PDA

View Full Version : Starter cars

Hawkblade555
04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
I am wondering if the Starter cars have been chosen. You know the 2 or 3 cars you have to choose from like in some racing games (NFS carbon/NFS MW original)
if there will be a choice at start.

MeatloafMT
04-17-2014, 03:54 AM
"I started my playtest by playing from the beginning following the main storyline, the game opened with a Ford F-150 Raptor being chased by the Police, it was a cool way to start the game. After completing the opening, I went to pick up another car for the story, it was a modified Chevrolet Camaro. I needed this car to do the first real race in the streets which happens in Detroit. After this race there was some story driven items that I won't spoil for you guys. Now finally I had the option of buying my own car. There was a choice of; 2011 Ford Mustang, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro or a Nissan 370Z. I went for the Nissan after test driving all of the cars, I drove it stock for around 15 minutes before I went to the tuning shop in Detroit as I needed to tune the car in order to continue the story. For an hour I played some missions before I went cruising. MadManCk was sitting next to me in the test room and was already cruising. We created a crew and started playing together. We first did some story missions to see how it all works when you play in a crew, and then after a while we just went driving and took a trip from Detroit to Chicago, it was a long drive but it was damn fun because the world feels so alive. We arrived in Chicago and discussed what our next destination should be. We decided to take the in-game plane to Las Vegas and then we drove back from there to Chicago, it was really an amazing trip driving through the cities and the multiple environments. After again arriving back in Chicago, it was time to stop playing and that was the end of Day 1. "

It is stated in this paragraph of an article from turboduck. Here is the link to the rest of the article:

http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/31620-turboduck-Plays-The-Crew-aka-Climate-Change-of-Fish-Report

Hawkblade555
04-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Wow thanks I was really curious because they way racing games are going i almost expected it to be a ford focus and you had to use it till you could afford something else

MeatloafMT
04-17-2014, 06:57 PM
I would like to say that these may not be the starting cars because it doesnt exactly state it. These might have just been the cars that were available at the time to play with.

DT-MadManCK
04-17-2014, 08:45 PM
I would like to say that these may not be the starting cars because it doesnt exactly state it. These might have just been the cars that were available at the time to play with.

Exactly. The playtest was designed to let us experience the game in different stages of the playthrough. Maybe the car choices at the beginning of the game will be slightly altered in the final product.
It would not surprise me, if they have some more aces up their sleaves. They even had things hidden for us especially for the event. It is a fun bunch of devs full crazy and funny ideas. One of the reasons why i think this will be a kick *** game.

There are 5 reviews of the event in Lyon available now BTW.
3 are linked to this Ubi Crew forum, one from Soundwave at Tduck, another from Fr8shakerd8n at Reddit and mine at TDUDrivetime as well.
The other two are at Team VVV and TDU France.

If you read all of them you get a pretty good idea about the game and the event in Lyon.

Elongo06
04-18-2014, 12:38 AM
To be a part of that was so very special. It was really weird to experience. I have never been around so many cool nice people like that. It was if I knew everyone for years. And to be able to play the hottest racing title 6 months early was a super thrill. And for our sites to grab their attention like they did was flattering.

Vagelis4VP
04-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all the info and reviews guys.. it gives a pretty good feeling of the whole situation. I have a feeling the devs will not stop there...they have more plans for the future.
I hope in the future they will include oculus rift support too. Crazy times. :)

Elongo06
04-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I wonder where the Oculous Rift will go with the Facebook buyout. It seemed to cause a bit of a uproar when it was announced.

Vagelis4VP
04-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I wonder where the Oculous Rift will go with the Facebook buyout. It seemed to cause a bit of a uproar when it was announced.

yes, we'll have to wait and see for that....personally i have faith that things will go well, but we'll see.
The VR train is getting speed, and there will be more products other than Oculus which will come forward.
It seems that VR will have a big role in the future of gaming.... and i mean near future... next 5 years or so.

MeatloafMT
04-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Exactly. The playtest was designed to let us experience the game in different stages of the playthrough. Maybe the car choices at the beginning of the game will be slightly altered in the final product.
It would not surprise me, if they have some more aces up their sleaves. They even had things hidden for us especially for the event. It is a fun bunch of devs full crazy and funny ideas. One of the reasons why i think this will be a kick *** game.

There are 5 reviews of the event in Lyon available now BTW.
3 are linked to this Ubi Crew forum, one from Soundwave at Tduck, another from Fr8shakerd8n at Reddit and mine at TDUDrivetime as well.
The other two are at Team VVV and TDU France.

If you read all of them you get a pretty good idea about the game and the event in Lyon.

I can't wait to see you be able to release more information from your experience. To add to that i have read all the articles on the event. I regularly check the sub-reddit, this forum, their twitter, and occasionally check your profile on this forum and TDUDrivetime as well.

DedeKorkut93
04-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Please don't forget to vote here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/830475-German-Cars-Poll-for-The-Crew

Memory_Kill
04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
My guesses would be, on the current confirmed cars and "speculation" cars:

- Mini Cooper S
- Fiat 500 Arbarth (trying to find a source for this)
- Focus RS
- Crown Victoria (possibly just a traffic car)
- 370z
- ??? Maybe a less powerful muscle car
- ??? dunno

I would guess at there being a choice of at least 6, 6 is fair, but who knows, 6 months away or so I hope we see some more interesting cars! As i know for a fact there are cars MadMan et al can't disclose yet, hopefully one of those is the Fiat 500 hehe.

xAndrei08x
05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
first real race in the streets which happens in Detroit. After this race there was some story driven items that I won't spoil for you guys. Now finally I had the option of buying my own car. There was a choice of; 2011 Ford Mustang, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro or a Nissan 370Z.

Damn! I think I will choose Nissan 370Z too,love this car!