PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity May 10-11?

Wolfmeister1010
04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
http://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/29926560/0/assassins-creed-unity-podria-dar-a-luz-sus-primeros-detalles-en-mayo/

Found this article. It is in spanish but I will summarize. Basically there is this roleplaying festival or something going on on May 10-11, and it is "hosted" by Assassin's Creed Unity. A trailer on the site confirms this by showing a clip part of the sneak peak trailer. Think what you will I suppose.

Her is the translation of the page:

Recently, Ubisoft has announced that it will attend the 2014 Convention of the role on 10 and 11 May. But this does not end here; Ubisoft has released a trailer that shows that Assassin's Creed: Unity will be the main host of this game show. It is likely that Ubisoft wants to capture the attention of fans prior to the big game show, E3.

oliacr
04-16-2014, 01:25 PM
It can be, and I'm hoping for this. No info till E3 would be a bad decision by Ubi and I see that they stick to the ACR formula I mean they are releasing the first footage in May.

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2014, 01:26 PM
I was waiting for this to be honest considering how powerful the marketing for Black Flag was last year ? it was ferocious campaign, as soon as the game was announced promotional T shirts, Key rings amongst other things was all over my local game stores.

oliacr
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I was waiting for this to be honest considering how powerful the marketing for Black Flag was last year ? it was ferocious campaign, as soon as the game was announced promotional T shirts, Key rings amongst other things was all over my local game stores.

Exactly, with all those videos. Perhaps May will be busy.

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Exactly, with all those videos. Perhaps May will be busy.

My thoughts exactly ! also taking in the fact that this will be the first Assassins Creed to hit next generation systems.

jayjay275
04-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

pacmanate
04-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Don't believe it. Why reveal some stuff at some random convention? E3 is the place to be.

LoyalACFan
04-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Don't believe it. Why reveal some stuff at some random convention? E3 is the place to be.

Gonna have to agree, especially considering that E3 would be only a month away by that point.

oliacr
04-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Gonna have to agree, especially considering that E3 would be only a month away by that point.

We'll see, but why not? It doesn't matter if they reveal something at a random convention or just upload a video youtube. It is almost the same. They released bunch of videos prior to E3 last year so why do they wait till e3 with just a one-minute sneak peek?

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Agreed.

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 06:54 PM

There are so many reveals at E3 that you will only get a fraction of the attention. If Ubi host their own event before E3 they will get full attention from all gaming media. Then they can reveal some new gameplay at E3 and get even more coverage.

GunnerGalactico
04-16-2014, 08:08 PM
There are so many reveals at E3 that you will only get a fraction of the attention. If Ubi host their own event before E3 they will get full attention from all gaming media. Then they can reveal some new gameplay at E3 and get even more coverage.

Maybe... can't be sure though

LoyalACFan
04-16-2014, 08:19 PM

But they might as well just release stuff online instead of at a random convention. The whole point of showing your product at a convention is to attract attention from people who wouldn't otherwise hear about it; it doesn't matter to us (i.e. the forum community) where Ubisoft makes announcements because we'll all have heard about it on here within a day or two anyway. If they take it to E3, they'll be exposing it to people who are either at E3 to see non-AC stuff, or browsing online coverage of the event (I know lots of people who don't follow gaming news as closely as me, but always check out E3 and PAX stuff on IGN or whatever). There's a much higher chance that a non-AC fan will see it and say "hey, that looks cool, maybe I'll get it." But if they reveal it at some small event, they're basically just announcing it to the people who would have inevitably found out about it regardless.

GunnerGalactico
04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
But they might as well just release stuff online instead of at a random convention. The whole point of showing your product at a convention is to attract attention from people who wouldn't otherwise hear about it; it doesn't matter to us (i.e. the forum community) where Ubisoft makes announcements because we'll all have heard about it on here within a day or two anyway. If they take it to E3, they'll be exposing it to people who are either at E3 to see non-AC stuff, or browsing online coverage of the event (I know lots of people who don't follow gaming news as closely as me, but always check out E3 and PAX stuff on IGN or whatever). There's a much higher chance that a non-AC fan will see it and say "hey, that looks cool, maybe I'll get it." But if they reveal it at some small event, they're basically just announcing it to the people who would have inevitably found out about it regardless.

