PDA

View Full Version : Sharks in underwater

Mosquitozzzzz
04-16-2014, 04:40 PM
At first - thanks to creators for great game. Really.

Now about sharks in underwater. It is sh..t. I want to get enjoyment in underwater exploring, not scaring and be eaten by sharks. And this hiding FROM SHARKS in those alga... - it is lol. And this unseen by sharks when u in front of them but not in 20 meters, but in 30... lol and marasmus. It is totally UNFKING REAL to avoid sharks in real life in such situations. I love underwater. I love enviroment there, but sharks fk up everything, all enjoyment. Cause of those fking sharks u think how the hell faster get out from that underwater, instead of getting enjoyment from underwater. All other animals are ok. They are not so fking dangerous and u feel ok with them. Whale is great. But those sharks are **** in underwater. Ruin all pleasure.

Please, creators, get them off from underwater missions in update or something like it. Thank you much.

YazX_
04-16-2014, 08:12 PM
sorry to disappoint you, there will be not patches to alter the behavior, yes you are right, most gamers didnt like the hide/seek game, me personally expected to have at least a knife to defend myself, it would make it much more better, anyway, it is what it is now, so you have to adapt.

lgzn
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Any reply based under the "it is what it is" rhetoric is beyond bad to read to any costumer. I know that this is probably the truth but that's definitely not the better approach.

TR.Misterscruff
05-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Like Yaz says at least we should of had a knife at least, your not going to swim in shark infested water's unless you really had to ! But over all an excellent game.

Ureh
05-02-2014, 04:01 PM
A dagger would've been nice (even if you had to buy it as an upgrade). Not sure if a dagger coated with poison is viable in underwater? Maybe all of it would just wash away as soon as it's unsheathed. :P

xdj1nn
05-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I agree, that was just stupid... First of all Sharks can barely see something, they smell stuff, secondly sharks will only attack if they detect you as prey, for that they HAVE to be man-eaters, meaning only sharks who already ate men will try to eat men for real, shark attacks also happen rarely when a shark decides to "try" the helpless human, but usually they don't like it, also a shark-bite while free diving at those depths would mean certain death, given one shark bite would disable the person instantly unless this person were really lucky, but then again the oxygen consumption of wounded people would increase drastically, and even if Edward was lucky enough to get only scratches he would probably drawn out of desperation and elevated oxygen consumption due to the wounds...

Another ridiculous thing are those currents pushing you back and forth while locking your camera, I mean, it becomes some sort of "dodging" mini-game where you must dodge without seeing because your camera is pointing backwards... Just laughing to not cry ahahaha

PS: Another way of an shark attacking you is if you are bleeding...

bveUSbve
05-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Certainly don't AC-sharks behave naturally. But that's not really important. The important thing is that most diving levels were totally infested with sharks, making these missions a pita - and not fun to do at all; for me at least. It's a pity, really, since otherwise diving would have been a very welcome gameplay diversion.

ChiefRedCloud
07-19-2014, 09:39 PM
I'll add my voice to this to just say, a knife would have been nice. Speaking of knives, why can't you purchase a knife or carry more than one that you pick up on very few body searches hwere you are only allowed one?

Cheif

Ureh
07-19-2014, 09:50 PM
@ChiefRedCloud

I'm guessing they wanted to avoid the ACB Ezio playstyle (he carried up to 25 daggers, 10 bullets, 15 poison darts, around a dozen smoke bombs, etc). The throwing knife, in AC4, is effectively a single shot crossbow bolt. It instantly kills a nearby guard and only rouses the attention of other guards if they're really close. If they let Edward carry several knives it might undermine the blow pipe's function. So allowing us to carry only one dagger was to keep the gameplay a little more balanced. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 11:37 PM
That would be my thinking as well.

ChiefRedCloud
07-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I can go with this except it is imposable to find or even purchase ONE knife. And back to the sharks, well even if you could ONLY use this one knife on a shark, I would be happy as I have yet to get the blow gun to work under water. LOL .....

Chief

Ureh
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
You're right, the knives can't be purchased. But we can find them on the agile guards (the ones that don't wear hats and tackle Edward if he tries to escape during a fight) and Couriers. Agile guards are quite common (rooftops and ground level).