, 'Rillo, couldnt resist a little joke there! :D Far too close to the truth my friend :) .. or should it be :( !!

Mr_Shade
04-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Guys, you are free to use content - even to make money from them, as long as it follows those rules.

If you believe you have had an unfair strike [youtubes auto detection can be funny sometimes] - there is an contact address for the video rights team in that post ;)

Maka91
04-19-2014, 11:03 PM
As a long time YouTuber, I'll be honest with you. It's possible, and usually pretty easy to get the copyright claim lifted using the forms provided by YouTube. Problem is that it usually take 4-6 weeks for the claim to be lifted and for you to monetize the content. Your best bet is to just reupload the video with the audio from the menu muted.