* True. They might as well just reveal stuff during a big event ( E3 :p ), when the entire gaming community will be tuned in. Not only can they make their big announcements or unveilings, they can market the game and gain more audiences.

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 08:49 PM

Sorry not following your logic here. Take someone who doesn't follow gaming news, but watches E3. What's the difference to him if Ubi revealed the game a month prior to E3, or if they do it at E3? In both scenarios the first time he will se footage is at E3.

This is a case where you can have your cake and eat it too :)!

lothario-da-be
04-16-2014, 08:57 PM
They better show something before e3, I have been waiting since february!

oliacr
04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
They better show something before e3, I have been waiting since february!

Agreed

deskp
04-16-2014, 09:12 PM
That will be arund the same time as the June cover for game informer. They might have that aswell, and it'll be a full blowout During May.

Culminating in a full gameplay demo shown at E3

GunnerGalactico
04-16-2014, 09:17 PM
That will be arund the same time as the June cover for game informer. They might have that aswell, and it'll be a full blowout During May.

Exactly. :)

LoyalACFan
04-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Sorry not following your logic here. Take someone who doesn't follow gaming news, but watches E3. What's the difference to him if Ubi revealed the game a month prior to E3, or if they do it at E3? In both scenarios the first time he will se footage is at E3.

This is a case where you can have your cake and eat it too :)!

It's always good to get as many people as possible with the initial reveal. If they're on the hype train from the very beginning, they're almost sure to follow through with a purchase, instead of feeling like they're late to the party and waiting for reviews first.

VoXngola
04-17-2014, 01:12 PM

This could very well be, the thing that confuses me a little is Watch_Dogs' release date. It's in May too. Surely they want to give Watch_Dogs even more hype in it's release month? Why would they say anything regarding AC then?

Urgh I really don't understand Ubi this year...

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
This could very well be, the thing that confuses me a little is Watch_Dogs' release date. It's in May too. Surely they want to give Watch_Dogs even more hype in it's release month? Why would they say anything regarding AC then?

Urgh I really don't understand Ubi this year...

True, if this convention thing is real then that's RIGHT before W_D releases. Surely they wouldn't pull out all the stops on Unity just a couple of weeks before another major launch?

Sushiglutton
04-17-2014, 05:10 PM
It's always good to get as many people as possible with the initial reveal. If they're on the hype train from the very beginning, they're almost sure to follow through with a purchase, instead of feeling like they're late to the party and waiting for reviews first.

Hmm that may be true, didn't think about that. On the other hand very few of the big games seem to be reveased at E3 (GTA, COD, AC etc), so it seems like this reason isn't enough.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Hmm that may be true, didn't think about that. On the other hand very few of the big games seem to be reveased at E3 (GTA, COD, AC etc), so it seems like this reason isn't enough.

With huge franchises it doesn't make that much difference I wouldn't think, but considering that AC has gone stale in a lot of peoples' opinion, they might want to just blow everyone away with a huge E3 reveal.

Sushiglutton
04-17-2014, 05:44 PM
With huge franchises it doesn't make that much difference I wouldn't think, but considering that AC has gone stale in a lot of peoples' opinion, they might want to just blow everyone away with a huge E3 reveal.

I'm just trying to be an optimist here. I think there's an ok chance they will show some more before E3. Also since they have two games this year it may be confusing if they wait until E3 to eshow everything?

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm just trying to be an optimist here. I think there's an ok chance they will show some more before E3. Also since they have two games this year it may be confusing if they wait until E3 to eshow everything?

Oh yeah, I'm thinking there's a decent chance they'll show it before E3 too, I'm just saying that if they're going to do a convention reveal, E3 would be the place to do it. Not a small convention nobody's heard of. If they go that route, they might as well just do a web-based reveal like they did with the last few games.

JustPlainQuirky
04-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Eh, I'm not expecting anything.

But hey it would be a nice surprise.